Do we really have to fight in a relationship

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by CAkicker, May 19, 2022.

1. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

2. 2legit

2legit Active Member

Couples who are madly in love don't fight because they value and respect each other, so give yourself a pat on the back for ending the relationship you might meet someone better. Good luck.

3. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

When I see fight... I'm thinking of a heated arguement (or worse), and I don't feel these are needed at all. I do feel that it's very important to address problems/disagreements when the arise (or not too long afterward).

4. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

Hell to the no, that’s just exhausting and stressful. I don’t believe that fighting is healthy or natural in a relationship. Bickering yes fair enough every now and again, but full fledged fighting - no. When you master the mind and the feeling of peace anyone disrupting that just isn’t worth it. If y’all respect eachother enough you can peacefully talk it out and understand each others views without the fighting. That’s my personal opinion anyway. I’ve been in a 9 year relationship and probably had four disagreements in that time then I’ve been in 1 year relationship that was full of fighting and hell.

5. fly girl

fly girl Well-Known Member

Really good article. The advice on fighting is what I was going to post. Too many of us were raised on struggle instead of love so when we fight it is about winning at all costs. Fighting can be a part of a happy healthy relationship. But it is an issue for me. I am extremely conflict avoidant.

6. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Disagreement is normal. In the long run seeing everything exactly the same way is unlikely for two different human beings. So there are going to be some debates, maybe even arguments that will hopefully be settled later and compromises be found. „Fighting“ sounds hostile. I don’t think it’s normal to fight all the time in a relationship. It’s good to find constructive ways of conflict resolution and also to have a partner who shares your overall values.