Charleston church shooting: 9 killed in what officials call a hate crime

Discussion in 'In the News' started by alioufall, Jun 18, 2015.

1. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Agree that if Roof was placed in the general pop and caught a beat down and was killed, IMO he chose that fate when he decided to kill those Black parishioners in South Carolina.

But guards and deputies can't be making those decisions. That has to be ordered by a jury and a judge.

I don't care one fuck about Roof, but I do have a problem with his guards setting that shit up.

It's weird because if I'd read the same thing happened to George Zimmerman in jail I probably wouldn't have posted.
    Maybe because I see Roof as being racially insane and GZ as just another asshole. I dunno. Can't really explain it.

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Why do you choose to ignore that prisoners sometimes jam their locks and a sock was found in Stafford's?

And to compare Dylan's fate to Emmit's is ridiculous. Emmit was a victim from start to finish. He was brutally murdered because of disgusting "mob "justice" for supposedly whistling at a white female..
    What Roof did was so depraved, so wicked that the moment he emptied his chamber he should have known he signed his own death warrant.

You can't mow down righteous people in cold-blood, put the gun down and then demand protection.
    When he got his hamburger and thought he was on easy street.
    Nope. Once you commit such a heinous atrocity, you forfieut your right to a safe life. That little fucker must understand that either vway, he is leaving jail in a bodybag, details be damned.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  3. andreboba

The reason I don't buy that a prisoner jammed a sock into his lock that allowed his door to remain open is because in most lockups, deputies are patrolling when prisoners are sent to their cells before lockup, and afterwards in 1-2 hours guards come by to CHECK those doors to make sure they're locked.
    There's no such thing as a prisoner jamming his door unlocked accidentally for 12 hours without a guard knowing about it.

When a deputy arranges to have another prisoner killed by another inmate, that's no different than mob justice.
    SOrry, but in this country we give even murderers their due process and treat them like human beings once they're incarcerated. Roof has already been sentenced to death and is probably on lockdown most of the day by himself anyway. You want him to receive extra punishment. But the legal and criminal justice system doesn't work that way.

You have to be careful about advocating for vigilante justice, because vigilante justice isn't always 'fair'. It all depends who's making the decision about who deserves to die.
    And guards most of all should not have that kind of authority.

There are all kinds of murderers in prison. Should guards be allowed to give them 'accidental' death sentences too....because they feel like it's the right thing to do??
    Being in prison or jail doesn't mean your forfeit your right to live.

Serious question, Bliss. If I gave you a pistol and told you to put a bullet through Dylan Roof's skull, right now, because he deserved it and had already been sentenced to die, could you do it??

4. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

What exactly is vigilante and isn't? At the end of the day, it is a bunch of people making a decision. Lets not be so quick to say emmit got killed knowing at some point the justice system has executed innocent people before.

Let us not forget the legal system took over for George Stinney a 14 year old boy that was executed but no one called the legal system vigilante justice.....

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Word

Some people don't deserve to breathe its that simple

6. The Dark King

We don't get along for shit. But this is proof that even 1 percent of the time you can agree with someone 100%

7. andreboba

All true, just be aware if we abandon the rule of law and our ability to change them, then all we're left with is vigilante justice and someone else's opinion of guilt, without due process, evidence, or a trial before our peers to defend our innocence or confirm or guilt.
    Vigilante justice is almost always a death sentence too regardless of guilt.

This country isn't perfect. As far as a I know, no such place in the history of the world has ever existed.
    Nonetheless on some level we need the rule of law to be the foundation of what this country is about, otherwise what's the point??

Roof has already been sentenced to death in South Carolina, let the system work.

8. The Dark King

There is something fundamentally wrong when we treat murdering assailed with far more humanity than law abiding citizens. It's depraved

9. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Here was the the fact that I learned when I was a CO; for an offender inside, time is not the best ally. The offender's crime is known and that offender will be marked. An attack can occur at anytime. There is nowhere to run or hide and the anticipation of death is worse than death itself.

I recall an inmate who always said, "Praise the Lord" as he passed by.

