Ghetto Ass Names

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by satyr, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

:smt043

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

We may not always like that little fear mongering fuck but when dude is on point he's deadly accurate

3. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

The African identity isn't quite as lost as much as being "restructured." There's no way for any of us to really get in touch with African roots anymore because it's foreign to many. Hell, even African cultures were reshaped through European occupancy, so many of their cultures and traditions have deteriorated and are now just small remnants of the past.

I mean come on, religion being one of the many things that's fundamentally lost in modern African "tradition."

We're Americans in the end, so you're right that people would have to create their own brand of black American culture. After all, the names are American since they originated from the very country they live in. Sadly, many idiots won't take this into account because they are too fixated with the names being too "new" to them.

Tradition isn't infinite. There has to be an origin and I'm sure many of the so-called rich names of old were considered unusual at the time. But don't remind the simpletons of that. They'll just dismiss it like they dismiss reality.

4. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

Cut that fear mongering shit out dude.

You sound like Bill O'reilly's weak ass.

5. The Dark King

No I call people like you out for what they're doing in hopes of changed strategy. How can anything get better if you keep delivering information in a way that gets you dismissed as a nut or ensue panic. Nothing changes it just causes fear so then what's the point of the information. Just venting bro?

6. flaminghetero

You have a fucked-up name don't you D'quantrellis???:smt043

You'll never be american fool...THAT is reality.:smt006

An illegal with a fake SS# and a one way ticket from Nuevo Laredo ....will be accepted and treated better than you in 4 minutes than you can in 400 years.

African culture IS STILL THERE.

It can easilly be reestablished as simply as getting to know Africans here.

7. Morning Star

Nope. My first name is of German, Greek, Hebrew and Nordic origin, whereas my surname is of English/Germanic origin. So you're free to take as many guesses as you like. But looking at you, perhaps you have one of those funny names that I'm vehemently defending because your lack of tact is just too vile and ignorant.

Also, you ALLOW others to dictate what you are and what you're not. Don't put me in that little tin foiled bubble of yours because YOU feel that you're out of place in America. As long as I'm born on this soil, I'll remain as such and I won't be one of those weak people who like to play the woe-is-me attitude. You, on the other hand, it's a different story.

Your ridiculous fanatical racism and overly paranoid tactics just makes you look more like someone who don't want to belong anywhere and would rather maintain himself as the problem.

And lastly, African culture 400 years ago isn't the same as it is currently. Every African country, save for the tribal areas, lost a great deal of their culture that they once knew in order to adapt to a more civilized, structured society. Every fucking time I hear a black-American claim they just need to go to Africa to retrace their root, I want to scream in horror and laugh at the same time. Africa still holds Western influences and that's a fact, so spare me your lies and bullshit. You have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

8. flaminghetero

I just believe in telling it like it is...fuck the sugar-coating.

9. The Dark King

Truth without purpose is just egotistical. If the aim is to educate in order to help great but thats not what a lot of people do. They desperately want to be the smartest person in the room by belittling others.
    I was with sixty year old parents this weekend who are avid church goers and listening to them talk about their faith in some regards sounds ridiculous but me trying to "educate" them would f2f o nothing other than feed my ego to feel right. Making them panic about the existence of God at this point with no other alternative than the dark nothingness void of atheism would be fucking cruel. So realize your truth has power use it respectfully and wisely.

10. flaminghetero

I was right...you got a fucked up name.

"German, Greek, Hebrew and Nordic origin":smt043

WOW...

Talk about crazy..

Mexico isn't the same country it was 400 years ago but you'll NEVER hear a person of mexican decent claim they can't re-establish their own culture.

African culture is still alive and well just as German, Greek, Hebrew and Nordic are still alive and well.

Even moreso.

11. Morning Star

Then you are one ignorant motherfucker if that's your conclusion of what my name is. That also displays your character that you're willing to keep yourself in the dark and not even bother to understand a damned thing. I guess it would have been easier if I said "European". After all, with your primitive brain, I'm sure it would have been easier to process, eh Bubba Hotep?

Also, you're comparing apples to oranges. Yes, Mexico's culture has changed, or rather evolved with the times, but unlike many countries in Africa, many of their traditions remain incredibly strong and there are still areas being preserved through government orders. You don't get that with any of the countries in Africa. It's all self-protected, but hardly supported by any government funding.

Try again. I would never think ghettoisms of this nature would be so strong in a so-called "educated black man" such as yourself.

12. GQ Brotha

GQ Brotha New Member

How can anyway not remember the ultimate in ghetto name and behavior."Sharkeisha"

[HDYT]yc3A0AwT8Fg[/HDYT]

13. 1449225

1449225 Well-Known Member

:smt043 every thread on wwbm turns into a pissing contest. It could be a discussion about 'what's your favorite cereal' and it would be 10 pages of arguing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

I think Bliss brought her upna few pages back

15. GQ Brotha

GQ Brotha New Member

LOL, that's why I just ignore that stuff, or else you will be arguing all day and night frankly.

Ah, okay, entered that ghetto name into the search box for the thread but didn't see anything show up, so figured it wasn't mentioned, but Bliss may have done so after all.

16. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

^^ He gets it.

17. EatYourBooks

EatYourBooks New Member

New World names aren't limited to black people - Corruption of names has been around a very long time. This is one of the way languages evolve. Common names, like Elizabeth, are leagues apart from their origins.

There was a particularly odd trend in the 1800s when it came to names. People would name their children the names of particularly important-sounding titles: Doctor, Judge, Major, etc. We still occasionally see it today, but less commonly with professions and more with royal titles like Queen, King, and Prince. In a hundred year period, you can't really judge if a pattern of naming, like the new wave of African American names, have any real staying power. Sometimes naming patterns reemerge after three or four generations (like Ruby and Emma), but again, we'll just have to wait before we can make any real conclusions about what that name reflects.

Oddly enough, if I google my own name, a black male college football player pops up. I don't think it sounds particularly "black," but what the hell do I know?

18. LA

LA Well-Known Member

lol I posted it weeks ago in this thread.

19. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

How do you say Sharkeisha anyway

Shark-esha

or Shar-ke-shah

Neither one rolls off the tongue nicely, mehh.

Plus 10 letters in a name for a child to learn, that's torture and very unfair, Bob or Sue would have them outperforming other children in pre- school,

"Look Mum I spelt my name" sounds much more impressive than
    "I spelt 3 letters of my name and have 7 to go yet."

I have an 8 letter name and in primary school, they used to call the dinner line in by how many letters were in your name.
    Being at the back with the PH Christopher's was no fun:(

20. whikle

whikle Well-Known Member

lol. I have 10 letters in my first name - I never remembering it being a big deal.. but then, I was an overachieving little shit :smt061