Charles Manson Dead at 83

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ra, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

2. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Not happy. Not sad.

3. redlolly

redlolly Well-Known Member

I read The Family by Ed Sanders when I was younger and it scared me to death. Manson was a creepy and deeply disturbed individual. Good Riddance.

4. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Vincent Bugliosi wrote the book Helter Skelter. The title of the book was used because Charles Manson's favorite song from The Beatles' White Album. Manson believed that a race war between white people and black people was imminent. If the black people don't start the war, then the white people should start it and win. The White Album inspired him and his racist ideology.
    What was even more surprising was the fact that he was friends with a member of The Beach Boys, Dennis Wilson, I think. Wilson was impressed with the power he had over women. Manson was bisexual and he was in jail for raping a man.

Bugliosi was horrified when he listened to the accounts of the investigation by the police and interviews with Manson and The Family. It was the most difficult novel he ever written.

Helter Skelter was made into a two-part mini-series in the 70's. I was 9 or 10 at the time and I had no idea of what happened. It was a few years later when I had learned about what happened on the night actress Sharon Tate, the wife of film maker Roman Polanski was murdered. Tate was also pregnant.

5. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

^^^^

That is propaganda.

6. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

How so? I saw Manson on television and he was straight up crazy. Have you ever looked at an interview with Manson? Or seen an interview with one of the women who was with him that night? Or his son?

Are you an admirer of Charles Manson?
    Are you in favor of his beliefs?

7. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

8. Soulthinker

I remember that series too. Steve Railsback played Manson and did a great job. I never forget when on the first scene the Black maid was screaming and running out of the estate after seeing the murders. When Manson did that leap to the judge I later found out he had seen the tv show The Defenders when Dennis Hopper made that scene a few years before.

9. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I forgot Steve Railsback played Manson. I remember seeing the scene with the maid running out and screaming. My mother didn't want me to see the mini series. She and my dad sent me to bed. Manson and The Family were doing these home invasions and spraying graffiti on the walls. A lot of black militant messages. These were used to make it look like black militants committed these crimes.

10. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

I remember this version from when I was a little kid. Rest in hell Charles Manson, thank God we got a little justice in this shitty country

11. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

He's not resting in hell, he's roasting in hell.

I was glad that his parole appeals were rejected. If he was ever released, God only knows what evil he would release upon society.

He gave his entire estate to a prison pen pal before he died.

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Perhaps he "repented" and went to heaven or perhaps he is already back here as a frog preparing for a life of dodging gators, snakes and rats while munching on flies. Perhaps "heaven" and "hell" are all part of this galaxy.

13. Soulthinker

Hope the families of the victims go after that pen pal.

14. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I don't know about that. I think the fact that Manson died in prison is closure for the families of his and The Family's victims. Manson's children may be another story. Don't be surprised if one or all of Manson's children publish books about their infamous patriarch.