Charlize Theron Adopts Baby Boy Jackson

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by blackbull1970, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Just to address your 3rd link..this..part-
    I feel Theron's comment to Davis...came from either a pure misunderstanding on what Viola was attempting to convey...or perhaps she did understand, but was adduming ONLY on Viola's particular point of "not looking as pretty/young", and thus was addressing it as 'oh and btw, you're hot Viola, no matter your age..."

I also think the author's purely speculative header "What Charlize Theron Doesn’t Get About Black Hollywood" is harsh. It's not like Theron said right after...."and if you DO stop saying that, you WILL get work."

Her continuation of "Apparently Theron didn’t get the memo that mainstream culture strictly dictates what beauty is." is a misnomer because I think women period "get" that. Women aren't stupid and neither is Theron. Further illustrating her POV by comparing Theron's Beauty magazine Cover count to Viola's lack of is unfitting, because 46-yr old White women aren't gracing beauty covers either.

In retrospect, could Theron have just said "You're hot as shit" and left it at that? sure, and unfortunately, this is an example of the cultural/racial confusion of what one can and cannot say without there being misunderstandings.

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

From what I read, she grew up on an integrated farm, was 15 when her country was going through massive civil rights changes and she didn't feel she belonged as a "White Africkaneer". I'm speculating anti-farmers? sentiment might have been running high also, and her comment of "wanting to leave" stemmed from ignorance or fear perhaps. I don't get the feel she is "racist"...that's real harsh.

3. buglerroller

buglerroller Well-Known Member

RIGGGGGGGHT!

I agree!

RE: this thread...

who cares what people think these days, when I think about how everything was 40 years and imagine how things will be in another 40 years I smile because things like this will not exist.

Racist Smacist, think outside the box...

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

So recent photos of her son, Jackson have emerged... and she is getting railed on SM for them, apparently..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

"...Paparazzi images of Charlize Theron and her son Jackson Theron sparked outrage when BACKGRID.com published the images on March 20th. The photos show 6-year-old Jackson wearing a schoolgirl uniform with his short hair held by a blue headband. Black women lashed out at Charlize for emasculating Jackson.
    Others rushed to Charlize’s defense, saying little Jackson made his own choice to dress like a girl..."

[​IMG]

This was Jackson in 2015..
    [​IMG]

Should parents steer their kids to dress a certain traditional way or encourage it if it's the opposite, even if it's mere curiosity by the child?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  5. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

It might br a phase, although there are several pics on the interwebz of Jackson dressed up like a girl.
    I don't have kids, but if I did and they were young, I wouldn't be encouraging that kind of behavior.

Will SMith's son Jaden went through a period where he wore dresses and dressed androgynously too. Brad Pitt has a son who's been photographed wearing girl's clothing also.

I don't know if this comes from somewhere inside the child, or his environment outside the home. I have to believe being a celeb kid going to school in Hollyweird isn't the most normal of experiences.

6. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

The difference with Jaden was he was older. We all know how Hollywood people are quickly accepting of gay and gender bending more than they are of equality with black people that are not gay and or female. My questions would be wear is he getting the idea to want to dress and wear his hair like this. Does Charlize have NO males in his life, did he ever see anything about males and are the females including herself are influencing the gender-bending. As much as we want to believe children make their own choices that isn't entirely true. Because children are obviously still new to things in this world and have to be told and taught most things that don't come natural to them as humans. I don't have anything against it, but I'am not stupid and do recognize that some people especially in Hollywood act as if they have a problem with a black man being straight and a alpha male.

7. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I'm not that clear on the science on gender identity. I'm not sure how much is nature vs. nurture. I get the orientation issue, because the genetic basis of it seems clear. If it's the child's choice, then the child needs help and support.

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

*l fixed the pics above to show up*
    Just to correct your comment: Brad Pitt has a daughter, Shiloh, who only dresses like a boy.
    (not that girls sometimes don't dress like this, but you get the drift)
    [​IMG]

But yeah...these gender identities are slightly suspect because kid's thoughts, behaviors and gender comments are so fluid and temporary. How can you trust it's the right decision by them?

