California is a shit hole

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by 4north1side2, Nov 18, 2016.

1. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

You weren't trolling, you described california to a T.

2. buglerroller

buglerroller Well-Known Member

Hopefully Los Angeles wins the bid for the Olympics, new soccer stadium.. new football stadium on the way and they are expanding the public transportation system. All the other bullshit is just smoke and mirrors....

3. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

You may be trolling but,you know your stuff on Cali. Hope you say something about Texas since some Cali folks are moving over there.

4. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

I am

5. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I honestly don't think I could live in a Red state at this point. But, I've heard great things about Texas, though.

6. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

I'm trying to finish school. Red and blue won't run me outta town. I'll deal with that stuff one I have my degree.

7. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Doesn't hurt that you are in a blue city lol

8. samson1701

Do you. I like hearing that. Get that education so you can get that "Fuck You" money.

9. K

K Well-Known Member

too funny

I've been in CA for over 40 years. LA is known for materialistic/plastic women. That's also where you're going to find the better shaped, hot bods (men and women) SF tends to be more academic women and those who are out for a cause. Sacramento is more family focused. Central Valley is ag. Tahoe, Chico, etc all have their own thing. I think SD is very different from LA.

I think people have to realize when they say Nor Cal - there's a huge area of Nor Cal. SF/ bay area is a very small area. The different areas in CA have very different feel to them.

I'm really surprised anyone would say they aren't seeing any IR couples in SF. Interesting how different people see different things in the same places.

California is an interesting state. You really can find all parts of the US here. There are things I like, many I don't. I've found some things changed over times too. I used to LOVE Monterey and think it would be a great place to live. I was there a few weeks ago and I don't have a pull to be there anymore. While I still have a strong love for the ocean, I can see myself not being based in CA.

10. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

My observations is based off mainly San Francisco. I'm out and about literally the whole day and it will took me 5 days to see a black man in a woman of another race... it wasn't even San Fran, it was at the movie theater in Daly city. The lack of a black population here is very disappointing. I haven't been to LA yet but the people here in San Francisco are highly materialistic and snooty. Motherfuckers be looking all surprised or disturbed if I say "good morning" or "how you doing" (I'm not counting employees being friendly because that's their job)

As raider said and others have told me, San Diego is the place to be so I will check them out soon. I like Oakland CA very much, I felt much more at home there. I found the people much more genuine with a blue collar feel.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  11. 4north1side2

They ain't ugly but they are average as fuck. Pittsburgh may have a uglier population overall but we also have way more "god damn" head turners and that goes for both sexes no homo. I've only saw one pawg so far here, in Pittsburgh we are thick with pawgs.

I don't know how to describe it but a lot of the skinny or average shaped people here have a look of unhealthiness to them. Like they look very tired or miserable.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  12. K

K Well-Known Member

It's because a huge number of them are vegetarian or vegan.

13. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Yeah those Berkeley/SF hipster vegan folks get weird looking sometimes. But I love that hipster look on a girl that is hot. I'm much more into that fashion of she can rock it.

14. K

K Well-Known Member

Interesting. I haven't been in SF proper much in the last several years. The traffic has become crazy and the feel has changed a lot. Many of the places I used to like to go to aren't around any more. When I go there now it's typically to places that would be more nonSF people than SF peeps (museums, events, etc). Other than that it's been east bay which is it's own thing. I think you would find east bay much more IR.

I've found the different areas around SF can be very different and have a different feel. People there can be odd. I did some work with a family there last year and they all lived in east bay and yet they acted like going from one town to another was like going from one country to another.

Oh and Marin is very snooty. Financial district is bad too.

I've always liked SD....I haven't been there for several years now though.

15. K

K Well-Known Member

Yah there's lots of them around too. College areas and such.

It is funny to think of how very different the little areas of towns can be. But I don't think that's different than any other part of the country. It just may be that around major cities it's more intense and has more extremes.

Hell think of how different each college town is. Davis is very different from Berkeley even though they have a lot of similarities. All the college areas have their own vibe.

16. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

SF has no Black district anymore. The Filmore district is so gentried no Black person had live there in 30 years. I would not set foot in SF since Amsterdam is for everybody and if SF cared so much they would drive down the rent prices to rock bottom. If there any IR they are livin large in live elsewhere like the atheltes of the sports teams there. As for Berkley,it is another planet and still livin large. Their rent prices are the same as SF.

17. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

SD probably hasn't changed much since you've been here lol. I'm sure it's grown a lot, but the feel has always been the same, imo. I think I take for granted sometimes how generally calm and welcoming SD is. Definitely much different than LA lol.

Why aren't you much of a fan of Monterey any longer? I haven't been in many many years so I'm just wondering what's changed? My aunt lives there still and seems to like it but I'm sure it's different than when I was there last. I have ex-family in Truckee so I can certainly vouch for California having vast differences between even the northern areas! I like touristy SF areas but haven't ventured much beyond that. My few travels through California always leave me aching to come home to SD.

18. K

K Well-Known Member

It's hard to explain. I used to always feel like it was a place I wanted to be. I had a good enough time, got some really good shots too, but I was more than ready to go home and would have gladly gone home a day/night early even. In thinking about it, it could be partly because I was there on a weekend and typically I would have been there during the week. It was also a big weekend for the area.

I went to San Juan Bautista, Castroville, Carmel Valley, Carmel (they were having a big anniversary event), Asilomar, and Monterey.

19. samson1701

This is funny to me. Coming the Detroit area to Socal. I love it here. But, I'm like a hunned years old. So, what I like about it, you may not.

20. 4north1side2

My observations of San Francisco

San Francisco is touted as a liberal welcoming city but blacks are not welcomed, they are tolerated. I don't want to call it racism but I can't find a better word to describe it. Unlike Midwest and the south they rather guise racism as preference but when you see the work force and where blacks rank inside, you know what's up.

For a city this large, seeing black men in IR relationships is kinda rare. Certain Asian men do be eating out here with white women and latinas. It actually brings a smile to my face to see them winning.

People love mustangs and caramels out here. Seeing a challenger is rare. I've seen more Bentley s and Ferraris than those.

Women seem to get attached very quickly out here. Men are constantly pressuringwomen into relationships but have no intention of being faithful.

People are very tall here. I've seen so many women 5'10" and taller.

The women here are very slender... My white coworkers love it and have heart attacks over all these girls. I like slender women but I love curves so Ithick and chubby chicks catch my attention first. If you want curves, you have to date a very a short dam near midget.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016