(fake) outrage over Kendall Jenner/#BLM(!!) commercial!!!??

Discussion in 'In the News' started by andreboba, Apr 5, 2017.

1. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Apparently Black twitter got triggered over Kendall Jenner's Pepsi commercial where the director used imagery and symbolism from street protests to promote Pepsi cola.

First, the ad.

Now, to take you back in time a little bit, a Coke commercial suggesting carbonated soda can promote world peace.

Now, a Coke ad from the SB 2017, I guess telling us that coca cola is the life blood of America, cultural diversity and democracy.

A Micky Ds commercial from the 1990s celebrating Black History Month.smh

And finally a Coca Cola ad publicizing the oppression faced by gays in Russia...but don't worry, Coke can solve the problem.lol

I was also going the Beyonce Formation vid, where she appropriates the imagery of the Black Panthers and the Katrina Hurricane to promote her vid, which trivializes both historic events.

So what's my beef??

I feel like BLM is using this Kendall Jenner ad to control media conversation as if to imply ANY image of a protest is the exclusive copyright of BLM. Forget Occupy Wall Street, [​IMG]
    or anti Trump rallies where there were armed law enforcement lined along the streets to keep the peace.

No, any protest with cops in riot gear is a BLM image, and hell no can any Kardashian use that imagery without first seeking the approval of Black twitter.

IMO this is a bunch of phoney outrage directed at the one family many BW and Black activists hate more than WHite supremacists and dirty cops.

Even this iconic BLM image of a nonviolent Baton Rouge protester arrested by cops is a rip off a similar image from the 1960s antiwar protests.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I just feel like the Pepsi Kendall Jenner protest ad was par for the course in advertising, trying to attach their brand to a young generation of people and a movement.

People are coming after this chick like she was wearing a white hood with a tiny burning cross around her neck.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

The funniest thing is you watch that ad, it has NOTHING specifically to do with BLM.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I think it's the implication people were catching onto. With respect to some of those other ads this one was done more tone deaf and hollywood-ish. It's almost like
    not much though went into it.

4. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

The conservatives think the ad is PC while the left thinks it take less serious the protest movement.

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

It probably was fake outrage directed at the Kardashians. Smh....damn shame. I see nothing offensive about the commercial. When you complain about dumb petty shit, it takes away from the movement.

6. darkcurry

Outrage at Pepsi over a controversial ad but not over its products containing aborted human cells / other harmful chemicals...

Nothing against Kendall, but is she getting a "pass" by those defending her? Even though I don't agree with people being outraged at her (that's a bit much.), the ad itself
    lacked thought, even pepsi admitted that. But I ask because there are reports that she is DEVASTATED and Inconsolable over the ad being taken down.

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Is she getting a pass for what?

8. ColiBreh1

Co-sign. I doubt there would be outrage if it was Beyonce or Rihanna used in the Ad.

9. darkcurry

I know how some black people are quick to defend women if they are dating black men no matter what. If they are dating black men they seem to get a pass.

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I don't even like the Kardashians so you can count on me not defending them. So......what is she getting a pass for? What did she do wrong?

11. darkcurry

Yeah there will. You know by who. There are people out there that get EASILY upset at beyonce over her speaking out against racial injustices.

12. ColiBreh1

Well the outrage we're talking about in this thread is the outrage from Black Twitter/BLM Twitter SJWs/Shea Butter Twitter/Black Liberals. I doubt these folks would be whining if Beyonce or Rihanna was used in the Ad.

13. darkcurry

That. You don't know there are black guys out there that will defend any girl simply because she dates black men? I wrote it before on this thread, but the ad wasn't done with much thought and was tone deaf. Mistake on her part for not seeing that, plus she could of done it solely for the money as the Kardashians do love the color green more than the color black.(lol) But I don't see ignorance as innocence when you are an adult. The outrage as I said is a bit much, but I don't give props for thoughtless things.

14. darkcurry

I don't know about that, they have got on their own before. I know beyonce is treated like she is untouchable, but I thought the same thing about Jim Brown.

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Of course I know some bm will defend a ww simply because of who she dates. That is not the case here if she didn't actually do anything offensive. How is the ad offensive in any way? Tone deaf how?

16. darkcurry

As they said they were trying to project a global message of unity, peace and understanding. It fell flat, because it seemed to hollywood-ish. I'm not saying they
    were trying to be offensive. Ignorance and not putting much thought into a message they wanted to deliver is what I'm tryin to convey on here. So in no way I agree
    with those that are OUTRAGED by this, I'm just observing, comparing all of those ads and asserting. More thought went into those other ads posted on here than this one.

17. darkcurry

LOL!!

Racist are upset as well...

[​IMG]

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

It could have been easily overlooked. I mean who cares really??? There are people that try to project the notion that black people complain for no reason. It doesn't help when people actually do complain about some dumb shit like this. smh. It makes it even worse when the complaining is completely bullshit just because they don't like the fucking Jenners. Purely fucking ridiculous.

Hollywoodish?? It's a fucking commercial, what do you expect???

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Outraged dark skin heaux complaining about a fine-ass Kardashian. What else is new?

20. darkcurry

That's the point you just missed, they were going for a social/political message like they admitted themselves. Not a hollywood one.
    I like Kendall Jenner and I'm admitting that, but just because I like someone doesn't mean I'm going to overlook faults, just like if I didn't like the Jenners or whomever
    I wouldn't let that lead me into outrage.

BTW, If this is going the way of an argument I don't do that. ESPECIALLY ONLINE! I'm to grown, (too old really, lol) to do that, shits for the trolls. if I made myself more clear in this latest post fine, if you still disagree with me that's also fine. But let's leave it in a mature, discussion.