Charlottesville protest

Discussion in 'In the News' started by GAmomlisa, Aug 12, 2017.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Here's a good video from YouTuber BGS IBMOR:

2. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

Not right off hand....
    Chancellor Williams wrote that Africa was invaded sexually before militarily.
    I don't see how you can SEXUALLY invade a Patriarchy.

Africa is a woman....Europe is a man.

Western cultures are Patriarchal
    If we were westernized we'd be Patriarchal just like whites.

Everything African about us was outlawed EXCEPT the sisterhood.

3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

TDK I'm assuming she's talking about historically.

4. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

5. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

6. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Since we all speak well of our mothers aunts,sisters and etc, let try not trashing them.

The adoption I don't care about. I am no where near financially set to adopt. My aunt did adopt in Haiti and it was a boy but if you feel that those kids(The boys) have a problem then go ahead and adopt one and help them out. My aunt did. She migrated over here. He followed and went to college is a nurse and a wonderful guy. He is married with two sons and a wife.

7. archangel

I'd be careful so they don't get the wrong person.
    The suspect who hit people wasn't the first person some news outlets reported. That being said I hope they do lose their jobs. We are going to have a tough time if these are the college kids being so racist. I don't get how people can be friends with black people and hate them at the same time. On the reverse, I don't get how black people can be friends of these people.

8. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Do you personally know any Africans, or have you have you ever dated an African immigrant or second generation???

Africa is patriarchal just like Europe and the ME, why do you think they still practice genital mutilation, or clitoral excisions?? Because their women want their genitals cut off??

I messed with an African chick one time and she was THE most patriarchal women I've ever met. SHe expected ME to make all the decisions and deferred to me whenever I had an opinion on something.

Matriarchy doesn't come from Africa. It happened from the fracturing of the Black family during slavery.

When a slavemaster can sell off your children and wife and you can't do shit about it except fight right there and die on the spot, Black women tend to learn they need to be self-reliant because their men simply won't be able to protect them.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Simple, like most non blacks, they want to be us. They love or culture and we're an accessory.

"Everybody wanna be a nigga til it's time to be a nigga."

10. archangel

I don't know about african americans but I can speak for Haitian americans. My family is very patriarchal. My father did all the outside work and my mom and grandmother did all the "women" stuff(cooking cleaning taking care of the children). Unless they are divorced, That is how it works.

That being said I am no sucker to the sex roles. If you can't do something without me, then we got problems. I saw how because my mother let my father do all the male things that she became less educated on these things(such as changing a tire.....)

I am not going to get off my ass to drive some where to change a tire because you can't do it.

11. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

One of my professors from like 8 years ago was from Egypt and she said female genital mutilation still occurred in parts of Africa to varying severity, but many have moved on from that considering it cruel and an outdated practice.

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

^^
    These are my thoughts.

Have you ever worked with an African dude? I remember this one African dude I used to work with got really offended just because a woman was simply making a suggestion to him. Lol. She was being causal about it, not even rude and he got offended. You could see the anger in his face. He was like "don't talk to me like that" lmao.

Shit had us dying man. African men don't seem to feel comfortable at all with the western culture of women being taken seriously. The guy was a cool dude too, but he took that shit as an insult.

I'm gonna finish that video that Colibreh posted tho.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Damn. Lmao!!

You gonna leave her stuck on the side of the road?

14. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

The cops and those racist redneck assholes are the same exact people except for the odd black cop

15. RicardoCooper

The only difference between the cops and the militias/Nazis is the cops went to the police academy. Them good ol' boys all went to school together, each other's cousins, uncles, brother in laws, etc. That's why they don't shoot at each other

16. RicardoCooper

With both you and your daughter dating Black Men, and many more out there like you, no time soon

17. GAmomlisa

GAmomlisa Well-Known Member

We are oppressed in a myriad of ways, some more and less overt. Obviously all of these are more pronounced among WoC, LGBT, and MoC, but we face a gender pay gap, the risk of rape and assault in a culture that condones it when the perp is a white man, our under representation in politics and entertainment, the cultural expectation of how we should behave sexually, just the very idea that we are "their women" is in and of itself a very oppressive idea that pervades the culture! So yes, we have not been as oppressed as other groups, but we certainly do not benefit from a white male supremacist system, nobody except white males does

18. GAmomlisa

GAmomlisa Well-Known Member

Lmao, how do you mean?

19. RicardoCooper

Thanks to the internet the word is spreading.

20. RicardoCooper