Democratic National Convention

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mikey, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

:/

Black people are religious too why don't we lean to the right? Lmao

2. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

No one said all Hispanic are Mexicans :/

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Because we aren't recent immigrants with religion being our cultural identifier. But those of us who do happen to be conservative that's a big part of it.

4. The Dark King

But when use the term Hispanics and you're talking about immigration issues who are you talking about? INS ain't a huge problem for Puerto Rican Domincans Cubans and other Hispanics from the Caribbean

5. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

Religion isn't our cultural identifier? There's a monument of failure (a black church ) on every corner in the black areas. Fuck outta here with that shit lmao

6. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

I'm talking about ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. I don't give a shit where they are from. As long as there are Americans sitting in jail from crimes they committed then it's not fair for someone to knowingly break the law Come into the country and tell us to change the law cause they don't agree with it. Bullshit.

7. The Dark King

It doesn't guide our political decisions as much as race does. Would you deny that fam?

8. The Dark King

But you guys are saying illegal immigration effects how Hispanics overall vote.

9. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

Because Hispanics are the largest number of illegal immigrants. That is pretty much common knowledge.

10. The Dark King

But you act as if once they make it they are all concerned about others making it here too. I think a lot of people regardless of race are of the mindset once I make it you can close the bridge for all I care I'm here. It's a major reason why everything is so messed up. I think the big mistake is imagining that everyone is homogenous based on race or cultural background. I come from a family of recent immigrants I can say the subject of immigration has never come up not even once, never at the local Jamaican churches we went to, not in the local spots my parents hung out with their friends, I literally can't remember a single time they spoke about it unless maybe we were talking about Mexicans coming in. So like I said it may be a mistake to think they all have this collobarative thought going on. They are probably more concerned about shit that concerns all poor people in this country like job opportunities and housing, not getting in more people that look like them.

11. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

The Civil Rights movement started in the Black church.

Don't ever talk your typical bullshit about name-calling on this forum again, Paniro.

If that's how you sincerely view the role of faith, spirituality and religion in the Black community, there's so much you simply do not understand about being Black in America.

The Black church was the firewall in the 1960s that prevents millions of angry, disaffected Black youth from burning this country down to the ashes.

The GOP has so royally fucked up the Black vote, on PURPOSE, it's beyond laughable.

Culturally, socially and economically, most Black folk are traditionally conservative.

You think how many Black people from my mother's and grand parent's generation thought Republican president Abraham Lincoln was the greatest White man who ever lived, and the GOP pissed all that away with Richard Nixon and the southern strategy.

Now they're doing the same thing with culturally conservative Hispanics.

If the GOP loses 75+ percent of the Hispanic vote, they will NEVER have another Republican POTUS in our lifetimes.

Watch Florida and Texas this coming presidential election.

If those states flip to Democratic blue, the GOP as a major political party is done.

12. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

People forget that Obama actually had to put in work to get the black vote. It wasn't just handed to him. Most of us weren't very aware of him. Plus, we were in the bag for Hilary. The black vote was hers to lose. Barack had to campaign hard to to get our support. We didn't think he could win and he had to overcome that image.

The nontion that Obama had black voters in the bag from jump, just because he was black, is yet another attempt at rightwashing history.

As I told another con-servative buddy of mine; if blacks only supported Obama because he was black, that means we should've came out for every other black politician who's ran for the presidency. But, we didn't. And we didn't for the same reasons we didn't support just any ole' white candidate; we didn't like their policies or think they could be a good president. Period. To think anything else, given the actually history of black voters, is racist in and of Itself (and no, I'm not calling Bliss a racist. She just ain't got no got' dam sense sometimes ...lol).

Sure, there are some blacks who voted for him because of his skin color. Just as there are some whites who voted against him for the very same reason. But, the majority of us voted for him because we grew to like the man and his policies. He won us over.

In many ways, black voters are more sophisticated than white voters. We don't get fooled by that patriotic bullshit as easily. Nor, do we allow our religion to convince us to vote against our own self interest. We tend to be very pragmatic in our political choices. Except for gay marriage, we generu don't care about the rest.

"What will you do for me and mine?" is really the only question we care about.

13. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

obama put in work for the black vote? Lmao

If he had to as you say " put in work for the black vote" then black folks wouldn't have voted for him well over 90 percent. He was a shoe in for the black vote because number 1 he is a democrat and number 2 because he's black.

If you are honestly telling me you feel he had to work for the black vote then .......

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

No, people who don't like Obama and don't think he should have ever been president push that narrative that black people were already on board for him. Same way that they push all the other negative propaganda that has been circulated since he first stepped into the political spotlight in the attempt to de-legitimize him and his presidency.

15. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Samson is talking about the 2008 Democratic primaries when it took a while for Black voters to get on board with Obama.

Obama definitely did not win 90+% of the Black vote in the primary race.

White men in this county vote republican 60-70% in general elections.
    What plantation are they living on??

Must be a shitty one because the GOP has literally done NOTHING for blue collar, middle class White voters for at least 60 years.

16. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

http://www.politico.com/story/2008/11/exit-polls-how-obama-won-015297

96 percent in 2008
    93 percent in 2012

17. The Dark King

The man clearly said in the primaries not the general election
    I'll say his endorsement from Oprah really helped him with blacks and white women.
    And honestly at the time he won who was better suited to lead and be honest aren't things way better than how he found it?

18. The Dark King

Republicans and conservatives need to ask two questions.
    Are things better than how he found it?
    What about the people running against him made them better candidates to You?
    Give me some honest answers about policy here.

19. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

I remember some stupid black bitch writing an article that Obama wasnt really African American because he was not a slave descendant. People like Jesse Jackson were caught live on air saying Obama thought he was better than other black people and he (Jesse Jackson would cut Obama's balls off) Some black folk made snide disparaging remarks about him so people should cut the bullshit and stop saying he had the black vote in the bag. Black folk initially were skeptical and being pragmatic by not believing Obama would win the presidency Then IOWA happened and they began to believe.
    Let's just go with the dumb twats who think blacks voted for Obama just because he was black. So what if they did? When Obama was born in 1961 in Hawaii , most southern stares did not recognise interracial marriage and therefore his father's marriage to a white woman would have been considered illegal in those states and he would have been considered an illegitimate child. When Barack Obama was born in 1961, black folks in the southern states were not considered human enough to vote. 150 years ago Obama would have been a slave (probably a house slave because of his mixed race and that he was the offspring of a white planter and a female slave). 150 years ago Obama would have been classified as property and equated to cattle or sheep.
    When the white house was built i am sure white people thought the only way a black man could ever be in that house was as a servant and not as the head honcho. So yes if Obama was voted for because he was black as some claim, they have a very legitimate reason to do so because his presence in the White House for almost 8 years flies in the face of what some myopic white people said that a black man could never be President in America.:cool:

20. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

:/