Game of Thrones & GOT Spinoffs

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Max Mosley, May 26, 2011.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

2. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

3. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

Damn it gotta wait 4 more months usually get a premiere in April.

4. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

6. Tamstrong

7. Tamstrong

8. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

I was not teasing lol. I didn't consider it specific enough to warrant a spoiler tag.

"Spoilers Published"

"It was well past midnight before the last of their guests took their leave and Dany retired to her own apartments to join her Lord and King, Hizdahr Zo Loraq, who was at least happy, if somewhat drunk. "I keep my promises," he told her, as {their handmaidens} were robing them for bed. "You wished for peace, and it is yours."

And you wished for blood, and soon enough I must give it to you, Dany
    thought, but what she said was, "I am grateful."

The excitement of the day had inflamed her husband's passions. No sooner had Irri and Jahqui retired for the night than Hizdahr tore the robe from Dany and tumbled her backwards into bed. She slid her arms around him and let he have his way as he sunk his long, thick bronze sword between her white, creamy fat thighs again and again. Drunk as he was, she knew he would not be inside her long. Nor was he. Afterwards Hizdahr nuzzled at her ear and whispered, "Gods grant that we have made a son tonight."

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  9. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Thanks.

Which characters are these?

10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

11. Young Herschel

Possible spoilers . . .

I don't believe that . . . in the books anyway . . . Daenerys even truly knows who she is. To go around calling yourself "Stormborn" seems quite presumptive to me. Maybe my theory is wrong but I hope GRRM has some surprises in store in the decade to come about R+L=V

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  12. Young Herschel

"Book Spoilers Here"

Arguably the best book in the ASOIAF series. This is the one which gave credence to my theory and that of others who believe in alternative theories as opposed to those in the mainstream and supported by the vast majority of GoT fans (R+L=J). Let's hear it for "A Clash of Kings" and the Daenerys chapters pertaining to the House of the Undying shall we (R+L=V)?

13. Young Herschel

Have you read the fifth book yet Ra? It is so different and better in multiple ways than season 5 of the show. Get the audiobooks from your local library at the very least.

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I've read all five of books in the series plus at least two of the Hedge Knight novellas that take place 100 years before the events of A Song of Ice & Fire.

Quite a bit has been left out of the TV series as compared to the book series never mind that several things have been revealed on the TV series that have not yet been revealed in book series such as the Night King, who has only been hinted at in the books and has not yet appeared. If they pick up Bran's storyline with the Three Eyed Raven in The Winds of Winter and it plays out in a similar fashion as it did on the show, that more than likely will be his official first appearance in the book series.

15. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I just sat down to watch GoT after everybody on social media and in my neighborhood talking about it for a week. Emilia Clarke's character Daenerys only had one scene and they made the most out of it as she rode into Dragonstone like a Bad Ass.
    [​IMG]

Seems like a cool show, sorry I missed it. But I'm not going back to watch all six seasons so I just watched one of those 2:00 minute videos where they get you up to speed in a short amount of time.

16. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

You are really missing out my dude

17. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Lol, Yeah, apparently. People keep telling me that every time I said I never watched it. I got the same thing when I was just getting into ER by the fourth season.

18. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The good thing about starting late on GOT is that the entire series is only 61 episodes at this point. You could knock that out in a couple of weeks (or 1 week if you don't have a job or a family;))

19. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Arya going full assassin creed.

20. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

You really are. It's worth it to take a couple weeks and get caught up before you move forward with the show. You don't get to know the characters, watch them grow, the suspense or become emotionally invested with those recaps alone.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017