Donald Glover & Michelle White

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by ColiBreh1, Oct 12, 2016.

1. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

2. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Sorry...but bullshit. Hardly any of these men's careers depend on the bank of black women, at least not exclusively. No other men in the world wold allow their women to dictate if they could publicly appear with their mate who happen to be of a different race. If you can't stand for your right to choose who you want to be with than you stand for nothing and deserve to be marginalized. Everywhere I turn I see some black male celeb "joking" about not pissing off black women. When did African American collectively become such cowards?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  3. JamalSpunky

But how is she a hypocrite? Did she pledge loyalty to black men only at some time? If Fishburne started dating a white woman would you be equally as mad at him? I say fuck it. The problem is not that she and other black female celebs do not limit themselves to their own race when it comes to dating, the problem is that increasingly it seems like black male celebs do.

By the way Gina Torrres, Fishburne's ex, is Afro-Latina and Hispanics of African descent are much more open to dating interracially than the typical African American.

4. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

I meant in general not her in particular, sorry

5. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Haven't you noticed black women are increasing rapidly in numbers in the entertainment industry, they are most certainly taking over the black entertainment industry. I have pointed out that with the movie The Mountain Between Us staying a romance between Idris Elba and Kate Winslet that it is smart of them to promote this universally and not anywhere NEAR the black entertainment industry. The black entertainment industry are not too kind to IR featuring bm and ww nowdays. They will call it "erasing black women" and would be able to sabotage it. Donald Glover's show Atlanta is a black show, thus a lot of black women control whether it will be successful or not depending on of course what they feel. Unfortunately if a black man wants to make a name for himself in black entertainment he is going to have just as much of tougher time doing so as he would in the rest of the industry. The white entertainment industry is controlled by white men and the black entertainment industry is starting to be taken over by black women. Black men are losing power in the entertainment industry before they even gained traction. He has to be universal to even get to where Idris is trying to get to now in order to have even a little power and control over their careers. And Idris is also kind of safe because he is british, Donald Glover and Jay Ellis are not.

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

You coming at me hard tonight huh lol
    Other women will not specifically go after men in their own group the way black women will. Black women hold more economic and social standing in our community in contrast their white Asian and Latino counterparts. Black men are removed from the home either through social programs or prison so women become the head of the household in the domestic sphere, we promote support female education while resigning our boys to violence and entertainment so black women attain more education than black men as a result of better education and less likelihood of a criminal record black women hold higher paying jobs dominating the economic sphere as well. So they have the buying power to actually effect the trajectory of black men in entertainment. They essentially need their support in order to succeed in entertainment. Notice how men in sports date whoever the fuck they want unashamed? Their money isn't tied to black female whims where as other dudes like Jesse Williams has to pretty much call them Queens of the universe and it still won't solidify their loyalty if he dares to look at anyone who isn't black.
    White men, Asian men, Latino men never feel the need to praise their women openly because they have actual patriarchies. I have never once in my life seen any other group of women publicly talk shit about their men specifically to the world. Where are all the Chinese and Japanese women screaming their men ain't shit?

7. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

LOL. Have you ever watched EurasianTiger's youtube videos (or read the Hapas subreddit)? According to him, just like Swirlers, Asian women who date/marry WM regularly throw Asian Men under the bus. They also hate AMWW couples. Asian folks business just isn't broadcasted to the world like black folks.

8. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

And that's my point where are the books and panels dispelling any man the way they do black men

9. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

Other races of women can't do that....it's not safe...It's not even in their nature to do so.

Non BW live in patriarchal societies of their OWN making.
    BW live in matriarchal societies of their own making.

What makes a culture/group matriarchal or patriarchal has nothing to do with men....or government programs.

It has everything to do with women.....and their CHILD PREFERENCES.

Non BW have a boy child preference.
    BW have a girl child preference.

If a non BW has to put a child up for adoption,they will consistently keep their boys....
    BW in the same situation will keep their girls.

We are the ONLY race with more boys up for adoption than girls..this is true world-wide.

People that put their boys first are employers.
    People that put their girls first are employees.

Take away all the racism and we will still be last...because...
    Sisterhoods cannot compete with Brotherhoods.

