Favorite TV Series Lines/Quotes

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, May 10, 2017.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Since we have one for movies, it's only right we have one for TV Series. I'm quite sure there are various lines from shows that someone enjoyed or stuck a cord on some level.

I'll start this off with a quote from a brand new show.

American Gods

Mr. Nancy/Anansi the Spider God: (speaking to a cargo hold of captive Africans on their way to America to become slaves)

"Once upon a time, a man got fucked. Now, how's that for a story? Because that's the story of black men in America. Oh, you all don't know you're black yet. Well, let me be the first to tell you that you are all black. The moment these Dutch motherfuckers set foot here and decided that they are white and you get to be black, and that's the nice name that they call you. Let me paint a picture of what's waiting for you on the shore. You arrive in America, land of opportunity, milk and honey and guess what? You all get to be slaves. Split up, sold off and worked to death! The lucky ones get Sunday off to sleep, fuck, make more slaves and all for what? Cotton? Indigo? For a fuckin' purple shirt? The only good news is the tobacco your grandkids are going to farm for free is going to give a shitload of these white motherfuckers cancer. And I ain't even started yet. A hundred years later, you're fucked! A hundred years after that? Fucked! A hundred years after you get free, you still gettin' fucked outta jobs and shot at by police, you see what I'm sayin'?

(pauses to look over the captives for their reactions)

"This guy gets it. I like him. He's gettin' angry. Angry is good. Angry. Gets. Shit. Done."

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

"DAMN DAMN DAMN!" ^^^^
    - Florida Evans, Good Times

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Lol..More from my fav family..

James 'J.J.' Evans, Jr.:
    [Thelma hits J.J] [points] Hey Ma, you see that?

Thelma Evans:
    [mocking J.J] [points] Hey Ma, you see that?

James Evans, Sr.:
    Hey Junior, you see this? [raises fist]

:D

4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Boondocks

Riley Freeman: "
    Look, fuck you, fuck the plane you flew in on, fuck them shoes, fuck those socks with the belt on it, fuck your gay-ass fairy faggot accent, fuck them cheap-ass cigars, fuck your yuck-mouth teeth, fuck your hairpiece, fuck your chocolate, fuck Guy Ritchie, fuck Prince William, fuck the Queen. This is America. My president is black and my Lambo is blue, nigga. Now, get the fuck out my hotel room and if I see you in the street, I'm slappin' the shit out of you."

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Into The Badlands

Quinn: "Fear, it’s the strongest human emotion bred into us for one purpose, to keep us alive. But it can also kill us, if we let it."

The Widow: The appearance of weakness is the greatest advantage."

Sunny: " Every force has its equal. Fear, peace, dark, light… one can’t exist without the other."

Sunny: "Hell isn’t where you go when you die, it’s what you become when everything you love has been taken away."

6. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Black Lightning

Tobias Whale : "Are they singing? (pauses to listen) They are singing! That's why I hate these church going Negroes, always singing and praying, praying and singing! They all want to go to heaven, but don't none of them want to die!'

Tobias White: "Squeeze these darkies 'til they crack!"

Lala: "Damn, boss. You really do hate black people."

Tobias White: "No. I love black people. I hate incompetent, thick-lipped, scratch-where-it-don't-itch Negroes like you. You all keep us acting like newly-freed slaves."

7. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

"Flee, you idiot. You idiot... you fucking idiot." - Tyrion Lannister

lol.