Family Dinner and hidden shame

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Elklodge, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

Was at a family dinner for Easter today. Everything was going well, but I'm currently single and the last 4 women I've dated have been all white. Of course I got some major flack for this after my brother brought his black girlfriend over to meet the family. I felt out of place and my grandmother who I respect dearly called me out for not doing enough to find and date a black woman. I of course am not going to say that I don't generally find myself attracted to black women so I just took it and pretended to comply. It just got me down a bit, I feel like a fraud in my own family over this. Anyone else have a similar feeling at any time? What did you do?

2. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Don't stress. You're family I'm sure still loves you.

Most of us at some point have been checked by friends and family for not dating a BW. That's how it goes.

3. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

I feel sorry for you @Elklodge, you should not have to hide your preferences for your family. :hugs:

4. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

See how we do shit backwards?

That's how non-Black people do their WOMEN.

If you were a sister that wouldn't have happened.

5. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Take some time and be true to yourself, "ridicule is nothing to be scared of" is one of my favorite lyrics, this too shall pass.

6. flaminghetero

You don't see us checking our so-called sisters.

7. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Been there and most recently had to experience my own niece disapproving me dating a white woman. But the good news after her and my gf had a long and mature talk they're cool now. But yeah I do have other family members that continue to be like this. She has some in her family that disapprove of races mixing as well and we will never bring each other around those family members.

8. Reverie

would they be just as negative if one of the women was a serial dater of white men?

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. darkcurry

I had two female cousins of mine that got upset after they found out Halle Berry went back to dating a black man. Smh.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Reverie

Help.

11. Ronniejr

Ronniejr Member

Ofcourse blamed for everything my mother and i dont get along at all. But i gotta go back to base in 3 days i fucked my ankle helpin her and i still get disrespected. So ofcourse my fams don't give a damn about me and over the years i learned to dust myself off wipe my hands clean and move on with my life.

12. Reverie

13. Ronniejr

Ronniejr Member

@Reverie hugs you tighter over screen

14. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

You know whats funny not everyone in my family feels this way but if I let one person know they'd all know by the end of the week. So I have to kinda hide behind everything.

15. K

K Well-Known Member

There are times when I'm really glad that the only family I deal with is my kids.

Life is waaaaaaaaaaay too short for that type of shit!!

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • List
  16. flaminghetero

The KKK might as well let BW join.

17. flaminghetero

Does your family crash down hard on your female cousins for dating IR?

18. darkcurry

They sure enough like to date them and asian girls.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. flaminghetero

Those Asian girls(and their children) will be shunned and treated like the cancers they are...Those BW will be able to blame BM for not slapping those racist dicks out their mouths.LOL

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. mama

mama Well-Known Member

My family don't care who I date. As long as I'm happy they're happy. My grandma even said to me that maybe I should try a woman as I'm not having any luck with men lol.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List