GIRLS RISING

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Bliss, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I keep seeing this advertized everywhere... Lot's of stars narrating this, too.
    Love it.

[​IMG]

The movie tells the stories of nine girls from different parts of the world who face arranged marriages,
    child slavery, and other heartbreaking injustices. Despite these obstacles, the brave girls offer hope and inspiration.
    By getting an education, they're able to break barriers and create change

Here is the amazing Trailer...

[HDYT]BJsvklXhYaE[/HDYT]

http://girlrising.com/see-the-film/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I have not seent that documentary but,I heard of the movement. I saw a similar poster when I was in Canada years back.

3. Alinoa

Alinoa New Member

I've seen this on CNN. It is flat out awe inspiring.

Every small girl should see it.
    Everyone should see this, really.

4. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

Soooooo seeking this out blissimo, thank you

5. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

SO true!

6. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I never understand why some cultures treat their girls so badly. I'm glad to see things being done to correct the problem.

7. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I recall back in 1987, I met a young East Indian girl. She was very pretty and friendly. She and I met as volunteers in a hospital during a nursing shortage. She was 15. I was 21 at the time. She told me that she was in an arranged marriage. Her parents were instrumental in the arrangement. She wasn't too thrilled about it but she was honoring her parents. The custom of arranged marriages is in most cultures. Actor Paul Hogan(Crocodile Dundee), was married when he was born to a baby girl born in the same town as he was(before he fell in love with and married Linda Koslowski, his co-star) in Australia.

8. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

What are you talking about? Paul and Noelene were married for nearly 30 years and married twice

9. Black DeNiro

Black DeNiro Well-Known Member

Glad to see the injustice females face all over the world finally being talked about.

The beautiful Malala Yousafzai celebrated her 16th birthday on the world stage at the United Nations today. What an impressive young lady she is. A true leader in every sense of the word.

[YOUTUBE]5SClmL43dTo[/YOUTUBE]

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Awed...

BD, this was a truly amazing video!
    When I first noticed the women listening crying to her impassioned speech, I didn't realize I'd be joining them.
    I felt like I was watching future history here... she will become President/Prim Minister one day.

It's like, when the Taliban killed her classmates and put a bullet in her 16 yr old brain to silence her remarkableness, she came back smarter...and stronger...than ever!

One of the most beautiful parts was when she praised Mohamed, Jesus, Buddha... AND also Martin Luther King and Nelson Mandela. Just WOW. She had the UN World leaders up on their feet!

I see why she inspired 'GIRLS RISING"!

Every one on the planet should watch her brilliant speech... you can not be the same person after it. :heart:

11. FG

FG Well-Known Member

I saw this yesterday and she. Is. Glorious. 16 years and speaks like that, in front of gazillion people. Watch. This girl is going places.

I love her!

12. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

When it was revealed that Paul Hogan was going to marry Linda Koslowski, Paul simply said that he fell in love with another woman. The media interviewed Noelene and she said she had met Linda and they sort of got along. I didn't know how long they were married. I didn't know they were twice married.

13. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

She is a true hero. Taking a stand as she did under those circumstances took real courage. A model for girls and people everywhere.

14. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Its a damn shame in this world, young women gets shot, blown up and poisoned for going to school.

15. Black DeNiro

:smt045Yes she is.

16. Black DeNiro

Well said B. I agree with you 100%. This 16yo girl is destined to do big things in her time here on earth. I only hope im around long enough to witness all the greatness she has to give to this world.