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

There is no science - the transgender community, l read, officially deem it that if they request it in passing, they're not transgender, if they repeatedly insist on it, then they are.

Yet, thinking about it, they are actually choosing to DRESS/LOOK like the extreme gender opposite that has itself been deemed a societial dress norm.
    So really, isn't their decision to dress like it likely from what they see, rather than what they FEEL? (which has been the reasoning to encourage their choices).

A truer response perhaps might be, is to just not want to wear anything, or maybe leaves, or maybe a draped cloth, etc. (since, dressing their gender opposite is STILL via a cultural influence.)

With this in mind, is there really anything wrong or abusive to steer the child to the cultural dress norms of their gender?

Of course, having said that, I truly DK how l'd react if my child wanted to dress the extreme polar opposite.

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

The story l posted from..also 'reported' an anecdote on how she took him to dance class and "forced him to wear pink ballerina shoes and a pink tutu, but then he was crying and resisting and she was forcing him, and that he looked miserable".
    Since they didn't provide the photos I didn't include the story here, because like it or not the kid looks very happy in these photos.

They also took out of context two of her interview comments to insinuate she is verbally abusive, however once I went to the source of the actual interview, l found the complete opposite. So I'm going to take their 'tutu story' with a grain of salt because of that.

Who knows why this adopted 6 year-old-boy has 'decided' to dress very feminine, l do wonder though, how much trendiness to "have a transgender" child plays into all this. Kids need guidance and letting them act on every whimsical desire isn't always for the best. Again, who knows.

11. K

K Well-Known Member

I really have a problem with all this. I find it really amazing that something that is such a minority is now such a big topic. What are the chances of several celebrities with children who are doing this "naturally". I was recently at a group where some of the parents actually seemed to be promoting their children change gender and/or be gay (yes I realize the 2 are not necessarily connected). Almost like it's some sort of fad that some are wanting to have go on. I don't get it! Some are going much further than the clothing, nail polish, hair, makeup etc. Some are now on a kick about hormones saying it's better to start the change before puberty. The major problem I have with this is I just do not believe they can really know so clearly. Hormones can greatly fluctuate and those fluctuations can shift people's thinking as well.

There was something a couple of years ago (I thought it had been brought up on here - but maybe I'm mistaken) about moms who were doing all sorts of princess parties for their boys and promoting that they become little girls. Very young children. Ok so have the party, but why be making such a big thing out of it all.

I know people who have both boys and girls and they may dress up in each other's, parents, etc clothing. Maybe they play with makeup or dress up in the other gender costumes. I've known people who have kids do that at Halloween. They like a particular character that is the opposite gender and they dress up like them. It's not a big deal, they do it for the day or when playing once in awhile and that's the end of it.

I just have to wonder much of what DC said. How much is maybe one gender being preferred in the child's environment over the other? How much of this is an attention thing, on the part of the child or parent. How much of it is a parent completely over blowing all this and turning into some major life decision when it really wasn't any such thing?

12. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Interesting that article they didn't feel the need to list the demographics of the people co-signing this fuckery like they did with the people who are against it.

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Could be a mix. Sandra Rose did the story. MTO also.

14. K

K Well-Known Member

Good point. My guess is all of them are in CA.

15. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Good points. Feelings are totally subjective, not objective like XY chromosomes, etc. In orientation I can totally understand a genetic compulsion to engage in sexual activity with one of the same sex, but I wasn't aware of genes for switching, carrying a purse, wearing heels, etc.

I don't think it's wrong or abusive at all to steer children based on their biological sex, but I also acknowledge that what we attribute as "masculine" or "feminine" are themselves also subjective/irrational/arbitrary (despite being socially accepted/determined). I would encourage the child to exhibit the social norms that correlate with their sex, but I guess if it was causing them extreme distress to do so, I would try to find some way to help them.