Game of Thrones & GOT Spinoffs

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Max Mosley, May 26, 2011.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Wun Wun a giant and could rip people in half. He ultimately proved to be mortal in the end. Look who it was that took him out.

Odds are it will be the Hound who has to take the Mountain down. And remember, he himself came back from what seemed to be his certain death. He said his hate is what sustained him and he does have reason to hate his brother. That could be his "magic" so to speak, in going against the Mountain.

2. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

True about Wun Wun, but Wun Wun wasn't encased in full body armor.

When The Hound came back, Ian MacShane's character did mention that he must have been saved for a reason. I'm sure killing The Mountain is the reason.

It'll be interesting to see how they accomplish it. They'll have to get Gregor's helmet off, at least.

This is why The Mountain stresses me out so much. LOL.

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Just pointing out that the Mountain can be killed. Didn't say it would be easy.:)

Had another thought since the Mountain won't be easy to kill, but what if it's both the Hound & Brienne that take him down? After all Brienne did beat the Hound.....

4. Bookworm616

Good point.

I think it'll have to be more than 1 person bringing The Mountain down.

I like that idea. And even though we didn't check in with The Hound again after he heard the proposal of The Brotherhood Without Banners, I think it's safe to assume he agreed to join them, so you know The Hound and Brienne will meet up again in the North.

I'm super excited to see which characters end up at Winterfell to bring down the White Walkers once and for all.

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Or a fucking dragon. Burn that idiot alive or a group of people shit even a white walker

6. Bookworm616

I do think the dragons will come in handy during the war with the White Walkers but The Mountain is a main character that has been around since season 1. His death can't be one as generic and easy as dragon fire, IMHO.

7. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I didn't think Ned Stark would go out with a bs beheading but hey

8. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

9. Bookworm616

They all can't die in battle. How boring would that be after awhile? But his death was still a public death, witnessed by hundreds.

It wasn't an anonymous death, like dragon fire would be.

10. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

The revelation of Jon Snow's parentage is pretty interesting ie he should be sitting on the throne right now as the Son of John Baratheon and Ned starks sister.
    Ned sending him off to the Nights Watch to keep him safe from the shit storm that Ned could probably see coming, once he had an inkling that his friends children more than likely weren't his.

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

He's actually a Targaryen. Dani's older brother, Rhaegar is his father.

Robert Baratheon would have killed or had Jon killed due to Rhaegar being the man who "stole" his love Lyanna Stark from him and Jon being a threat to his reign as king since he is the rightful heir to the Iron Throne. That's the reason Ned was hiding Jon's true parentage from everyone.

12. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

I enjoy the show but damn it's so hard to keep up with all of the story lines! How do you guys remember this stuff?! I have to watch one episode like 2-3 times to catch everything but then I have to go back and be like what now...

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Be glad that they left out a good many story lines and characters that are in the novels because then you'd be even more lost. You pretty much have to read the novels more than once to catch a lot of the story points because George R.R. Martin is very detail oriented in his story telling and character development.

And never mind all of the back history he injects into the stories to flesh the world out as well.

14. Bookworm616

I'm actually re-watching the series now that I'm up to speed on all of the episodes.

It's amazing what you forget until you re-watch it.

I'll likely re-watch it at least once more before season 7 starts. There's so much you miss when you don't know what to look for.

15. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think I may go back and re-watch each season after it ends. I can't keep up!

16. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

Glad you sorted that one for me, I got confused but remembered Baratheon on the Horse telling Ned Stark how he loved Neds sister.
    But hmm very interesting, I wonder if the Dragon Queen would defer to Jon if she knew, can't really tell with her and Jon is a great candidate for King.

17. Be-you-tiful86

Be-you-tiful86 Well-Known Member

I started watching GOT during the recovery from my surgery in february and have been hooked right away.
    The last 2 episodes of the latest season were bad azz.

18. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

The show keeps upping the ante. Love it!

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Sam Jack Breaks Down Game of Thrones

[YOUTUBE]6N4gEJ_ED98[/YOUTUBE]

20. Bookworm616

I think the last 2 episodes of Season 6 are likely the best 2 episodes of the series, IMHO.

I didn't think they could surpass Battle of the Bastards, but they so did. I was amazed watching them both.

Yes, they do. I can't wait for the next 2 seasons, because even MORE is going to happen. I'm excited but also sad that it's coming to an end soon.