Feminism and Misandry in Today's Society...

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by luvattractivewomen, Oct 14, 2012.

1. luvattractivewomen

luvattractivewomen New Member

Child Support, Feminism, and Misandry in Today's Society...

Any Opinions?

Feminism is defined as:
    1: the theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes
    2: organized activity on behalf of women's rights and interests

Misandry is defined as:
    1: a hatred of men.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Bottom line is women dont have societal obligations to men. Men have all the obligation

3. luvattractivewomen

luvattractivewomen New Member

Elaborate please...

4. Alinoa

Alinoa New Member

Yes please...elaborate...

Before I go off half cocked (as my lama likes to say)..

5. Alinoa

Alinoa New Member

6. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I'm all for true equality and I applaud the strides women have made. But the issue I have about feminism, is how it has caused a bit of a snap back effect on men.

The original intentions for feminism was to give women a support system and to gain equality in our society. But modern feminism has gone about making their gains the wrong way. Modern feminism is excludatory of men and demonizing of masculine behavior. It is very important for women to empower each other, but they shouldn't denigrate males in order to achieve that goal.

7. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

You think feminism and misandry are connected and exclusive? :confused:

How do you feel about affirmative action?? That is the same complaint that people make of it......that if you give someone a leg up based on race you might exclude a more qualified candidate who doesn't have protections.

8. JordanC

[YOUTUBE]MA8qAyvF3NM[/YOUTUBE]

9. The Dark King

Affirmative was actually created specifically for ww trying to enter the work force. Good try though.

10. JordanC

Also why does the title contain child support. That is for men or women who have custody. I have reported this thread as inflammatory. You appear to want to degrade women not have diaglog.

11. The Dark King

This video doesnt apply to African American men

12. justmel

justmel New Member

In a truly equal system, men and women are given equal opportunities and equal pay for such things as job, work experience etc. The reality is that still in 2012 that does not happen.

I will go on to say while I am pro-female, I an also not anti-male. I also think that the time when women automatically got custody, child support, and alimony are about to end. Point in case, Usher recently got custody of his children. Just an observation

13. The Dark King

Women actually do get equal pay its just when do things by averages instead of case by case it looks like women aren't getting paid as much.
    Men are more likely to take high risk jobs like logging and oil drilling which are high risk but pay more. Women also more often than not decide to leave he eork force or work part time to have kids which decreases their average pay as well. Lastly look at it from this perspective corporations are all about the bottom line and if they could hire mpre women who infact take 71% of what men get paid then they would makd 29% more per year. So women getting paid less really is a myth

14. justmel

justmel New Member

TDK, I would argue that there are still "good ole boys" mentality in this part of the country. Women are often overlooked for raises based on the fact that they are women have kids etc. Things that should not ever enter into consideration.

I also feel that men are encouraged to be more assertive and therefore get further in some life situations. Just a thought...

15. The Dark King

To be fair theres no way to really measure that but like I said consider how a busoness runs. Its all about money if you could hire someone for cheaper to do the same work most employers would do that. As far as women no being assertive it may come down to certain fields. I havent met a female lawyer doctor or engineer who wasnt asertive as all hell but I guess its possible in lower paying jobs but most low paying jobs attract people who rarely fight for more since employment is so scarce. I guess it also depends on where you live. Here in NY companies are so afraid of litigation they wouldnt dare discriminate at least not in a way they could get caught. But I do see your point.

16. TheHuntress

TheHuntress Well-Known Member

A myth? Do some effin research. FFS.

17. The Dark King

I did and gave reasons as to why its a myth. So your claim is a hiring manager sees a woman and thinks ok let me lpw ball this chick she'll take it. Use common sense I know you have some. If that were the case then why hire men at all. Its much cheaper to hire women right?

18. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

You're being fairly disingenuous in this subject matter. It's true that that there are more women in the workforce and entering into high profile positions compared to their male counterpart, however, there are some underlying truths that people seemingly overlook and I'll only give out the most basic premise:

• Women applying for the same position as a man would get paid less than their male counterpart.
    • When it comes to expenditures, women's clothing and products are generally more expensive than men's clothing with the same amount of fabric percentage.

These are just two examples to show there that there is still income inequality in the country. Sure, we could argue that "Ladies Night" sales offset the prices, but even with that, women still pay more for the very things as a man.

Click the link regarding the gap between the sexes: Gap remains between the sexes when it comes to income

19. The Dark King

Fam your article supports my assertions on ever point. Women are earning more than they did in the past because they are not having children or are having them later in life so they spend more time in the work force. There is also an encouragement for women to enter fields that are higher paying which they were not doing before. And BBW what the hell does clothing price have to do with income. That was a Mikey argument.

20. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

You're missing the point and no I didn't pull a Mikey. As I said, women earn less than men when it comes to the same position, and at the same time, they also pay more. All that factors into financial inequality. Women are generally paying more into merchanise, insurance, and yet they aren't getting as much out of it as men.

That's not a Mikey moment...that's fact and consistent.