Flint water is full if lead

Discussion in 'In the News' started by goodlove, Jan 19, 2016.

1. goodlove

goodlove New Member

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/michigan-governor-fires-back-at-democrats-on-flint-criticism/

Yeah, to cut costs the governor tainted the water.
    The Democrats are pouncing. Read the article. Here's an excerpt......

The city began experiencing problems in spring of 2014 after switching its water supply to the Flint River to save money. The corrosive water stripped lead from pipes, elevating levels in drinking and bathing water. The city's children were found to have high levels of lead in their blood, and city officials declared a public health emergency in October.

2. RedheadMama

RedheadMama Member

I live in Northern Michigan, and the whole situation makes me sick. :( This is now 2016, and problems have been going on since 2014. Anyone that has spent time in Flint, or seen the Flint River should know that it was not a good idea from the start. To be a state surrounded by fresh water, literally, everywhere and to have this happen. It's heartbreaking and unfortunately anything that is done from here on out will not be enough because the damage is irreversible. I can't even imagine paying a water bill (not cheap, either) every month, and come to find out you're being poisoned. It makes me sick, and my heart aches to anyone affected by it.

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

And no one is going to jail for this shit?
    Figure out who's in charge and vote them out. Seek criminal charges this is beyond disgusting. It's because it's poor kids no other reason.

4. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Didn't they have the National Guard bringing in bottled water? It's really bad when the situation warrants that.

5. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

This is disgusting.

The governor and everyone else involved in this decision should be arrested.

6. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

That would require intelligent people to do that that live in the city. It is difficult to show mal intent when they were trying to save money and didn't know this was going to happen.

7. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Dude, you need to change this title. This isn't Detroit, it's Flint. Flint is a good 45 mins Northwest of Detroit. Detroit has good water as far as I know. And they wouldn't even be in this position had they not been disconnected from the Detroit water supply.

I'm from the area and I hate it when Detroit gets blamed for stuff that happens in other cities in the state. Detroit's trying to come back. It doesn't need any un-warranted bad press or information

8. goodlove

goodlove New Member

OK.

9. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

Deplorable. Every law maker in a position to make that ill fated decision should be locked up. It amazes me the stuff people in powerful positions do to either cut costs to save money to make themselves look good or make more money doing grimey shit. The end result rarely ever has an effect on anyone they love or care about.

And yes, the fact there is so much fresh water available around them is is absolutely incredible. What a disservice to the people of Flint, Mi.

10. goodlove

goodlove New Member

To me they should be arrested and convicted for attempted murder or at the least negligence.

11. The Dark King

And that's the main point righr there it doesn't touch them or their loved ones. Disgusting

12. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

The Governor (a conservative of course) did an emergency take over and put his man in charge. Together, they did this. All to save $100 a day.

I used to own property there and that city can't afford all the law suits that will follow this tragedy. And, you know the Govenor is going to find a away to blame the city so the state doesn't have to cough up any money.

13. The Dark King

It's amazing these people can sleep at night.
    True sociopaths

14. RestlessRita

RestlessRita Well-Known Member

I agree. No consciouses at all. This is unacceptable. Now they're dealing with the situation. It's been going on for two years. Children have already been poisoned. How do you FIX that??

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Well stated.

Samson is right. Did you let Webbie know? I mean, we just briefly discussed this FLINT situation in the Political Humor thread...How do you then call out Detroit?

16. K

K Well-Known Member

He posted something in this thread: http://www.whitewomenblackmen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8695&page=9

But he asked to change "if" to "of" instead of changing Detroit to FLINT.

17. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

The Guv had his State of the State address today. A lot of BS in my opinion.

18. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Oy vey. The guy posts hundreds of threads and everybody gets their panties in a twist because he messed up the title of one? Smh.

19. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I know Flint is the city in the news on this subject right now, but Detroit won't have much clean water infrastructure left either, once they're done privatizing and asset-stripping.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  20. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Lol

I know right. I got about 500 threads created... ...

Ill wait for the whiners to equal the effort.

Like i said I don't have a fuck to give. Lol

Lol