(fake) outrage over Kendall Jenner/#BLM(!!) commercial!!!??

Discussion in 'In the News' started by andreboba, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

A commercial is an investment for the purpose of yielding a rate of return. That's what they were going for.

A commercial can't really be political, because people have different political convictions/values or lack thereof. It doesn't make sense to alienate people who may already be buying the product.

What people say/admit and do are often different things. No surprise there.

Anyway, I didn't direct anything derogatory at you. If you find profanity offensive because you are "grown" then deuces.

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Bro, I was making sure the context wasn't being taken there. I know you have seen my post on here before I curse my damn self. lol.

We disagree with some of this, but we agree on the fake outrage. Just wanted make sure that the clarity of that is known. It is hard to tell online.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  3. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Meh

4. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Devastated....she'll be fine.

5. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I see nothing wrong with the commercial. This is just another example of BW and white liberals expending their political clout on petty shit.

I know this sounds very sexist, but you can tell BLM is led by millennial women.

6. darkcurry

As I said before the thing that is wrong with the commercial was it lacked thought and substance in the social message it was trying to deliver. That's where I don't feel sorry, but
    for people to be coming at her head like this is disgusting I feel bad for this girl right now. They are giving her the Tomi Lauren treatment and it is unwarranted.

7. darkcurry

This is why I hate choosing sides. One of the leaders of BLM is a female Johnetta Elzie and she was on TMZ Live talking about it and I
    can't explain it, but her tone rubbed me the wrong way.

8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

What in the holy hell???
    Black people are going nowhere and fast because we are waay too matriarchal.

"She is pretending to be me" sounds like some grade school rivalry. BLM is quickly becoming a joke. No excuse for this petty pathetic bullshit.

9. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

TMZ also had Deray on:

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Smdh

11. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Millennial women who answer to WM

12. ColiBreh1

LOL @ becoming. They been a joke. Here is a good thread on another forum to browse through where I got put on to how ridiculous BLM is: http://www.thecoli.com/threads/is-blacklivesmatter-leading-nowhere.338413/

13. darkcurry

Yeah you hit the nail right on the head. Matriarchial, entitled, ignorant, but more importantly they are becoming very divisive and I hate to say it, but borderline bigots.

Their message never got to where I hoped they were going when they first started.

14. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

16. ColiBreh1

17. MightyLighty

MightyLighty Well-Known Member

^"
    Once again some dishonest journalists are trying to twist a story with the sole purpose of making sensationalist headlines. Not everything that involves black people and sparks debate has to do with black lives matter. So that picture of BLM blocking an airport or whatever has no relevance to the topic whatsoever.

A black woman journalist asked the guerrilla's producer and cast why the lead actress was Asian when the whole story is about the civil rights movement in the UK and black women were front and centre fighting for their communities' rights.

The producer had no issue featuring black male revolutionaries main characters, yet, black women are largely absent, except for the one black woman character who is working against the movement. Do you believe black men were the only black people fighting for their rights?

An Indian producer would never make a movie about the anti-colonialism fight in India and make the leading female character black. And we all know Indians would have an issue with it.

The erasure of black women from even their own history is the issue here so Freida pinto can stay crying. She was not attacked. She chose to star in a movie about black civil rights activists. She should have been intelligent enough to know such topics raise questions. And legitimate ones too.
    "

https://twitter.com/Karma_Style/status/850684296977416192

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  18. ColiBreh1

[​IMG] You sound like a BW. That is a phrase that Black feminists love to overuse & oversensationlize. The posters who suspect you of being a BW are looking spot on.

19. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I don't see black feminists are notorious for the erasure of the plight of black men when it comes to racially charged misandry. They are also quick to ignore that the strides and sacrifices white women and black men made in racial and gender equality. They often hate on us both while simultaneously pretending that they did most of the leg work, when it was black men being martyred. Miss me with that shit, my guy.

There have been plenty of movies made by black women, for black women that lack a positive black male whether they are based in history or not. And, quite frankly, I have yet to see a 100% historically accurate film, whether it's a biography or based on some true story. Take that faux outrage somewhere else.

Now, the one thing I will agree on is that BLM was not the culprit. But, I don't believe anyone would be surprised if they were. BLM is full of people who only value a black man's life after he has been shot and killed by someone non-black. But, that is a bit off subject.

20. MightyLighty

MightyLighty Well-Known Member

I actually quoted one of the comments from the article, so it's not my words but it sums up the problem with the article. Don't take the bait that these white supremacist like to feed you.

It is quite suspect that Ridley would do this considering the plethora of black British women involved the struggle.

Stella Dadzie
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stella_Dadzie

Olive Morris
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olive_Morris

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017