Game of Thrones & GOT Spinoffs

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Max Mosley, May 26, 2011.

1. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Do this ok? Watch Season 1, Episode 5 "The Wolf & the Lion". Then go directly watch Season 1, Episode 1 "Winter is Coming" next and follow that with Season 1, Episode 2 "The Kingsroad". Follow this formula ok and you with be thanking me later as you coast thru the rest of the series in 3 episode rips!

2. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Yep. There's so much the show leaves out regarding them and other characters, and I'm excited to see where the books take it all. They've done a great job with the show, but the books bring a richness and depth that the show hasn't come close to delivering in my opinion.

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

And that makes me wonder what the prequel shows will be that they have planned are? Aegon Targaryen the First's Conquest of Westeros? The Blackfyre Rebellion? Dunk & Egg/Hedge Knight Series? Robert's Rebellion? Crap load of history within that world that they've touch up and haven't fully explored.

4. Tamstrong

I've been wondering about that myself. I still haven't gotten around to finishing The World of Fire & Ice yet (the book is too big to carry around with me), but I do wonder where in that history they will start. I think it'd be cool if they'd start at the beginning, but they'd probably not deem that interesting enough for TV.

5. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

My boo's

[​IMG]

Not feeling the fast pacing of this season. Felt like alot was missing from episode 2.

6. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Theon needs to take lessons from Grey Worm on how to be That Dude with no dick .....

7. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

The shortened season has forced them to squeeze 10 episodes into 7 which has forced the faster pace this should be episode 5 instead it's two.

Last week I thought to myself why the hell did they land at dragonstone that was so stupid I got it as a symbolic thing, but from a military standpoint no way Sunspear was the place to land and launch the invasion from. Now part of the fleet is lost along with your most experienced naval commander, Drone is leaderless which may put there army out of the fight, and who knows how things in the reach are gonna play out.

8. Young Herschel

^^^ Completely agree that Dorne was the launching point that Daenerys should have chosen: A) Scarcely populated and the superb food supply of produce and fishing are necessities, B) Plenty of beachies to use for your navy C) Dragonstone lacks the natural resources to support her armada . . . its desolate and devoid of livestock and agricultural resources unlike Dorne

The real reason they had Daenerys Targaryen go to Dragonstone was so she could have her "Henry Tudor" moment on that beach as she did in the season 7 premiere.

Dorne is far from leader less Ellaria Sand was PREPOSTEROUS as presented as her regent in Dorne as if the highborne houses would allow the bastards to just conduct a coup which would set such a terrible precedent as to place all the Dornish nobility in peril of similar treachery from their bastard relations. House Yronwood remains as doe House Dalt of Lemonwood, House Manwoody of Kingsgrave, House Allyrion and the Bastard of Godsgrace (last seen at the trial by combat where his paramour Oberyn Martell lost his life. Dorne will rise up under proper highborne leadership

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Ummm.....yeah.....when were all these Houses introduced in the show? And how do you think they'll have some impact in things this late in the game?

There's a reason why fans of the book don't like the way the Dorne storyline was played out the show, especially the WTF killing of Doran Martell.

10. Young Herschel

^^ The aforementioned Dornish houses were aptly introduced as the accompanied Prince Oberyn Martell to Kings Landing in the season 4 premiere.

11. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Theon may have freaked out but he probably saved his and his sisters lives (at least in the short term)

12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

And other than House Martell how fleshed out are these other Dornish houses?

Dorne and its houses should have been fleshed out in the same way that the houses in Westeros were. As it stands a lot of story potential was lost with how Dorne and the characters connected to it were handled on the TV series compared to the books.

Clearly they must be planning a big redemption for Theon resulting in his death. That's the only thing I can see.

I don't think Euron would have killed Yara if Theon had actually tried to stand up to him. He would have killed Theon for sure, but he's going to save Yara to make a statement to the Iron Islanders. He'll humiliate her as much as he can before he actually kills her because she's a woman with "balls". Since he's suppose to be the douchebag for the season I can see that happening.

13. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Yeah no way Illaria and the Sand Snakes could seize power that easily.

At least with Ollena you can say even if she isnt from house Tyrell by blood she is old and therefore she is fine as regent while the Tyrells decide who gets to be in charge next...

The problem with the show is they make house far smaller then they are in the books. Its pretty hard to totally wipe out nobility that is be in power for centuries.

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

THIS.

The show fucked up when they decided they were going to make Ellaria & the Sand Snakes the focal Dorne characters rather than Doran Martell. Then they compounded that decision by actually introducing the character of Doran Martell and making him look basically ineffective and weak compared to how he's portrayed in the books. Had they chosen to substitute Doran for his son, Quentyn, a character from the book who was very insecure and always doubting himself, the Sand Snakes power grab would have made more sense.

15. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Rest in peace, Lady Olenna Tyrell. You were so boss even up until the very end.

16. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

--spoilers--

I was afraid that after she confessed to Jamie that he was gonna stab her with his sword before the poison could kill her.

17. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. Tamstrong

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Hackers demand millions in ransom for stolen Game of Thrones data after releasing upcoming episode synopsis as well as a month's worth of emails from HBO vice president

Hackers using the name 'Mr Smith' have posted a fresh cache of stolen HBO files online and demanded that HBO pay a ransom of several million dollars to prevent further releases.

The data dump on Monday included a strange video synopsis of the plot of next week's episode of 'Game of Thrones', and a month's worth of email from the account of Leslie Cohen, HBO's vice president for film programming.

The data dump also included internal documents, including a report of legal claims against the network and job offer letters to top executives.

'We successfully breached into your huge network. … HBO was one of our difficult targets to deal with but we succeeded (it took about 6 months),' the hackers wrote in a video message to HBO CEO Richard Plepler, which was also sent to the Hollywood Reporter.

HBO, which previously acknowledged the theft of 'proprietary information,' said it's continuing to investigate and is working with police and cybersecurity experts.

The network said Monday that it still doesn't believe that its email system as a whole has been compromised.

This is the second data dump from the purported hacker.

The leak of Sunday's episode online two days before it aired was not related to to the hack, and instead originated from a distribution partner in India.

...Those behind the HBO hack claim to have more data, including scripts, upcoming episodes of HBO shows and movies, and information damaging to HBO.
    To stop the leaks, the purported hackers demanded 'our 6 month salary in bitcoin,' which they implied is at least $6 million.

20. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

The breakneck pace is the only thing I dislike about the current & last season.

I disagree. IMO, The shorter seasons & faster pace is caused because the producers don't have enough material. The lack of material is caused by 2 reasons:

1. The show has passed the books & the producers are just going off GRRM's plot outline for the last 2 unreleased books.

2. The show cut out major storylines & characters from the books, especially books 4 & 5.