Charleston church shooting: 9 killed in what officials call a hate crime

Discussion in 'In the News' started by alioufall, Jun 18, 2015.

1. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

I didn't say you defended . I said calling him a terrorist. You used the legal definition where I was using Webster's definition.

I said that distinction

2. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

There Loki. The distinction was made

Remember you said "hate crime" under the law...I said he's a terrorist under Webster's dictionary.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  3. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

I literally have no idea what you are talking about, you are quoting your own posts to "prove" I said something? I certainly don't recall parsing the definition of that murderer, I would absolutely call him a domestic terrorist, please post where I said otherwise.

4. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

Sure. I'll get it soon.

5. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

whitewomenblackmen.com/forum/threads/white-supremacist-stabs-black-man-after-kissing-white-woman.28260/page-2#post-1029907

There. You was discussing that with Paniro.
    If you noticed I called him a terrorist. You and paniro was discussing was it a hate crime

I should have Been clearer

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  6. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

You are truly testing my patience here GL, I'm going to do my best to remain civil. You claimed or at least intimated, that I somehow did not consider Dylan Roof a terrorist, which is HIGHLY offensive, and untrue, I never said that, Roof is the definition of a domestic terrorist.

When asked to provide proof of "your accusation" you provide a link where I was ARGUING against Paniro about a separate crime fitting the definition of a hate crime where I was stating that the crime in question "did" fit the definition and Paniro was taking the opposite position. The two discussions had nothing to do with each other and my stance was supporting additional punishment for the perpetrator.

Not only did I NOT agree with Paniro, how you linked that discussion to a discussion about Roof being a terrorist is baffling and again VERY offensive. I would urge you to be a lot more clear in your posts and have a deeper understanding of my positions before misrepresenting my views in the future.

7. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

We all know GL is a tad limited. Don't waste your energy my friend.

8. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

I didn't say you agreed with Paniro. I said you were discussing that and I should have been clearer on that

9. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

Do you see that? I said I should have been clearer.

10. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

That's exactly what a person reading posts #175 and #177 of this thread would think, that Paniro and I were somehow agreeing that Roof is not a terrorist. I don't know if your comprehensive abilities are limited or you are just being obtuse on this issue, but you crossed a line with me on this topic, don't try to reference or use my posts in the future if you have no idea what my views truly are.

11. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

I said in the next to last post that I should have been clearer. In other words I should have been more distinct in what you were saying.

12. medullaslashin

medullaslashin Well-Known Member

Bullies see stuff like "forgiveness" as weakness.

Forgiveness comes with justice. Not before. Otherwise it looks just like cowardice and impotence. Doesn't the value of "christ's" forgiveness come out of the fact that he, as "son of god", is anything but impotent?

These people's "forgiveness" is premature and ...

This "forgiveness" stuff just leaves an opening for the jury to elect to not snuff out that piece of shit. We all know how juries work in the good ol' USA. This "forgiveness" stuff could see Roof living a long life, calling his victim's "apes", alongside Mr. Zimmerman, except at taxpayer's expense.

Roof should obviously be executed -- not for vengeance, but to send a message.

If they spare him, there's a message in that as well, and it ain't good.

DC Sniper was executed speedily. Tim McVeigh too. Because there was a message in it. They need to send a message in the case of this terrorist too.

I have a feeling they won't though. :^/

13. medullaslashin

Damn. I didn't know about this. Fuck kanye.

14. The Dark King

We know they won't. He's young small and skinny they'll see him as a little boy. Hell they haven't executed the Boston bomber yet or dude who shot up the movie theater

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Ignorant people view any kind of human compassion on any level as weakness. Being just as callous accomplishes nothing other continuing the endless loop of tit for tat behavior. Waiting on ignorant people to get a clue and start acting civilized is a pipe dream. Not gonna happen.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  16. medullaslashin

Correct. Ignorant people aren't easily reached. That's why you have to send clear signals. Frying Roof is a clear signal.

...And with regard to the "endless loop" -- the best way to end the "endless loop" is to make people trust that justice will be served.

Frying Roof doesn't contribute to an "endless loop" because no one (except the most rabid nazi) identifies with his offense. Who (except the most rabid nazi) would want to "avenge" Roof's death? There's no loop there.

However, given what we know about our justice system, sparing Roof does contribute to the loop. Given Roof's heinous, terroristic offence, sparing him plays into the narrative that there is no justice, and black lives don't matter. Sparing Roof contributes to the "endless loop" more so than frying him, because most people are sure that if he had committed that offense at a white church, he would get the death penalty, especially if he were black. Sparing roof creates more grievance.

When it comes to particularly heinous crimes -- terroristic crimes for political purposes -- society has to show "who's boss". And given our uneven justice system, it's particularly important to send clear signals in this case -- both to those aggrieved and to the terrorist sympathizers.

...On the other hand, at least Roof didn't mouth off at cops, or wear a hoodie, or run from cops, or look as if he was about to assault a motorist, or anything really horrible like that. So maybe we should forgive him, because it helps us prove ourselves to people who genuinely believe we're oversensitive, irrational and reactionary. (~They're not "faking it" to justify their grudge, they really believe we're all bad :rolleyes:... so we should prove ourselves to them, rather than the system proving itself to us!~)

Not to sound snide, but this "I forgive you" stuff is a good point to debate. I say forgiveness starts when the nonsense stops, ie. when we can trust the justice system to protect us -- including protect us from the perception that the justice system will go easy on you if you kill black people.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  17. The Dark King

So damn well said. I've had it up to here with this forgiveness bullshit. We're literally the only people who are expected to forgive and forget every atrocity against us. No one would ever tell a rape victim or a 9/11 survivor to forgive those who wronged them. The sentiment is unanimous string the wrong doer up so they pay for their crime and can never do it again. It's a clear sign how they view our lives and what it's worth. I'll forgive when they stop, who else is expected to forgive while the ugliness is happening to them.

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Shooting up the church was not an accident so there is nothing to forgive. The book says "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" He would have us give him the electric chair because he is a murderer. I'd like to pull that switch myself.

19. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

We are close to two years since this MFer killed people. Almost Two years worth of tax payer money to keep him alive. Almost two years of time that none of the people he killed got. That money could have been given to homeless people or families who don't hate the american people no matter the race. speedy trial my ass

20. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member