China Bans Hip-Hop Culture From TV

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Thump, Jan 22, 2018.

1. medullaslashin

medullaslashin Well-Known Member

What are you saying? I hate hip hop? Look -- if I hated hip-hop (or jazz or whatever kind of music this flyer refers to... o_O), I would love exactly what's happening to hip hop now. I would revel in its decline and its use as an instrument to undermine black people.

...But since I grew up with hip hop and remember its potential, I'm disgusted with what these face-tattooed monkeys are doing to it.

I'm old enough to remember when we called it "our CNN" and Sistah Souljah was meeting with president clinton. I'm old enough to remember when old ass white Warren Beatty came out as a hip hop head.

What old dude would nod his head to the rap they're putting out today? What old dude would be anything but bored and disgusted by it?

Remember how old school R&B was something the whole community could appreciate? ...Something black (& other) people could bond as a community over? Today's hip hop is no such thing. Only impressionable kids trying to be supermacho can like this shit.

If anything, look at today's hip hop from the angle of "opportunity cost". It's a fucking waste, when we can't afford it.

And the people who put out flyers like that ^ love it just the way it is -- undermining black people.

Whereas when it first started, they feared it. They don't need to fear it anymore.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. medullaslashin

That's stupid. Name me one time America has banned music. Just one.

Name me one other style of music (other than the excrement now ruining the legacy of rap) which actively promotes criminality, gang violence and black-on-black violence. Just one.

See? I can do STUPID non-sequiturs too! Now let's get back on track.

3. medullaslashin

For 1, I'm not talking about blaming any community for any criminal element.

I'm talking about not promoting counterproductive values and stupid heroes to impressionable children who are forming their identities. ...So stop drifting off-topic.

And yes, DeNiro makes gangster movies, but he doesn't claim to be a gangster, like these rappers do. These rappers claim to be LIVING the stupid values they're promoting, and thriving & "flossing" with them. Whereas the black kids who try to live those values go right down the drain, and take their communities with them.

2. "Economic issues" are a separate issue from the oh-so-glamorous gangsterism that too many young black kids choose as their "proving ground" and path to "manhood".

...So stop it with the "I'm a criminal because I was poor" bullshit. Admit that many kids go down that path because, to them, it's glamorous.

Like those basketball players shoplifting in china, they're not doing it because they have to, they're doing it because it's "badass". And today's "idiot rap" promotes it as "badass".

Furthermore, to the extent that economic progress is possible, it comes through a change in values. These idiot rappers are promoting values that are EXACTLY COUNTERPRODUCTIVE to solving community "economic issues".

4. medullaslashin

You're off on a tangent that no one is talking about. Get white people out of your head, dude. No one is talking about "respectability politics", yet you guys somehow keep gravitating to that.

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

So you think crime is created by the entertainment people watch? You need to pay attention to other communities that have the same rate of violence and crime minus the rap. These kids are more likely than not criminalized when they are still in grade school putting them on a particular when they are young. The identical actions that will get their white counterparts a stern talking to will get them suspended or expelled. This often leads to a chain of events that will get them a record of some sort which destroys opportunities long before they have a chance to understand what mistakes are. Blaming music is such a low level cop out. It's easier to point to that than to understand that black children are the most policied group of people in this country. Minor infractions like drug possession or petty larceny leads to jail time and a record while for other kids it leads to counseling. Once they have that record a swath of opportunities get swept away leaving them with very few options. The gangster bs is more often than not kids just being kids, trying to find their way. All my friends black white Hispanic etc wore all the hip hop fashion, all listened to rap, all did drugs, all did dumb kid shit but only the dark ones were held to this ideal that who they were at 14 would be who they were at 40, while it was always understood white kids were "finding themselves"

6. medullaslashin

You're completely discounting the fact that a lot of these kids see the crime, gangs, etc., as glamorous. Is this something you can't see?

And no, I don't think music can create crime, any more than I think tossing wood into a fireplace creates the fire.

... But pushing counterproductive values as something to look up to & live up to FUELS the fire. And, just like you said, once they have that record...

If you think an unfair society is out to get black kids into the system, you should be dead set against the kind of music that helps it do so. Obviously.

