European Standard of Beauty

Discussion in 'Stereotypes and Myths' started by nero, Nov 26, 2016.

1. K

K Well-Known Member

Take responsibility for yourself. Anything we know about you comes from you. You choose to present yourself on here the ways you have. That's your doing, no one else's. Basically all of your posts have been negative....and even moreso negative about men. It's not really the best idea to come into a site and start off with negatives and continue with it and then try to say things against long time members. Maybe it's a better idea to get a feel for the group and see if you gel well or not, and if not....leave.

Funny that you choose to see him as someone who thinks he needs to keep women's self esteem down. If you would have read much of anything, you would know that he's been one to be very complimentary (of big girls too!) of the women on here for the most part. However, he is also one who doesn't have a problem with calling something or someone out too. Usually the smiley or lol or something along those lines is an indicator of someone playing/being sarcastic etc.

It's usually best to choose your battles wisely.

2. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Kisses, Beautiful. Where's that heart emoji when you need it

3. missshyness

missshyness Active Member

Yeah, I don’t get the humor on here, maybe it’s best I go, and people ask where have all the ladies gone, well this is why. Can’t believe some on here defend a guy who thinks it is ok to put women down.

This forum is whack, and dead as one poster put it. I have been on here a while too, but no one sees that.

4. missshyness

missshyness Active Member

And furthermore, I am not negative to men in general believe it or not, but I do respond negatively to guys who are negative or say negative things to me or about women. Ok, so some of the men here have no problems calling people out, well, likewise, I am simply calling a man out here, and for that I get demonized as some kind of man hater who needs therapy. Some here gang up on me because I do not fit into the little clique that has formed on this forum, saying the perfect flirty cutesy comments.

Come on folks, no one here will admit that (some, not all, again emphasizing here, there are unite a few nice fellas here too, I am not talking about them) some of the men here have been quite negative, and I know I am not the only one who feels this way, as it has been commented where have all the women gone? Even a thread was made called sausage fest asking this very question. If anything it is some of the negative guys now and from the past no longer here who have driven a lot of the women away, so hey, maybe the tables have turned a bit, as it is said I am now driving guys away, for speaking my mind. If a guy has some balls and real confidence in himself, not making cocky rude comments (sorry folks, that is not real confidence), my speaking my mind, and not being a simpering and coquettish giggles at all his jokes type of girl with her @#$&s and @#$& hanging out all the time posing for him, will not drive him away.

Any guy who says they have to keep a woman’s self esteem down, it is not funny and I don’t feel it is a good joke either, to me sounds like he is the one who has issues and could use some therapy, and not relationship material. Any real guy with confidence and security will not feel he has to do or say this, to keep some kind of upper hand on women. Yet I am the bad person here for saying this. I do not recall once calling anybody names here, or calling men bad things,while there has been plenty of conflict in other threads I was not in with name calling and such, I have even had guys and gals like reading my stuff, but yet I am the bad one, because I am going against the grain in this instance.

Again, I am fine with any guy, but if I feel he is rude and insensitive, I will get down and negative, and I know other women would too.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  5. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Well...I don't think I'm that girly girl who only ever makes cutesy flirty comments, I'm not that old but am too old for crap like that. That description doesn't match me at all, for anyone who knows me. I don't have any problem with you, I have nothing against you neither have we even ever spoken before. However, I didn't agree with your assessment of what happened. My view of it is, Ricardo is basically a good guy who is even on your side when it comes to the kind of women he likes. He made a joke you didn't like. So I think it would have been sufficient to simply say, hey Ricardo that was a bad joke, I didn't like it, if you feel the need for it. Rather than question intention and integrity, past present and future and turn one comment into some kind of PhD thesis without taking anything else he has ever said into account. That's my well-meaning opinion on it, and I believe such boards as this are basically for everyone to put in their opinion. I'm not saying that to defend Ricardo. I think he's quite capable of that himself. I think you have to try to not let random stuff on the internet get to you like that. If you have your self-esteem people on the internet you don't even know don't have the power to take that away from you.

Oh and btw, I was a member on this forum before you (under a different name). I was here from about 2006-2010. Then I was off for a few years busy with other things. One day I missed this forum and joined again.I don't believe everything was better then and now it's all rotten. People have left, new people have come, that's it. Things change in life.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  6. K

K Well-Known Member

Sounds like a LOT of pent up emotions about all sorts of things getting projected.

I think Madeleine summed it up well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. RicardoCooper

This woman is heavily triggered. I'm the least of her problems

8. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Bruh, he was just clowning. He wasn't being serious.

9. RicardoCooper

Well, THAT happened!

10. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  11. RicardoCooper

Does @missshyness still post on here? I've had her on ignore since last year lol

12. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Yes. I see her post from time-to-time.

13. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Who? Lol