Charlize Theron Adopts Baby Boy Jackson

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by blackbull1970, Mar 15, 2012.

1. TERRASTAR18

TERRASTAR18 Well-Known Member

point taken......but not every experience is the same.

2. TERRASTAR18

maybe....

3. TERRASTAR18

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Well it couldn't become the "it" thing to do if there were no babies to adopt.

5. TERRASTAR18

what does that have to do with it? that are two completely different things: one is celebrities who do things for publicity and are quick to dump their kids on nannies, the other is child orphans which happen for a variety of reasons some of which include children who aren't orphans at all but have been seperated due to the abuses of child services. some of those celebrities, madonna and angelina, took kids who still had family. in fact angelina changed the child's name to zahara.

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Well I could ask you the same thing - what does Madonna, Sandra Bullock, and Theron adopting children who are Black...have to do with being an "IT" Hollywood thing?

You stated that many adopted are in fact NOT orphans, however the reality is many Black babies adopted (as well as any race of baby frankly) still have families, and those families willingly gave them up for whatever reasons.

You included children with family who you say were removed by Child service abuses....the men in Madonna's Mercy's family wanted her adopted out, while her maternal grandmother did not (her father claimed he didn't know she existed (uh huh). Regardless, her grandmother wanted Mercy placed in an orphanage for SIX YEARS, with the intent to come back for her. When Madonna learned of this, she didn't adopt her and adopted David instead. Only when years later she came back and saw Mercy still languishing in the orphanage with no one to hold her, hug her, care for her....I mean, can you blame her for wanting to take her and give her a good life? Do you really think that Mercy's grandmother would've come back for her? You should read up on Mercy's life..it was not a pleasant start to it.

And Angelina's Zahara WAS an orphan. AIDS took both her parents.

7. nobledruali

nobledruali Well-Known Member

Ditto!!! :eek:

8. TERRASTAR18

point1- a trend means a temporary uptick which will die down, just like all these celebs who got dogs like paris hilton. eventually it will die down when africa is less in the news.

point2- ethopia is not america. neither is malawi. the reason why they gave their kids is up is because those celebrities could give their kids a better life. which some might say is very humanitarian but really shows the desperation and hopelessness these ppl have. i'm sure it's diffucult to give up your child no matter where you are. her grandmother might be at least in her 50's, grandmothers in this country struggle, what do you think are the chances for someone with social security and a pension? an orphanage in the thirld world has food, medicine and access to western 1st world resources. if i was dirt poor i would send my kids there too.

point3- as recently, zahara's mom was alive-
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2007/11/21/people-jolie-adoption-dc-idUSL1926134020071121
    she uses the same better lifew argument.

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

It's never been temporary- Stars have been adopting kids forever. Sandra's lil chub is from the USA. So was Tom Cruises, I believe. So of all the actresses in Hollywood, we have what, 3-4? Hardly an IT trend. Plus when hasn't Africa been in the news. I don't think news motivates them. Maybe adoption is easier, IDK. I don't question why someone adopts an unwanted baby and gives them a loving home. I only cheer it.

-----------

I hear you on point #2. It's tough yes, and yes maybe there is better supplies for the orphanages.
    But her Grandma and father wanted her back and they didn't say they were too poor to feed Mercy. I think a baby needs to be hugged as much as it needs a meal and at the overwhelmed Orphanages due to AIDS, I imagine there is a lack of attention for many of the bubs. Grandma didn't elaborate much on why she dumped her for 6 years.

(BTW, I was also referring to US families who willingly give up their babies to be adopted.)

Thanks for the link on Zahara's mommy. Wow. You've given me another reason to dislike Jolie. I say that because either she lied or People mag did....
    But you know what, the interview was conducted in 2005 and Zahara's mother's in the link was 2007. Since she ran away rather than see her baby die, maybe her mom thought she had died when they couldn't find her for months. But she was very secure in Zahara's adoption, so at least that is good to know.

10. babybro

babybro New Member

Oh I never stated otherwise. I'm far from the spokesperson for interracial adoptee from across the world, but what really bugs me are individuals who aren't or haven't done interracial adoption, criticizing or putting down those that do do IR adoption. Just like being black usually caries a different perspective because of how society see's you, so does being adopted from a family of a different race, and way too often people attempt to judge another person's environment and perspective without input from that perspective itself.

Like for example, you have a lot of people say that many caucasian's can't understand what black people go through because it's a different experience we go through. This is rather evident in the poll that showed that over 80% of caucasian individuals think race relations have improved since obama came into office and only 40% of african americans thought the same way, there is a clear disconnect between the two demographics and that's usually due to the differences into between the viewpoint of the minority and majority.

Well now that same fashion is happening here, as now the minority of the minority is adoptee's, and individuals place their own perspective on the subject without gathering any sort of views from the minority themselves, which in this case would be the adoptee. So essentially it's a circle, and basically show how susceptible we are towards criticizing different lifestyles
    than our own.

11. Well Damn, if i knew Charlize wanted a black baby that bad i'd have happily given her one.;)

12. the deathdealer

the deathdealer New Member

good for her... but its known that she a known hollyhood racist...

13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

damn

im willing to give people the benefit of a doubt, but that's kinda shady

like some experimental shit

hey let me adopt this black baby and see how it turns out :smt017

14. Centreville

Centreville New Member

Well that raises an eyebrow. I hate to be this way, but non-blacks adopting fellow blacks are the exceptions to the norm.

15. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

Got any links or sources?

I seriously never read or heard this said about her.

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

She's South African so she must be racist. Never mind that whole African Outreach Project that bears her name and how it helps to try to keep African youths safe from AIDS/HIV because clearly that's just a smoke screen......:confused:

17. TERRASTAR18

one charity means nothing. there are many layers to racism...

being from south africa you grow up with a certain mentality and it doesn't help her case when she says-
    Theron had little time to grieve; with the dismantling of apartheid and the creation of new affirmative action laws, she became convinced "there was no future for a white South African."

http://courtneybabcock.tripod.com/id61.htm
    http://www.hiphopmusic.com/archives/000443.html

not to mention what she said about halle and her interview-
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...theron-doesn-t-get-about-black-hollywood.html

at worst she is a racist and best she lacks awareness....

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I'll go with lack of awareness for the most part for now. Not all white people are aware of all the various things we as black people go through.

Theron was 15-16 when she said "there was no future for a white South African" and the end of apartheid wasn't she? No growing between then and now and changing of POV I suppose? :smt102

19. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

How do any of these articles prove that she is a racist? I'm truly baffled. Her comment to Viola Davis might have been off the mark, but I don't think it makes her a racist. She misunderstood what Davis was speaking of, imo.

20. z

z Well-Known Member

I've heard of this shit a few times, I dunno whether she was or not, may be made some stupid comments in her young days and has mature to be a better person.

I've seen her on interview a couple of times, she seems very down to earth, mature & got good head on her shoulder. She also adores Mandela