Game of Thrones & GOT Spinoffs

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Max Mosley, May 26, 2011.

1. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Tonight's episode: holy crap. Holy crap. Holy crap.

It is one of the most satisfying episodes of the series and one of the best episodes.

I can see why they sent this episode for Emmy consideration.

Phenomenal episode. Truly amazing. Filmmaking at its finest.

I can't wait to watch it again.

My heart is still pounding. Bloody hell, what an amazing show tonight.

2. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Damn that was EPIC! They continue the tradition of mind blowing 9th episodes.

--spoilers--

Run in a zigzag pattern you idiot!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
  3. Bookworm616

I thought the same thing, though nothing good was going to happen regardless.

[youtube]cC0keDGobck[/youtube]

4. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

SPOILER

And that's why you can't be letting these young boys be out there having sex with grown ass women because as soon as they are no longer able to get it, they're throwing themselves out of windows......

6. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

--Spoilers--

This entire season was more satisfying than the last three combined.

Next season is going to be insane.

7. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Huge Spoilers!

[YOUTUBE]3xaspBsfgRg[/YOUTUBE]

8. Bookworm616

Poor, poor Tommen. He never stood a chance against his crazy mother.

Agreed. Especially the last 2 episodes.

I'm so glad I decided to catch up on Game of Thrones so nothing can be spoiled for me anymore.

What a great show. And the last 2 episodes were such rollercoaster rides. It took me well over an hour after each episode just to calm down again.

I honestly didn't think they'd be able to even come close to the Battle of the Bastards episode, but the season finale was truly epic.

Wow. This show is amazing.

9. Bookworm616

I'm going to go ahead and say, season 6, episodes 9 and 10 are the top 2 episodes of the series.

I'm currently re-watching the series. It's very helpful. I'm catching stuff I didn't think was important before, and familiarizing myself with some of the lesser characters that I couldn't remember.

Before season 7 starts, I'm sure I'll be re-watching the series again. LOL.

The only disappointing thing about the last two episodes, no Hound. He's one of my favorite characters.

10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Early Predictions: Arya will be the one who eventually kills Cersei. The Hound takes out the Zombie Mountain.

11. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Scuse me?
    That red wedding was damn epic (save it book readers)
    4th season with the Viper vs the Mountain was absolutely crazy not to mention Tyerion's speech.

12. The Dark King

Am I the only one who enjoyed episode 8 more?
    That chase seen with Arya was crazy not to mention that last scene with her and the candle that girl is so bad ass.

13. The Dark King

Tommen was weak as fuck he should have had all those assholes heads for kidnapping his wife and mother and then humiliating his mother the way they did.
    He was pathetic reminds of Jessies youngest from TWD. Too weak to survive.

14. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

This season had more than a dozen EPIC moments. And in my opinion, a lot of them were almost (if not better) than the the Red Wedding and The Mountain Vs The Viper.

Look at the this list of epicness

-- A lot of Spoilers--

Jon's resurrection
    The true appearance of the Red Witch
    The Hodor revelation
    The origin of the Nights King
    The long awaited reunion of at least two members of the Stark family
    The return of The Hound
    The return of Benjin Stark
    The death of Rickon 'Straight Line' Stark
    The defeat and death of Ramsay
    Dany's dragon pimp slap of the slave master's fleet
    Arya's throat slitting revenge against the Frays
    Homicidal knife weilding children stabbed Grand Maester Pycelle to death.
    The wildfire massacre at the Sept of Baelor
    The Suicide of Tommen
    The rise of the Queens
    The revelation of Jon Snow's parentage (well half of it at least)
    Jon becoming King In The North

There are a few more, but you get the drift.

15. The Dark King

Argument well made lol

16. Bookworm616

The Red Wedding was epic, but can't surpass season 6, episode 9 in sheer filmmaking.

The 4th season was great. Tyrion's speech was AMAZING - one of the best scenes in the entire series.

I enjoyed The Hound scenes in episode 8, but the Braavos scenes were starting to get a little crazy in the "believability" department, IMHO.

Agreed. Tommen was never Joffrey, so him doing that would have been too against character for him, but it did show that he was weak. He was weak because he was too young.

You forgot about Lyanna Mormont!!!
    And you also forgot Tyrion truly earning The Hand of the Queen. That was such a great scene.

IMHO, you missed two epic storylines: Arya is FINALLY finished with Braavos and Dany is FINALLY coming to take over Westeros. No more Mereen. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Season 6 is also epic because of all of the storylines they set up for the final two seasons:

Varys vs Littlefinger
    Littlefinger vs Stark
    Stark vs Stark
    Lannister vs Lannister or Lannister vs Lannister vs Lannister
    Targeryen vs Stark
    White Walkers vs Westeros
    The Hound vs The Mountain possibly

The next two seasons are going to be truly epic.

Personally, I think it will be Cersei vs Jaime and Tyrion.

As an aside, I'm legit scared about The Mountain. Every time that character goes against anyone else, I get so stressed out. He's an unstoppable force and I worry that there WILL be a Cleganebowl (I'm one that's NOT wanting to see that) and that The Hound is going to get destroyed.

How are they going to kill The Mountain? How?

I do want to see The Hound have a somewhat happy ending and still be alive at the end of the series, and I can't see that happening if there's a Cleganebowl.

As another aside, I'd love a Hound and Arya spinoff series. :smt043:smt043

I'm re-watching the series and I'm in the second season and I am totally an Arya/Gendry shipper now.

17. The Dark King

The Mountain ain't unstoppable the Dornish Prince took him down and he would have died if not for the mad scientist.
    I think one of the dragons will get him when the battle of the Queens is in full swing.

I do miss the Hound and Arya traveling together funny as hell.

18. Bookworm616

Martell had poison on his sword and The Mountain was poisoned and I thought he died after he killed the Dornish Prince. Then Qyburn worked on him for like 3 episodes and I understand it to mean the process of bringing him back changed him. He can't talk and he'sl I've a zombie.

I'm hoping Arya and The Hound meet up again at Winterfell.

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

More than likely he's just harder to kill than a normal person, considering he seemed to somewhat be that way prior to Qyburn getting his hands on him. Clearly he doesn't feel pain anymore and he can probably keep going after taking a hit that would normally be fatal. Since he's basically a zombie, any blows to the head or decapitation would be the most likely way to take him out.

20. Bookworm616

But who will be able to decapitate him? He's ginormous and can rip people's heads off.

His character just scares me and I fear for the character who is tasked to bring him down, which is more than likely The Hound.