But you'll try to pretend that Ball shoplifted in China because he just couldn't afford to pay, instead of the fact that too many young black men see criminality as "daring", "slick" and "glamorous"... There are many black men sitting in prison right now because they were sure that's what makes a "real man" when they were young.

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

The skill is in simplifying. Did you ever study mathematics? Did they teach you to simplify a problem or make a complex waste of it?

I'm gonna use the most efficient tool anyone with a brain would use. In this case it's common sense.

8. The Dark King

All young men feel that way. Most young people steal the only difference they make it seem as if that's all black kids are and punish them far more for it.
    And as far as the music is concerned no one holds rock and roll people accountable in the same way when kids are into its recognized as a phase even though they promote the hell out of drugs and promiscuity. If a bunch of white kids od on drugs no one is coming for rock like they do rap. Also when crack came to the hoods in the 80s just like smack in the 70s everyone was listening to r&b

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

How about you not tell other adults what they should or should not be talking about.

So which is it? I'm off on a tangent that no one is talking about, but "YOU GUYS" somehow keep gravitating to that. If "We Guys" keep gravitating towards it, then clearly that's what "We" are talking about. The rest of us are off but somehow you're the only one on?

10. MixedCalifornian

MixedCalifornian Active Member

I"ve had the pleasure of being an online English teacher for Chinese Students...Lets just say the absurd ignorance knows no bounds. One Chinese businessman told me he was in Oakland and afraid because "Black people where all over the place."

Even more hilarious was finding out German, Czech´s and Serbians that had absurdly thick accents got more bookings than me purerly by reasons of being white. Hell there education systems and ignorance is so bad they assume Europeans are all "Native English speakers." I had a student working for a Dutch company that had no idea Dutch was a language.

There is a Chinese rap song where they attempt to diss "Foreigners." Yup its true loser white dudes with high school degrees go to china get paid better than locals and fuck more of the local girls. The chinese "Diss track" seems more like a praise. I have an alchoholic Swedish friend that fled to China to wait out his statue of limitations and married a Chinese girl. He has told me all kind of interesting stories about China. As well as the absurdity of Chinese racism.

All I can say in regards to this "Ban" is that young people will simply use VPN.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. The Dark King

Am I the only one who finds it ironic that the song about foreigners is done to a rap track?

12. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

You do realize that that is the problem right. If you have some of these rappers repping sections in a negative light then you shouldn't be surprised that that is what others think. You walk outside of the USA and they probably think most Americans voted for Trump and that we are like that. Unfortunately, He reps us.

I mean I'm not stepping into Compton..... guess why and whatever section of Dublin Connor is from won't see me. I've never heard of people jumping on a plane for 7 hours to go beef with someone. That's some high-level shit right there.

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Lol. This motherfucker just crushed any remaing hope of aliens visiting us. We can't even go from country to country without knuckle dragging idiots hating one another for absolutely no reason at all.

There went the last hope of any higher being giving us warp drive. Lol

14. LA

LA Well-Known Member

I live in a predominately Chinese community. They love white people--men and women. At first when I moved to this community, I found it concerning. Now I just laugh about it mentally and continue to enjoy my day. It appears an ingrained way of thinking for many Asians, not just the Chinese (in my experience).

I'd go as far as saying that often times "white people (or people that appear to be white) are put on a pedestal" in the Asian community.

15. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Yes, most Asians worship whites on some level. Asians will talk about how they don't like white people but still consider it dating up. Anything else is dating down.

16. medullaslashin

Well sorry to dig up an old thread, but...

xxxtentacion raps about "glamorous" gangster shit. xxxtentacion gets killed by a fool who brags about it on facebook.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  17. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Weird how you're being sarcastic here, but they're actually the correct answers

:D

18. The Dark King

nigga hush lol

19. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Uhhh...I wouldn't classify XXXTentacion as a gangster rapper at all! Based on the music I've heard from him, you can classify him as a emo Rapper.

20. medullaslashin

I've never listened to him, but I've read blog posts & heard youtube commentators say that his songs were about the typical ghetto violence stuff that so many of rappers go on about, chasing the dollar.

I tend to believe he was the same ilk as the dude who killed him. All vying for "badass" status, amoral, with the music encouraging those values.