Charlize Theron Adopts Baby Boy Jackson

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by blackbull1970, Mar 15, 2012.

1. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/charlize-theron-adopts-baby-boy-jackson-2012143

"Charlize Theron has adopted a child. She is the proud mom of a healthy baby boy named Jackson."

According to a source close to the single Young Adult star, little Jackson was born in the United States, and is African-American. Jackson is the first child for Theron.​

"She has always wanted to be a mom," the source tells US. "She is glad to be able to do it on her own now and is so happy to be a mom."​

The never-married South African beauty split with actor Stuart Townsend in January 2010 after nine years together -- and the breakup prompted a whole new chapter in her life​

Rick Santorum is gonna love this story!

2. satyr

satyr New Member

Nigga shut the fuck up.

3. missykins

missykins New Member

As someone that was adopted as a baby, good for her!! there are so many babies and children that need homes and if i couldnt have kids i would have no problem adopting.

i know most people want their own children but i think more people and famous people should adopt and when they do they should not get shot down for doing something great!! :smt038

4. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

Why?? She isn't involved with anyone so you are saying she should just find a man to reproduce with when there are kids who need a home. I think it takes a special person to look beyond themself and love a child who isn't their own biologically, just as if it was their own. She seems like a good person. I hope all goes well.

You adopted a child?? :D

5. missykins

missykins New Member

no i am adopted! :D

6. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

By black people? :D

7. JordanC

Sorry.....I was reading all wrong. So anyhow ....good you are positive for adopting. :D

8. missykins

missykins New Member

lol no prob yeah its defo a good thing :D

9. Centreville

Centreville New Member

First, Angelina Jolie, then Madonna, later Sandra Bullock, and now Theron. Must be the "it" thing to do nowadays in Tinseltown.

10. JordanC

I more think it is a reflection of what babies need adopting.

11. qnet

qnet New Member

LOL!!

12. FG

FG Well-Known Member

So you only give a pass to women who want to date black men? Never mind the black kids that needs adoption? Wanting to date a black man or not, has nothing to do with adopting a black child.

Short sighted and shame on you for not getting the big picture

Take a look at this:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4726046
    or this:
    http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=547647&page=1#.T2Q9PsXDdaw

I seriously doubt that these famous people commit to 18 years minimum for the publicity, all these women that have adopted black children have a long standing interest in humanity works etc.

13. FG

FG Well-Known Member

So you rather have a black child not fostered or adopted than to be in a white family? I think that is WAY more damaging than to be adopted to a white family. Sheesh. "the child would be mentally damaged" so you think that is more damaging than to not ever have parents or a loving home. GTFO.

You tell that to the children that never had a chance to be adopted, I bet they would say that they rather be adopted by a white family than not at all. Best case scenario, sure a black family may be better, but Black American children are disproportional adopted or fostered. And your conjecture of "not letting black families adopt white children" is weak.
    If Rihanna or Beyonce adopted a white child, I bet the biggest complaint would not be from the white community (and I am not counting SF)

Some people just adopt WHERE THE NEED IS THE BIGGEST.

And where the fuck is my "sob story".

I think trying to keep black children un-fostered and un-adopted is FAR more damaging than the alternative.

Your view of black children being damaged by being raised in white families is suspect. We are ONE RACE. And a parent is better than none. Regardless.

Im done with your ignorant ass.

Edit: " date a black man then" - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Where are we?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  14. Iggy

Iggy Banned

I think she is currently dating the guy from True Blood. Lucky bastard

As for her recent adoption, congrats to her. Hope it works out.

15. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Lmao at this dude trying to suggest black kids are better off with black parents. How about this put kids with loving families and watch them flourish. The race shit is so lame and without merrit. Where's the data that black kids are better off with parents? Where's the data black people can't adopt white children if they wanted. Truth is white children are in super high demand so I doubt there's ever any who aren't getting adopted. Black kids on the other hand especially boys is a totally different story.
    What I find really interesting is that african american boys are bing adopted in Foreign countries but not here in the US where people adopt the most. Very telling of how we see black males even from birth in this country

16. The Dark King

Let's be fair. Michael Jackson is a poor example since he was commonly portrayed as an alleged child molester/lunatic with a Peter Pan syndrome. It's not like they give children to white people whose public image is so tarnished.
    Like I said and FG said white kids aren't in major need of being adopted. There's a major market for young unmarried white teens to give up their kids to more suitable parents, you don't see that attention being given to black and latino kids. They are considered throw aways so they are in the most need.

17. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

This.

Like it or not, that is the issue. It takes a long time for a couple to adopt a white infant, no matter the race of the parents. Which is sad because there are so many babies of other races, and toddlers or older children of all races who need a loving home. I do understand that parents who can't have children, long to start with an infant. There is something about a newborn that tugs at your heartstrings and it's not an experience that anyone who longs to be a parent wants to miss. I just wish they could see past the "white" part. But, to be fair, I think there is (or used to be) alot of pressure to adopt same race babies so that the children grow up with the same cultural values as the parents and aren't confused about their own heritage.

18. The Dark King

I never understood that argument. If you're Irish and you raise a Russian baby it wont have the same heritage either. And seriously how much of that shit actually matters in the end. A good loving stable home is all that's really needed.

19. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Imagine a black family adopting a Russian girl. Do you know what sort of "damage" that would cause her? (sarcasm intended)

20. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I agree. But look at some of the stuff that has been discussed on here about children of black/white heritage. Are the kids black, are they white are they mixed? I can imagine some of the taunts kids would hear if you had a white child raised in a black family: how the white kid is too "black" or vice versa. A black child raised in a white family is now too "white."

I've heard guys on here say they don't like white women who try to act "black" or they hate it if someone tells them they act too "white." So the attitudes do exist. Should it matter? No. Like you said, kids need a loving home and parents who teach them to develop a healthy self-esteem.