Celebrity Crush Growing Up

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by fireykitty, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Barbara Carerra. I remember her fom the film I, The Jury with Armand Assante. It was the first time I saw her nude.

She was also in Lone Wolf McQuade with Chuck Norris and David Carridine.

2. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

You brought memories G.

3. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Television and movies were the best babysitters I've ever had. Do you remember Pamela Hensley and Jane Badler? Of Buck Rogers In The 25 Century(as Princess Ardalla) and V(as Diana)?

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

VANITY!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

How could I forget her??!! and I know I am not the only one here that had a crush on her growing up!!

5. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Vanity. She was a hot lady. My older brother bought one of her albums on cassette in 1985. I remember a song she did on it called Animals. I remember the verse that goes," We're like animals. When we make love. We're like animals. I just can't get enough." I think that's how it went. Now, Vanity, like actor Demond Wilson(LaMont) of Sanford & Son, she became a Born Again Christian. Demond Wilson has his own ministry and will never talk about his acting career to anyone except E! True Hollywood Story. He did other things before and after Sanford & Son(he was in The Organization with Sidney Poitier and he was in Baby, I'm Back with Denise Nicholas and The New Odd Couple with Ron Glass from Barney Miller). Vanity does not want to look back on her days in the music industry.

6. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I was crazy about Appolonia Kotero. I remember her in Purple Rain and saw her nude in the film Black Magic Woman with Mark Hamill.

Another is Kelly LeBrock. She was and still is a stunning woman. She was once married to Steven Seagal.

7. buglerroller

buglerroller Well-Known Member

yes!!!!

8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Hey I know you remember the never ending debates over who was the finest between Appolonia and Vanity! It was a close one for sure!!

[YOUTUBE]dBM_vmgwrRY[/YOUTUBE]

9. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I would say it was a tie. I do remember that Prince, through his label, Paisely Park, had Vanity 6 and Appolonia 6. It was a funny thing, but they seem very much alike in terms of backup singers(2 as always) and the sound. Vanity had the better voice. But, to me, Appolonia Kotero was a lot of fun to look at. Prince like women who have an exotic look to compliment himself. Shelia E was another example (in the film Crush Groove, she showed off her curves but in shadow). But, I think Prince had to play catch up with her.

10. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Apollonia Kotero > Vanity
    The comparison was never close.

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Ha Ha Interesting

12. Soulthinker

G,Appalonia appeared in Ray Parker Jr's "I'm In Love with Another Woman" video and Falcon Crest. On Buck Rogers I remember Erin Gray who also played on the show Silver Spoons. I asked Gil Girard about her when he appeared in the Jimmy V gold classic in Cary years back and he said she is doing other projects.

13. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I remembered Appolonia started a clothing line called Ms B Havin. I remembered she modelled lingerie and swimwear. Seeing her in a purple string bikini gave me a lot to fantasize about in my youth.

14. Soulthinker

Just saw on You that Appalonia appeared in Eddie Money's Shakin video as his girlfriend from the bario.

15. SexyBaltimorean

SexyBaltimorean New Member

Jenni Garth is probably @ the top of my list, but I'm sure there's more.

On saved by the bell back in the early 90's, a friend of mine told me that the episode when Lisa kissed Zach was another breakthrough moment in the whole interracial dating scene (next to jungle fever, of course)

16. GentlemanJ337

GentlemanJ337 New Member

While everyone else was going crazy over pam anderson i personally had a huge crush on yasmin bleeth. I guess the dark hair light eyes combo did it for me.

17. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I liked Yasmin Bleeth moreso than Pam Anderson(sure, Pam is a nice person, but I don't think she was all that. This, of course, was after the breast augmentation). I could look at Yasmin Bleeth in a string bikini all day and feel no pain.