Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is 'seriously considering' running for President

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Thump, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

He's made a joke about it earlier this year on SNL, Is he still joking or is he serious? Could he win?

2. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

In these times, stranger things have and can happen. I remember seeing Dwayne Johnson onstage with George W. Bush when he won the election on 2000. It was learned that Johnson is a republican but more of a moderate like General Colin Powell. I say that if he is something sincere about it, he should do run for a municipal or state office before running for POTUS. Just my opinion.

3. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

After Trump, why not??

Apparently half the electorate doesn't really care if the POTUS has no qualifications or policy expertise for the job.

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Kanye for VP!

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

We would have get really drastic to pick someone worse than dotard.

How about a 16 year old juvenile delinquent with baby mamas? Actually that just sounds like a younger version of dotard, still not worse.

How about and actual ape.

6. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

There was a time when people actually cared about a presidential candidate's qualifications. They didn't suffer fools. These people expected and demanded that the candidate, if he or she were elected, do the job they were elected to do serve and maintain the public trust and interest.

Now, it's all a mutual admiration society. Everyone wants the power but only to elevate their status.

As it was said by actor Henry Daniel as Lord Wolfingham in the film The Sea Hawk, "We serve others best when we serve ourselves."

7. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

Bad move...have to give up all your movie projects...

He makes about $75 million per year in movies...

Will lose $300 million in one term...

Arnold lost $400 million in 8 years of not making movies
    while he was Governor of California...

8. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

It's a sad day in America when wealth and making money are more valued than serving your country as Commander-in-Chief and leader of the Free World.

Even Trump's kids said that serving as POTUS would be a step down for Donald because of lost revenue from running Trump Inc.

If this country is still around in 100 years, I will be shockingly surprised.

Capitalism>>>>>>>>democracy.

9. LA

LA Well-Known Member

No more celebrities running for President. The joke is on us at this point.

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Just make the whitehouse useful and use it as a warehouse for bourbon and build an autobahn expressway and we're good.