Gunman opens fire in NorCal Elementary School; at least 5 dead

Discussion in 'In the News' started by ColiBreh1, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Why do people keep saying the AR-15 is an assault rifle. Or an automatic rifle. It's not.

The 'AR' stands for ArmaLite rifle, after the company that created it in the '50s.

2. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

People call it an assault rifle because it's the semiautomatic version of the M4.

Any rifle that can easily modified to fire automatically is an assault rifle.

The AR-15 is for civilians to have their jonez for the M4, but can't get it.
    There's a reason why it's the gun of choice for mass shooters. it's get the job done, the way it was intended.

The M4 and M16 are built on the same platform as the AR-15.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

It's still a rifle, though. If you ban the AR, you will be banning all rifles. For example, a Ruger mini 14 is a normal, wooden stocked rifle, yet can take detachable magazines. So what exactly do the anti-gunners want?

4. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

And what would be bad about banning all rifles?

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

You against hunting? Eating meat?

6. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

They got these places called BUTCHER SHOPS where the meat is pre-killed for you, no rifle required. WOW!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Feel free to actually answer the question.

8. RicardoCooper

I'm sorry, I thought I had

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

So people shouldn't be allowed to hunt because city meat shops are your preference?

10. Madeleine

People can hunt provided they do a hunting course, get a hunting certification with a hunting rifle license which they have to renew every two years and submit actual proof they have been hunting.

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

What do you consider proof?

12. RicardoCooper

Honestly you're asking the wrong guy, because I don't care about people who hunt. If all hunting rifles disappeared tomorrow, my life would be completely unchanged.

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Need a hunting license for a shotgun too?

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I'm asking you because you engaged my post. If the reasoning wasn't obvious enough.

15. Madeleine

Is that a question?!
    Look, I don't even understand the idea why normal civilians should be allowed to hold weapons. It's a non-issue to me.

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Same reason I have smoke detectors even though every city has a fire department. If someone breaks in my house should I rely on a racist asshole to risk his life to save mine? If I call they would know I'm black by my voice.

17. Madeleine

If the bad guys don't have weapons then your need for self defense decreases as well.
    That's why there should be a weapon monopoly for the armed forces with some strict exceptions for hunting and sport purposes.

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

The genie is already out, too late to close the barn door.

19. Madeleine

Australia put the genie back in the bottle and their gun related deaths have dropped massively in the past 20 years.

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

What about the overall murder rate? Another thing is that we are not completely surrounded by water. How are we supposed to keep illegal guns out which are concealable, when we can't even keep full grown people out that come here illegally?