Has anyone dealt with any racism or bias on airbnb?

Discussion in 'The International Perspective' started by ThelowlyGentleman, Nov 12, 2016.

1. So my dilemma I have been trying to contact owners at airbnb for possible rentals for my Australia trip next year and I'm not getting any responses, but when I take my photo down I get responses saying that "it's available but I need to put up a photo so they know who they are renting to". I've done that and contact them again and no answer or response. I'm tempted to take a picture with my white friend and put it up so they don't know which person it is writing.

2. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

That's really horrible that you feel that way. And I'm a little shocked that that has happened and you feel you have to hide your true identity. All I can say is if it's a place owned by a make don't even trip I'm sure it's just a jealousy thing lol. Where abouts are you looking If you don't mind me asking?

3. I'm not going to lie it was kind of this disencouraging, I looked in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, I might try a few more times and if it keeps happening I will probably just look into hotels:smt073

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  4. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

5. beccaomecca

That's crazy man. Especially in Sydney and Melbourne. Diversity central. Don't be deterred though. Do keep trying. If all else fails in Brisbane I have a basement hahaha

6. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

That surprised me, too. When I was in Sydney everyone I met couldn't have been nicer.

7. beccaomecca

Yeah absolutely!!! We lurve you guys!

8. Since1980

I noticed! I love Australia. Even all the blokes I met were top blokes.

9. beccaomecca

Hahah! Good! That's nice to hear. :) when we're you here?

10. Since1980

I was there in late March 2013. I was mainly in Sydney but I also got to go to Wollongong, Scarborough, and a few other places in NSW. I loved all of it.

11. beccaomecca

That's really wicked. I enjoy road tripping it to NSW. Such a pretty place with the stunning beaches and country side I got so many amazing shots last time I was there.

12. Since1980

It is so beautiful. This one was right near the Scarborough Hotel:

[​IMG]

I took this one at a lighthouse but I forgot where it was. I think it's in Kiama:

[​IMG]

13. beccaomecca

Love it. You got some nice shots there!! I feel like I've been there too! Did you go to Nimbin?

These are my fav shots I gor earlier thia year dunno if I've already posted them lol so ignore them if you've seen them already.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Since1980

I don't think I ever went to Nimbin. It's on my list if I ever get to go again.

And those pics are amazing. I haven't seen them yet so I'm glad that you posted them!

15. beccaomecca

Haha. I was so hyped to go there. But I legit thought I'd catch some form of disease stepping out the vehicle lol. Looked crazy dirty. I've heard other people love it though I'm sure you will enjoy the experience. I had a cop randomly pull me over and when I told him that I was heading to Nimbin he asked me why I was going there then pointed me in the right direction. Ah officer I'm just going there to roll me the biggest fat spliff then I'm gonna sit back absorb the sun rays LOL

Oh and thank you I was happy that I could get some great shots especially the one with the bird in and the one that looks like the sky is in the water.

16. Are you guys posting these pics to rub it in my face?lol kidding. I went through my airbnb profile to make sure there isn't anything offensive or absurd and couldn't find anything. So I might try again but only to photos with just women. Maybe I will stumble on one that likes us AA. I'll stay in your basement. The basement bed & breakfast lol

17. Since1980

Is weed legal in Australia? That sounds like it would be full-on. It's only semi-legal here and even then only in a few states.

There is so much beautiful scenery there. I couldn't take enough pics.

Morriset Park, NSW
    [​IMG]

Outside the Scarborough Hotel
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Probably my favorite picture I've ever taken. Also at Kiama, NSW
    [​IMG]

18. Since1980

I hope you get a place to stay soon. It really is a once in a lifetime experience. And it cost a...lot of money lol. But it was worth every cent and if I could do it again, I'd be on a plane headed down under in no time.

19. beccaomecca

Hahaha! Urgh... No.. Lol. Don't worry it's just called jealousy lol nothing else. Lol look out for the cougars. Hell yeah you'll stumble across plenty lol. I know that in my particular suburb there's Americans here even AA's when Costco opened they shipped the Americans over lol. Three course meal in the basement. Lol

20. beccaomecca

No. I highly doubt it will ever be legalised. It's only just now being tested for medicinal purposes. I'm sure itll be lengthy process lol. The weirdest shit is that there is actual a police station in the wedding loving suburb of Nimbin. It's illegal and there's a police station lol. Makes no damn sense!!

There really is hey. I thoroughly enjoyed the drive and taking photos. Your photos are so lush! Such vibrant colours. I love the whole American thing of wearing a shirt underneath a polo or button up shirt lol.

Hell yeah it really is expensive hey. I was in heaven in the States with how cheap things are.