Ellen Pompeo and Chris Ivery

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by Kid Rasta, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Kid Rasta

Kid Rasta Restricted

2. Kid Rasta

Kid Rasta Restricted

Any luv for Ellen???

The Kid Rasta 8)

3. INJERA70

INJERA70 New Member

Damn she is smoking,that brother got his self a fine one.

4. Nellie

Nellie New Member

He looks like he might be Indian or perhaps biracial

5. tuckerreed

tuckerreed New Member

she is lovely and he looks like a family member

6. SardonicGenie

SardonicGenie New Member

I was thinking the same thing.

7. kenny_g

kenny_g New Member

I already got the scoop on him he is black. I think he stated a few years
    ago.

8. nobledruali

nobledruali Well-Known Member

'Anatomy' Star Ellen Pompeo Weds
    [​IMG]

WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 14, 2007 10:15 AM EST UPDATED
    By Stephen M. Silverman and Nicole Weisensee Egan
    Chris Ivery and Ellen Pompeo Photo by: INF

Ellen Pompeo now officially has her own McDreamy: the Grey's Anatomy star and fiancé Chris Ivery married on Friday, her dad confirms to PEOPLE.

"I'm very happy for her," Joseph Pompeo, of Everett, Mass., said Wednesday. "She just didn't want a big thing."

New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg served as a witness at the brief ceremony, which was performed at City Hall in Lower Manhattan by a city clerk, the Boston Globe originally reported.

The connection between the couple and Hizzoner has to do with the fact that the record-producer groom, 38, grew up in Boston, while Bloomberg himself is a native of Medford, Mass., and they have mutual friends. Pompeo, who also turned 38 on Saturday, hails from Everett.

The mayor offered his best wishes to the couple and "a lifetime of happiness."

"We have a lot in common," Pompeo has told PEOPLE of Ivery. "We're from the same hometown, almost."

A Love Story

The couple met in a Los Angeles grocery store in 2003 and began dating about six months later, after "one night she just looked different to me," Ivery told PEOPLE last year.

"They are over the moon," the actress's spokeswoman told the Globe of Pompeo and Ivery.

After the nuptials, the newlyweds reportedly were seen at Sunday night's Knicks game at Madison Square Garden, before the bride returned to Hollywood to continue shooting her series – though it soon threatens to shut down due to the writers' strike

In June, Pompeo had told PEOPLE her wedding would not be a lavish affair, but that it would be held out of town.

"There will be no 'big' anything," she said. "It's going to be very small."

Beyond that, she and Ivery, who became engaged in November, would only say, "We were thinking about going away and getting married."

9. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

I bet Brotherman is sledge-hammerin that good stuff :lol:

10. SmoothDaddy101

SmoothDaddy101 Well-Known Member

Ah.....I wish them a loooooooong happy life togerther and plenty of beautiful mixed kids :lol:

BTW I had read that Isaiah had auditioned for McDreamy. Imagine if that destiny would have been fufilled.

11. kenny_g

kenny_g New Member

Seal & Hiedi kept their nuptials small & unpublicized as well so it looks like they went that route with it. Which is probably a more comfortable way so the media won't bogard them.

12. OmahaBoy2003

OmahaBoy2003 New Member

Here's hoping the new couple will be happy together and here's hoping the haters will leave them alone.

13. Patterson

Patterson New Member

I'm happy for them, and I hope their marriage will last in Hollyweird. 8)

14. JasieS

JasieS New Member

I saw this on the news the other night. Yeah!!!!!!! Even my husband was like "hell yeah" when we saw this. Very cool :!: :D

15. natedogg2772

natedogg2772 New Member

Fantastic! They make a great couple!

16. LaydeezmanCris

LaydeezmanCris New Member

co-sign

17. Howiedoit

Howiedoit Active Member

It's refreshing to see a couple (an interracial couple at that) who look like they are made for each other.

I know a lot of sisters who are steaming over this photo.

18. SmoothDaddy101

SmoothDaddy101 Well-Known Member

Just as there are 'McDreamy' fans who have no concept of reality. Those freaks wish that they were together for real.

19. mike38

mike38 New Member

Congrats to the couple. I don't watch Grey's Anantomy, but this is a real refreshing story. I concur that there will be some angry black women looking at that picture, but that's their problem.

20. JD

JD New Member

It goes both ways...I'm pretty sure some wm will be hating as well.