Carrie Fisher Dies at Age 60

Discussion in 'In the News' started by SilverSmith, Dec 27, 2016.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12/27

Carrie Fisher, the actress best known as Star Wars‘ Princess Leia Organa, has died after suffering a heart attack. She was 60.

Family spokesman Simon Halls released a statement to on behalf of Fisher’s daughter, Billie Lourd: “It is with a very deep sadness that Billie Lourd confirms that her beloved mother Carrie Fisher passed away at 8:55 this morning,” reads the statement.

“She was loved by the world and she will be missed profoundly,” says Lourd. “Our entire family thanks you for your thoughts and prayers.”

Fisher was flying from London to Los Angeles on Friday, Dec. 23, when she went into cardiac arrest. Paramedics removed her from the flight and rushed her to a nearby hospital, where she was treated for a heart attack. She later died in the hospital.

The daughter of showbiz veteran Debbie Reynolds and entertainer Eddie Fisher, Fisher was brought up in the sometimes tumultuous world of film, theatre and television. Escaping Hollywood in 1973, the star enrolled in the Central School of Speech and Drama in London, where she spent over a year studying acting.

More here.

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

My heart just sanked. Been a long time since I shed a actual tear over a famous person's death. I grew up watching and loving her. :(

3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

4. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

May the Force be with you, always...

5. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I remember her on Star Wars back in 77 and she is part of that series of movies. She would be sorely missed.

6. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

7. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

8. Soulthinker

That is so true after the new Star Wars flick in late 2017.

9. Soulthinker

Her mother is now with her in death. Things will not be the same again.