We want our boys to step up to the plate..but we give the bat to our girls.:confused:

10. flaminghetero

They'll never find happiness.

11. flaminghetero

The difference is....Asian woman know what it is like to be shunned...disowned...and out-casted.

BW don't have to worry about any of that.

Those Asians will be dealt with..by their men AND women.

Sisters will land on their big ashy feet and ride off in the sunset on the back of a klansman's horse.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  12. JamalSpunky

Hardly. This is child's play. I've only come at one or two people hard this year. This is just a friendly back-n-forth.

Okay this is gonna be long.

None of what you wrote I disagree with. Plenty of us have had various conversations about these topics over the years. There is nothing in your paragraph above that I am unaware of. Just the other day I too was relaying to someone the same notion that black athletes are almost immune to the whims of black women and even their black male underlings because the white consumer dollar shields them from certain "digressions" (although take note that the Black Loyalty types on social media want the black athletes to create divisions with that white fanbase over the kneeling during the national anthem controversy; are ulterior motives in play here?). But can I ask who are the big current, active black male sports stars who are married or hooked up with a non-black women, particularly white women? There seems to be less of that going on too so its like even the black male athletes are being coerced in some way to fall in line.

Yet, despite all of the excellent points you made that doesn't change my stance. Ultimately you have to live your life. This fucking nation has had an unwritten rule of giving hell to any notion of a black man stepping outside imposed boundaries in terms of affairs of the heart. Black men were killed or at least ruined for daring to have sex and or be in a relationship with a white woman. Even a black guy having a Native American or a Mexican (hispanic) partner was frowned upon and barred under Jim Crow laws. And the media to a large extent has reinforced this mentality that tells black men to stay in their place or that black men aren't desirable enough to woo beautiful non-black women. But you see when the Civil Rights movement came along one smaller change that was to come about with the larger changes of equal rights so far as education, employment, voting and judicial laws were concerned, was the idea that as truly free citizens black people could also choose to cross the color line in terms of race without being harassed or assaulted by a disapproving white majority. Obviously there are still white people in America who are against such unions but they are not allowed to be as open about it as much as in the past. And they are called out by their own as being racists when they harass interracial unions. But you are telling me that after making such big strides to lessen white harassment, black men must fold up shop again because of a rise of black harassment, particularly by black women? Wouldn't that be going backwards? We are living in an era in which gays are refusing to live in or go back to the closet anymore, but black guys who have non-black mates willingly walk themselves into a closet of their own making by hiding the women they chose to be with?

It is 2017. If you can't take a stand on this thing then you are almost as pathetic a human being as the people who harass you over your dating choices. If people come at you you either ignore them and be you or you push back. This is beyond the level of success of your career, this is about your quality of life. Research along with countless real-life examples show whenever you hide something in order to placate the public or your family, you end up doing damage to yourself and to those you may care about. The gay person who was told he had to keep his sexual identity a secret most often ended up marrying a woman he had no true physical desire for. And what was the result? He stayed away from other men and became unhappy in a passionless marriage. Or he slept with other men in secret but was STILL unhappy because he couldn't be upfront with who he was, had to lie to the wife and was stuck in a marriage that gave him no joy. And the wife? Either she never knew the truth but suffered regardless because she wasn't receiving the love from her husband that she wanted and had no idea what had gone wrong. Or she knew and was miserable as she felt she needed to play the part to keep up the ruse, perhaps because by the time she discovered the truth they had already had children. Or maybe she learns in an abrupt fashion after years of thinking she was desirable to her husband from the very beginning. So she becomes a victim too. Another victim could be the gay lover who either accepts that the man he wants will never come out of the closet and has the choice of either moving on from the person he loves or just accepting that unfulfilling status quo as the secret "mistress" for years or decades. And all because of societal pressures that causes an individual to not be truthful about who he is sexually attracted to. Do straight African American men, in particular celebrities, want to put themselves in a similar bind by giving up the fight and allowing others to dictate who they can date out in the open? Because those who are particularly attracted to white women will likely take it out emotionally on their eventual black wives all the while fucking white girls on the side. All this just to keep up appearances.

