Good Deeds & Random Acts of Kindness <3

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Bliss, Mar 19, 2013.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

What a story. Never knew about her.

I was watching Jungle Fever the other day after years..And the Italian shopkeeper was telling some of the Italian bigoted customers that in the late 1800's , either two or four Italian brothers in Boston who owned a business were lynched by the klan because they fought for the rights of black workers to work for them. I didn't catch that awful piece of history the first time around.

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Edit: Haha ...l just realized you posted this same story below on the previous page, which l just saw now. :)

Toddler Finally Meets Garbage Men He Idolizes And He Can't Even

By Cameron Keady
    The Huffington Post Posted: 03/25/15

Some things in life are just too good to handle.

[​IMG]

Quincy Kroner had that exact feeling on March 13 when he met his local heroes -- the neighborhood garbage men, Mark Davis and Eddie Washington. The Cincinnati 2-year-old has been fascinated by the garbage truck “since about the age he could walk,” the toddler’s father, Ollie Kroner, told The Huffington Post in an email.
    But this was the first time he met the garbage men in person, and it was all too much for him -- resulting in the adorably priceless photo above.

“He was all smiles as the garbage truck pulled up. I asked him if he wanted to take his [picture] with them, and he gave an eager yes,” Kroner told HuffPost. “But I think his nerves set in when the loud truck was right there in front of us.”

Friday was a long time coming for Quincy. He told his parents that the garbage man always waves to him while he watches them out the window. “We laughed at his imagination, and then we looked out the window and the garbage man was waving!” Kroner says. “I couldn't tell you how long ago it started.”

The 2-year-old is a big fan of vehicles, but especially trucks, which is why he was rewarded with a toy garbage truck after successful potty training. So, after a week of waiting, he was eager to show the garbage men his new toy. So eager, he burst into tears. :mrgreen:

“He calmed down after a few minutes and resumed playing,” Kroner said. “He hasn't had a whole [lot] to say about the experience yet.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  5. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I wouldn't doubt it for one minute.....

[​IMG]

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Shameful. Pure rotten behavior. Heart goes out to the three. :(

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

:freehug:

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Great post!nthis made my day. BTW, that was me that left the anonymous rep, "Great post, b". Hit the wrong button on my screen. ...lol

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Hey, nice surprise there, Samson. :) Appreciate it very much!... I feel like you do on the couple... such Incredible selflessness and generosity shown.

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Waitress Is The Only One Nice To Rude Customer, Then He Leaves Her His Fortune

BY EMERALD PELLOT

No one liked Walter “Buck” Swords at Luby’s restaurant in Brownsville, TX. The 89-year-old WWII veteran was mean.

He was fussy. He made a lot of demands and he even cussed at some of the servers.

There wasn’t anyone who could stand to serve the war hero — anyone but waitress Melina Salazar, that is. She was patient, understanding, and didn’t pay much attention to his mean side.

Instead, she would serve his meals exactly as he preferred, always with a smile, and never huffed or puffed about his requests.

Swords demanded his food be piping hot — so hot he might even burn himself — and still, Salazar always complied.

He would eat there on a regular basis and she would always be his server, since all the others refused.

Then Swords stopped coming. Salazar thought it was peculiar, and one day, she opened the paper and discovered his obituary.

What Salazar didn’t realize was that she was one of the few people to offer the man kindness in the final days of his life.

She only realized this a few days before that Christmas in 2008. In Swords’ will, he left Salazar a $50,000 fortune and a car.

She couldn’t believe it.

Salazar knows that customers can be difficult sometimes, but you never know what they’re going through. She wants other servers to know that service with a smile is always the best route because it could be the only kindness in that person’s life at the time.

12. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

Wow. This is a very sweet story. And exactly why people shouldn't judge.

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Love this guy <3 ..

Ma'am, you look like you're having a bad day. Can I give you a hug?'

The moment a quick-thinking bus driver pulls over to talk down a suicidal woman from jumping off a bridge

[​IMG]

By James Gordon
    02 Mar 2017

• Damone Hudson from Dayton, Ohio was on his regular bus route when he noticed a woman on the wrong side of the safety rail
    • He pulled his bus over and got out to try and convince the woman to step back
    • Damone ended up remaining with the woman until the police showed up and took the woman to safety
    An Ohio bus driver ended up making a stop that saved a suicidal woman's life.

Driver Damone Hudson was crossing the Main Street Bridge that spans the Great Miami River in downtown Dayton when he noticed a woman standing on the other side of the rail.

[​IMG]

Surveillance footage shows him pulling his bus over to the side of the road before opening the door and urging the woman to step back from the ledge.

'Why don't we come back over on the side of the rail? ... Hey miss, why don't we come back on this side of the rail for me?' Damone said, before getting off his bus.

[​IMG]

He then said: 'Ma'am, you look like you're having a bad day, you know. Can I give you a hug?'

[​IMG]
    Hudson carried on trying to assure the woman before police turned up.

When cops arrived she stood back from the ledge, and Hudson carried on with his route.

[​IMG]

Hudson has been branded a hero.

'Everyone's going through something. Even if you are, just reach out and try to touch someone, even if it's in a small way,' he said to Fox 45.

He said that he did everything in his power to make the woman step back over the safety rail.

The video didn't capture what else the brave bus driver said to the woman after he stepped outside.

The bus driver has been complimented by his superiors on his quick-thinking.

'He's one of the best bus drivers we have,' said Jason Allen of Dayton's RTA to Fox 45.

After police came, Damone continued on his bus route and drove off, but the entire experience has had quite the profound effect on him.

[​IMG]

'I know that every person's struggle is different and everybody's going through something, but you always want to continue,' he said to WHIO.

'Life is a roller coaster, right? You to up, you're going to come down. But you've got to think "I'm going back up" and hopefully it's going up for her now.'

To see the video..
    /amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4273822/amp/Driver-pulls-bus-stop-woman-jumping-bridge.html

14. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 31, 2022
  16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

LOVE THiS...

"If anyone recognizes this man in the orange shirt, you walk up to him and shake his hand. He doesn't seem like the the bragging type so I'll brag for him.

While working out at Planet Fitness in Pascagoula a special needs man constantly approached him about 10 different times in a 45 minute time span with handshakes, hugs, questions, and interactions.

Not only did this man smile, laugh, give him workout advice multiple times, and joke back with him while getting in his own workout but he didn't care who was watching while doing it. His patience, compassion, and friendliness was next level admirable.

Towards the end of the workout the special needs man approached me and pointed to the man in the orange shirt and said 'that's my friend' with a huge smile on his face.

The pics aren't the best but they were the best creeper pics I could take at the time and this guy deserves recognition. The world needs more people like this man in the orange shirt, well done sir."

Credit: Ricky Derouen

FB_IMG_1661959554284.jpg

FB_IMG_1661959559493.jpg

Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
  17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

18. beccaomecca

nawwwww this is just beautiful, so heart warming.

19. 2legit

2legit Active Member

so true.;)

20. beccaomecca

so much so :) I’m considering becoming a disability support worker I think it’d be a rewarding job. The money is crazy over here because there’s a shortage in the industry.