Cell phone thread

Discussion in 'Science, Technology, and Green Energy' started by 4north1side2, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Which one?

2. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Don't know yet but I will research.

3. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Just purchased a BLU Win HD LTE Unlocked since it was on sale.

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I'm back to using my Motorola phone. Its the droid max that came out July 2013.....lol. Not a single crack on it tho. Earlier my LG V10 conked out on me. In it's defense it took some abuse over the time I had it.

Still waiting for the new LG V30 that comes out in September. I like the tuff ruggedness and feel of the V series. The removeable battery option is also cool, but if LG drops the ball, I'm grabbing the latest gadget from Motorola. The fact that I still like this phone speaks volumes.

5. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

The Droid Maxx is a kick ass phone! The battery lasted all day no matter the usage and the phone was super durable. Someone stole mine. :mad:

Yeah those LG phones are tough! I'mma check out that V30 in September too. My Moto z is failing me because of super heavy usage. I use it as a GPS for work which resulted in screen burn in. Now the battery can't keep a charge, the phone overheats soon as I turn it on and feels like it was microwaved.

6. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

I am running with an old htc still. I won't buy a new before it says goodbye for good to me.

7. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

How do you like it so far? I've often seen those on Amazon.com but I never knew anyone who owned one so I couldn't ask their opinion in person.

8. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

For a phone under a $100 it's decent, just don't expect to take good quality photos with it.

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

The V30 is out now fam and from the reviews I'm reading, its killing it. Looks like LG really did it this time. The only area where its mediocre is the selfie cam. The regular cam is getting nothing but praise, the videos are banging, the audio is crisp from the head phone jack and the screen is large and clear. Its water and shock proof and lighter than previous models. That's what I'm gathering so far.

It has the new snap dragon 835 processor as expected. It has 4gb of ram, I expected 6 but 4 is straight. The battery is not removable as some expected but to be honest I didn't use that feature a lot on the V10. The battery has slightly more capacity than the V20, but the new processor should add to the battery life as well because its more power efficient.

Waterproof serves me better than the replaceable battery anyway because the rainy season here is something serious.

It has facial recognition and wireless charging among other features.

My Droid maxx is holding up much better than I expected so I'm not sure if I'm going to wait for a deal or just stop by a big red store this weekend (Verizon) and scoop one up.

If you cop one let me know what you think.

10. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

I've been using htc one for three years now. It's a good phone but seriously suffering from old age now.

11. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

Mine too, and it is from 2013.

12. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

I have been using an iPhone 7. I am seriously thinking about going back to a semi-analogue cell phone. One of those that can WhatsApp but nothing else. I feel as if the smarter the phone gets, the dumber I get, and I don’t want that. :mad: