Flint water is full if lead

Discussion in 'In the News' started by goodlove, Jan 19, 2016.

1. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Ches, I know you mean well. But that is a big deal when you understand how hard Detroit is fighting to make a comeback against almost insurmountable odds. See, whenever something bad happens in the suburbs, it's reported as Detroit and it makes the city look that much worse national.

I was just back there in November. Haven't been there since I left in 07'. It's incredible to see the changes that are happening downtown. Plus, some of the surrounding neighborhoods are really starting to come up.

I hate to see it unnecessarily bashed.

2. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I understand, but most of us know what the title should've said. Any bashing wasn't deliberate.

3. goodlove

goodlove New Member

This thread will not hinder detriots effort to make a comeback. I think you guys don't need my help to fuck shit up. You have your governor to thank.

As it has been said..."don't murder a man committing suicide"

4. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Exactly . it was a mistake.

As a matter of fact.., I would like to see how me posting this thread was bashing detriot

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  5. samson1701

You're right. Bashing was a poor choice of words on my part. Goodlove seems to be a decent guy and I don't think he met anything bad by it. He was just unknowingly making the same mistake a lot of people do.

It's just hard to not call it out when I see it. I'm not actually from the city. I'm from a little town just outside of Detroit called, Inkster. But, my roots run deep in the, "D." Almost every family member I have left lives there. Detroit is where I hung out and spent summers. My father is there now organizing, trying to help make sure that with all of new investment in the city, that Detroit retains its water rights and not let the state take them. And, he's also trying make sure the neighborhoods get a bit of that investment money as well.

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I know right.
    Btw, my next thread will be titled, "Lancaster, PA's Murder Rate Hit 270 in 2015". :rolleyes:

7. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Its all good . one love...one love

Group hug

[​IMG]

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

9. goodlove

goodlove New Member

She fail to look at the time stamp. I requested to change the "if" to "of" before people started posting or at least before they noticed the Detroit mistake .

10. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

So does anyone know of anyway we can help the people of Flint in the meantime?

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

So curiously, when did YOU notice "Detroit"?
    because clearly your post to Webbie indicates that you perused your header and noticed "if" instead of "of".

12. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

There have to be tons of Clean Water Act violations, but those don't help people right now. The smartest move would be to reconnect Flint and other surrounding municipalities to Detroit's water infrastructure and stop moves to privatize it and sell it off to pay Detroit's public debts. I'm not clear how long reconnecting it would take. I wonder if there is a fund set up to donate money for bottled water for residents immediately?

13. samson1701

14. K

K Well-Known Member

there are quite a few charities that are bringing in bottled water.....if you do a web search you will find them

15. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads-up.

16. samson1701

Center for Hope, 901 Chippewa Street, Flint, MI 48503

This is the one I know that is on the ground giving people water and they've been doing it before the media picked up on the story.

17. The Dark King

Yeah but I'm wary of that so that's why I ask people I know to direct me. I trust individual experience at this point.

18. The Dark King

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Won't happen. Bill Clinton did a similar thing when he was Governor of AK, with Tyson Foods contaminating the water supply, which is why Hillary Clinton better watch her "outrage", since her husband did the exact same thing and didn't go to jail.

It took Clinton 17 months of being notified of the situation by state health inspectors for him to declare it a “disaster emergency” and get the people in the town connected to a city water supply.

There was another water contamination last year in one of the States, and the Governor had to take a sip from the river to prove they finally got it to safe levels. What is happening in Flint is unfortunately just the most recent.

20. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Yes, but Barack Obama does not have to watch his "outrage". He is squeaky clean in comparison to snyder and the clintons. Mind you, only one of those two are involved in this. People have already resigned. The federal government has been taking shots and opened an investigation. It really helps when you have fresh blood and none of this old time politicians unlike the clintons, trump, sanders and so on. They care more about the dollar than the citizen. Sickening.