The other inmates were rather dismissive of him. They revealed that this Christian inmate was responsible for the murders of his family. He was in for life and no chance for parole.

But he was also crazy from his incarceration and they left him alone.

Inmates, especially black men inside, are going to try to get at Dylan Roof anyway they can.

10. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

CHARLESTON SHOOTER DYLANN ROOF’S SISTER MORGAN TO PROTESTING CLASSMATES: 'I HOPE...Y'ALL GET SHOT'

Morgan Roof, the younger sister of the Charleston shooter Dylann Roof, was arrested after taking two weapons to school and posting to Snapchat that she hoped students protesting against gun violence in a nationwide walkout “get shot.”

Roof, 18, showed up at A.C. Flora High School in South Carolina with a knife, pepper spray, and marijuana. She faces weapons and drugs charges. A judge released Roof on a $5,000 bond but ordered her to stay away from her school.

Though she faced no charges relating to her Snapchat post, it did cause alarm, reported WIS-TV.

In her post, Roof wrote: “Your walking out for the allowed time of 17 min, they are letting you do this, nothing is gonna change what tf you think it's gonna do? I hope it's a trap and y'all get shot we know it's fixing to be nothing but black people walkin out anyway...No offense ofc buuut.”

Dylann Roof, 23, a white supremacist, shot and killed nine black worshippers at a church bible study group in Charleston, South Carolina, in June 2015. He wanted to start a race war. Roof is awaiting the death penalty.

In a separate incident on the same day at A.C. Flora, two 16-year-old students were arrested and charged after bringing a loaded magazine and a Smith and Wesson .380 handgun onto school grounds, reported WIS-TV.

Students across the U.S. walked out of schools during the middle of the day on Wednesday to protest against gun violence in the wake of February’s Parkland school shooting. Nikolas Cruz, 19, murdered 17 people, many of them students, at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, on Valentine’s Day. The walkout lasted 17 minutes, a minute for every victim.

Cruz is awaiting trial.

A.C. Flora Principal Susan Childs wrote to parents to reassure them about the day's events. "The walkout went well with only a minor verbal disagreement that occurred at dismissal from the event," Childs wrote.

"A rumor then started that a certain student had a weapon. This was heavily investigated and found to be inaccurate. In a separate situation, a student used social media to post a hateful message. The posting was not a threat, but was extremely inappropriate. That student was dealt with in a swift and severe manner as the posting caused quite a disruption.

"In an isolated incident yesterday, administration was notified that there was possibly a weapon on campus. Through diligent work from the Assistant Principals and the School Resource Officers, an unloaded weapon was recovered. The investigation of this matter involves law enforcement as well as school officials."

http://www.newsweek.com/charleston-s...posting-845838

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. The Dark King

Another reason why its better to date outside this country for black men. Too many land mines out here

12. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

She obviously needs some mental health treatment. My thoughts and prayers to everyone who may have been affected by this tragic young woman's decision to possibly harm her fellow students.

13. andreboba

LOL. Bruh she's crazy just like her brother because they share the same parents and DNA.
    No way she's typical for non-Black women.

Your default is just so pessimistic.lol
    The sky isn't falling.:p

14. The Dark King

I think its more that I'm realizing how stacked the deck is. People like this roam around free as a bird until they're ready to pounce and even worst we arw given monthly examples of how the rules are different and they know this. Just a sad state of affairs

15. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I think we know who her inspiration is. "No Offense". Disturbing.

16. darkcurry

I'm guessing she doesn't date outside her race though. lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. The Dark King

She could to set someone up wouldn't be the first time

18. darkcurry

I understand that, but that is ANY racist person. I'm not ready to throw American women away, I don't believe in blaming the majority for the minority. There are non racist white women here in America. I have yet to have a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship with a racist white woman and I have been dating white women for almost 30 years. I'm a veteran. LOL!!

19. The Dark King

Damn you got me by a decade fam lol

20. darkcurry

lol. Been down since high school. Now I'm 46 with a gorgeous, bright 25 year old white lady. lol. I also been dating women A LOT younger than me for awhile, but not on purpose it just happens. I'm not a dirty old man, I swear. lol.