Chat?

Discussion in 'Welcome Center and Announcements' started by Bug, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Hard to find someone on a chat sometimes.

2. Soulthinker

Still hope for chat.

3. K

K Well-Known Member

Post a time and a date that you want to do it

4. Soulthinker

I would be glad to K. Can you send me a e-mail?

5. Soulthinker

K,you are just playing.

6. K

K Well-Known Member

No

You've asked numerous times and said things about wishing others would post times. Just as I've responded in the past, if you want to chat with others just post a day and time and show up and see who comes in the chat.

There's no real magic to it.

We used to have chats pretty often. I started some of them. When I was online more, I would just post that I wanted to chat and people would show up. If you can post it ahead of time, that may help get more people to show up.

Technology changes and people don't do the type of chat that's on here very much anymore. However, I have always found that those who wanted to talk with me directly have figured out a way to do so, just as I have.

7. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Exactly, Soulthinker. If you want to chat, just set up a time to do it and see who shows up. But asking everyone else to do it if you're the one who wants a chat session means that it won't ever get done.

Just announce a date and a time. It's just that easy. Or if you want to message someone specifically just check out their contact info or leave them a rep or something.

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Chat died here when smartphones and tablets became the go-to devices.
    Webbie has not upgraded the Chat function to allow chat access via phone or tablet. Desktops are for sparse use and hardly anyone uses them for leisure access to online forums anymore. Maybe Webbie can look into it.

9. K

K Well-Known Member

Yes.. and webs has said things many times about updating the site but it hasn't happened. It is what it is. It does still work though. Some people do still access through desktops or laptops. It does work for some tablets too.

Soul has posted over the years wanting other people to set up chats. He used to do it even when we did have chats frequently. If he wants to have chats or talk with anyone directly then he needs to be the one to set it up rather than expect others to do it for him.

Since is exactly right about it.

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Agreed, et al.

11. Soulthinker

Chat I hope to be at 5am EST.

12. Soulthinker

I had mentioned on what time to chat. I live in the Eastern Time Zone while others chat in Central European Time or in Australia in the evening. I check on the website timeanddate.com Great site. K,I had not heard from you via e-mail and because of that I thought you were sarcastic.

13. Soulthinker

It is now 4:33 am EST not anyone is going to chat today.

14. K

K Well-Known Member

15. K

K Well-Known Member

I don't know about anyone else, but I sure as heck wouldn't be up looking to chat at that time on a Sunday (which would be what 1-2 am on the west coast). I wouldn't typically even be up now (8am on a Sunday!)

Please realize that even when we were using the chat more there were often times when it would get announced and not happen. Especially now that many don't use it (or can't), you'll have to be patient and keep trying different times and days. Posting in advance a bit too like - Wednesday at 11PM EST could get you more response.

16. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

You have to think about this. No one will be up that early but a few. Try 9pm est

17. Soulthinker

K,your remarks confirms what I've said.

18. K

K Well-Known Member

smh

19. Soulthinker

I was there at that time in spite of the 4:33 EST remark. No one will say I had chickened out.

20. K

K Well-Known Member

Ok Soul.....I'm going in Chat right now. Maybe some others will come in too. Here's your chance since you just posted you should be online still.

It's 6PM CA time (which is in keeping with what Arch said). Since is there too!

The other thing you may want to try is to just go into the Chat when you are online and sometimes people will wander in when they see someone is in there.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016