General is demoted for being a swinger

Discussion in 'In the News' started by goodlove8, Dec 25, 2016.

1. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usat...58/?client=ms-android-att-usms-android-att-us

Army demotes 'swinging general' after investigation into affairs, lifestyle

Excerpt from the article.....

WASHINGTON — The Army has stripped Maj. Gen. David Haight of three ranks, Army Secretary Eric Fanning said Friday, following revelations contained in documents and interviews of Haight's decade-long extramarital affair and “swinger lifestyle.

2. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

Not surprising. Adultery is a crime per the UCMJ, and it's stupid to be doing that kind of shady shit when you have a security clearance general or not.

3. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

The Army needs to mind its business.
    What's major general Haight's current rank status???

4. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

He never learned from former Gen. Petreyous.

5. Soulthinker

Correction:petraeus.

6. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

This!

7. Soulthinker

Petraeus.

8. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Three ranks? God damn!

9. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

True

10. Frederick

No. They don't. Adultery is actually illegal for active duty military.

Even if it wasn't, he was using his military issue phone to carry on the affair. That's unprofessional and fucking stupid.

He's a general, but they're about to bust him down to lieutenant colonel.

11. K

K Well-Known Member

you must be joking. I would bet that a large number of swingers have security clearances.

12. Frederick

Yeah, they hit him hard.

He lost a third of his pension and probably won't be getting one of those cushy defense contractor jobs that retired flag officers usually get hooked up with.

13. Frederick

Yeah, I know that a lot of people have clearances, but not many have the same level of clearance that an O-8 does.

14. K

K Well-Known Member

right....it's crazy that they are using their govt cells. I read the story and one was using their govt credit card at a strip club too. When they are doing things like that, they are looking to get busted.

You have to wonder a bit if it's really "adultery" if it's an open marriage/swinging situation.

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Right! I heard of loosing 2 but 3??? Major General to Lieutenant Colonel? Holy Shit!! They just stuck a fork in him!

16. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Probably. They just haven't been caught. General officers are just like CEOs n shit. Doing a LOT of shady shit behind the scenes. Plus, people of all ranks have clearances but me being a swinger with a clearance (no name sergeant) is nowhere near as big a security risk as a general.

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Using a government credit card at a Strip Club is sooo stupid.....That's begging for trouble

18. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Yeah, he'll find something but not a baller ass job. He's not getting a dishonorable and his knowledgeability is too valuable. They'll just stuff his ass at the back of the office somewhere.

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

That's exactly what they are doing! LOL

20. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

This . he could have been easily caught up in some serious stuff.