Candice Wiggins: I was bullied for being straight in '98% gay' WNBA

Discussion in 'In the News' started by alioufall, Feb 22, 2017.

1. alioufall

alioufall Well-Known Member

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/sd-sp-wiggins-20170221-story.html
    I'm not surprised at all.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  3. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I've read comments people have posted about this on a couple of sports forums. A lot of people are skeptical of her claims, several seem to imply that only heterosexuals bully people because of their sexual orientation. I don't know how true her statements are, but anytime someone is in a group with people who share a majority opinion/mindset/behavior, it can feel very intimidating to people in a minority position.

4. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I saw a chick on another forum give her perspective from playing H.S. Basketball as a straight female:

5. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

That's fucked up. I always assumed from word of mouth that women's basketball of all women's sports had the highest number of lesbians but I thought it was maybe 50-55%. This makes it sound like at least 70-80% of women basketball players in college and the pros are gay.

It's so hard to believe since the rate of homosexuality for the general population is between 5% and 15%, depending on what study you read.
    Then to find out some of these women are straight up sexual predators and not being held accountable for whatever reason....WTF is that about???

If you have daughters into sports with the desire and talent to play in HS and beyond, TALK TO THEM and find out what's happening in that lockerroom.
    Then talk to the head coach to get a feel for what the environment is like.
    I've always taken it for granted you could turn someone out and make them gay, since for the most part it's not true.
    But stories like this make me reconsider what the old head's in my family used to say, that many gay folk end up that way from child and adolescent sexual abuse.
    SHit is so crazy.

And I'm one of those cats who says there's at least a couple of fine females on every basketball team I've ever seen. But the dyke predator shit is insane.

6. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Most female sexual predators aren't held accountable.

7. Rochiebabes86

Rochiebabes86 Well-Known Member

Im not surprised based on my past experiences with AAU, but she's being dramatic about being "bullied"