Do you tip your Uber/Lyft/Taxi drivers?

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by 4north1side2, Apr 20, 2017.

1. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Nope. It seems like everyone want a tip do the job they were hired to do these days, the begging has gotten out of hand.

2. hulkx

hulkx Active Member

I used Uber/Lyft extensively when I was out in Denver recently. Tipped all the time, it felt wrong not to as most looked like they were right off the boat and trying make an honest buck.

3. bilbo

bilbo Active Member

I tip for everything because I am not an asshole.

4. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Haven't used Uber or Lyft. But, I'd tip if I did. I tip almost all service workers. Including my barber.

5. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Aren't we all providing a service no matter what job we are doing? I stopped tipping barbers here a few years ago, they feel entitled to tips while they do ok jobs taking they good ole time on some very unprofessional shit. Because of their shitty service I've been cutting my son's and my hair for the past 2 years.

6. K

K Well-Known Member

I don't do Uber of Lyft. Not sure what I would do.

I'm old school (old too!) and there used to sortof be an unspoken system that we were raised with. You tipped the barber or stylist if they were working for the place, not if they owned the place. You never tipped owners because that was considered disrespectful. Basically it was a matter of you tipped those who were on the clock. And it also used to be that way because those jobs were paid less per hour with the expectation of tips. So, servers were paid less than the typical minimum wage may be because they made tips. I think some states even had specific different guidelines for different jobs.

I remember years ago learning that people on the east coast were tipping for everything and it wasn't really the custom out here. Meaning they would tip many people along the way for a dinner, not just the server (who is expected to tip out/share with the others involved)

7. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

If I have the money, I tip. You really don't have to though. I would prefer that I add the tip through the service because I don't carry currency that often which is why I say if I have the money.

8. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I tend to tip them.

9. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I don't tip drivers unless they go above and beyond. Like last year when I ordered a pizza in a snow storm and the young lady got it to me hot and in a short amount of time. I gave her 10 bucks on a 20 dollar pizza.