Charlize Theron: "I Need A Man!"

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Morning Star, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Sometime this week, she'll appear on Piers Morgan Tonight. During the preview, she openly admitted that since her recent split with her former hubby, Stuart Townsend, she blatantly stated that she needs a man. Therefore I shall conclude that it's up to us to bring this South African beauty into the arms of chocolate...

Who will take one for the team!?

[​IMG]

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

She's South African? Don't hold your breath kid lol

3. Morning Star

You didn't know that? Damn...I thought that was intuitive. :p

But seriously, I know some South Africans and they basically wouldn't mind dating black guys, as long as they are from America or born and bred in Europe. That's what some actually admitted.

4. The Dark King

I always thought she was one of us crass Americans lol. The way she was discovered had such an American rags to riches spin on it.
    I'm surprised you've met South Africans who would date a black man considering how they treat them over there. Apartheid has only been over for 20 years so I'd imagine its not too different from the south 20 years after the Civil War barring certian factors like blacks being the dominate race and them electing a black President but that wouldn't overshadow racial tensions

5. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

She fine.

6. Morning Star

I think it's a generational thing. It's more to do with the people who experienced the fruits of the Apartheid and they tried to inject some influence to their younger generation. But since the breakdown of the Apartheid, that 9% of the overall white population who amassed all that wealth, some actually took a dive in the lifestyle, hence they start to distance themselves. But there are a good number of them who still integrated into the new South Africa post-Apartheid and they actually adopted some new attitudes. The older generation however, especially Boers, continue to segregate themselves out of this paranoia and sickening superiority complex.

Oh and here's another bit of information that should come as to a surprise. During the Apartheid, non-Africans can be considered "honorary whites" when they come into the country. And yes, this also included black Americans who ventured into South Africa. It was a fucked up system indefinitely, but it greatly negatively affected just the native African population.

7. The Dark King

Wow it really always goes back to money doesn't it. Justification through arbitrary things like race and religion just to take what you want and no one ever catches on.

8. Morning Star

Absolutely. But race was injected into the system as well. Black Africans were not allowed to start up businesses and if they did, then the police would have the right to subpoena them and force them out of the business. It was a design to clearly keep them poor and not able to build themselves up.

9. The Dark King

Wow there goes the concept that morality is intrinsic. Just disgusting and the fact everyone was cool with it and let it happen is worst.

10. Morning Star

Hahaha, indeed. And what was much worse was that James Meredith, a former black civil rights activist turned ultra-conservative anti-JFK, anti-Civil Right Act of 1964, was against the United States in putting sanctions on South Africa because of it's racist system.

11. GQ Brotha

GQ Brotha New Member

Oh really Charlize, I'll sign up for that role.

I'll even learn some Afrikaans to mack her fine blonde self with. :D

12. GQ Brotha

GQ Brotha New Member

There are some poignant things you remember in your life.

I remember as a child in Guyana, before I came to America at the age of 12, reading up on Steven Biko, the Apartheid system in South Africa, I was fascinated with reading about the policies enacted, I can recall South African leaders like Pieter Botha and F.W. De Klerk.

Moreover I still remember seeing the live broadcast of Nelson Mandela being released from prison in 1990

All of those things just built up my passion and love for history and the powerful nature of it at a young age. I was only 10 at this time.

13. Morning Star

For some reason, I knew you were going to jump on this like chicken pot pie. :p

14. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

BBW I don't think she has ever gotten married. You said former hubby but I don't think she has one.

15. Morning Star

You have more knowledge than me in this respect. Could you further elaborate on the Apartheid system and can you explain whether it was worse than Jim Crow?

16. Morning Star

You're right. She was never married in a relationship, but she was in a partnership with someone. However, they saw each other as being married because they were together. Basically, the whole religious ceremony wasn't a necessity to show they were married or a couple.

17. GQ Brotha

GQ Brotha New Member

LOL, then you know me well. :cool:

18. Morning Star

Hey, you're educated, handsome, and have a lot to offer. I'd say make that trip to L.A. and say "Hey!". Would be nice for a change for a celebrity to take an intellectual instead of another starving artist.

19. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I remember this scandal back in the day of a Black leader Alan Boasak got involved and later married Elena Botha. He had to quit his leadership over it. I was surprised that relationship took place in South Africa.

20. GQ Brotha

GQ Brotha New Member

It's funny how things are implanted in us from a young age that shape our interests.

I always had a fascination reading up about South African history and the Apartheid system. Imagining in my mind what it looked like when reading about a place so far off.

The first glaring and obvious thing is South Africa is a majority black country unlike the U.S.

So the system of Apartheid cut into every facet of life of blacks in South Africa. It was a rigid system of control that dictated your every movement in life.

The concept of Bantustans (black homelands based on ethnicity) developed under South Africa's Apartheid leadership and was essentially utilized to cut off blacks from political power. It was made difficult to even travel from one Bantustan to another.

When you look at these two systems they both had one goal in mind, maintain political power for whites at any and all cost by keeping blacks economically, politically and socially disadvantaged.

In South Africa it was even more paramount for the Apartheid government, given that blacks are the majority.

While in America black political power still would fall under the rule of a white majority even as blacks gained access to political positions, in South Africa black political power entails rule over a white minority ultimately.

Frankly both systems were two peas in a pod. I can only imagine that if a black person lived through both systems Jim Crow in the Southern US and Apartheid in South Africa, at the height of their existence, it would have been utterly nightmarish to experience.

The violence that accompanied dogs, guns, water cannons, arbitrary arrests and even death existed in both systems.