Who is that guy from "Power"? Omari Hardwick? Two years ago after Black Twitter saw pics of him and his white wife, Black Twitter tore after him. You know what he did? He stood his ground, defended his wife. For that he got some pushback from racist black folk. Got accused of the old trumped up charge of saying something disrespectful about black women. The dude still held his ground. Wasn't about to apologize for his wife, surely wasn't going to put her in witness protection. Didn't go groveling on Oprah Winfrey to ask for forgiveness either for not marrying a black woman. Guess what happened? More people started coming to his defense, including some black women on social media. The media started weighing in on his favor after seeing how wrong those against him had been. He wasn't fired from his show. In fact his series (despite being pure garbage) continued to gain ratings. Imagine that. Now I don't think much of this dude from an acting standpoint but he gets props from me in the guts department. If he can do that surely other people can. Taye Diggs got shit for having a white wife by black bigots but it didn't derail his career either. And this is what I love about black British actors. They haven't been damaged by this bullshit (yet). If they date black women exclusively (Idris Elba, John Boyega) it is because that is who they find attractive, not because the black British community try to knock them over the head that dating outside the race was a sign of betrayal and coon-ery. David Oyelowo doesn't hide his white wife. The year Chiwetel Ejiofor was nominated for 12 Years A Slave he was taking his white, Canadian girlfriend to every awards ceremony and appearing with her on the red carpet. They broke up eventually but the point is when he was with her, he was with her. Also the black Brits aren't the types to stupidly turn down roles or speak out against storylines in which their characters have a white love interest because of some nonsense about how that is sending the wrong message to black women.

Look, Asian women have been dating white guys in large numbers for a long time despite Asian men being pissed off about it. The Asian men were far more economically strong than the women of their community during most of that time, even far greater off to their women than black women are today over black men. And yet the Asian women plowed on ahead and things turned out fine for them. They weren't exactly punished for crossing that color line. Yet grown black men want to cower in the corner so they won't tick off Big Black Mama. If any of you at one time find yourself wondering why black dudes aren't pulling in too many non-black female celebs (other than Kardashians) I want you to think about this conversation. Why would any woman of value want to date a bunch of mentally weak mama boys who don't have the guts to approach them, the balls to stand up for them and the sophistication/intelligence to properly woo someone who doesn't come from their environment?

13. JamalSpunky

But power is not taken away from you as so much as you give it away. Black guys allow themselves to be put in a box and don't notice or object until its too late. For example where are the black male authors/novelists, the young and fresh ones? Don't want to hear about publishing companies in this day and age when you don't necessarily need one to get your work out there.

14. flaminghetero

Come on now.

BM don't come from a culture that invests in them.
    Power is not a conversation we have with our boys.

Our kids barely know who Dr King is.
    Every generation has to learn on it's own...unlike people such as jews that hand-down 'never again' generation to generation.

America sure as hell isn't going to empower us.

We DAMN sure ain't go' empower Black boys.
    Matriarchies are not about empowering Boys.

BM can't learn how power works by osmosis..it has to be taught and instilled in us...like it is with non-BM.

15. darkcurry

Good read. But this is what the power of the black matriarchy has gained to where they can use these tactics. He HAD to stand his ground, I have also seen Derek Luke do the same thing when he was on EMPIRE, but this is my point in the AMERICAN black entertainment industry being a BW's world, BW's rules. We say yet with Idris Elba because he still draws them in and will take black roles, although in his most recent roles he has branched out. Athletes still get flack when dating outside their race, they just wait for something to happen to pounce on these athletes, especially if he starts to get A LOT of media attention. BW are trying their damndest to control that though. I would also want to note that it is also about popularity among these brothas as well. The more popular and attraction a black man gains the more attention they will give to him if he dates outside of his race.

16. darkcurry

Examples gets shown everyday.

"The black man is the most copied man on the planet..."

"The black man is the most feared man in America..."

17. JamalSpunky

Come on, dude. It starts with you. It starts with these discussions, knowing what the situation is, and going out there individually to make change. Don't ever give up THAT power.

18. flaminghetero

Mofos got think tanks dedicated to us.

19. flaminghetero

I can get with that.

20. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member