Brothas: Do some of your boys give you crap?

Discussion in 'Dealing with Prejudice' started by Iggy, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Iggy

Iggy Banned

Just curious if some of your buddies(other black guys) give you a hard time about dating strictly white girls.

Some of them have given me props(a couple of them are in relationships with bw). But some jokingly call me a "sell out" and other crap like that. Nothing really mean but they will bust my balls from time to time.

2. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

I wish a muthafucka would.

3. Iggy

Iggy Banned

haha

4. z

z Well-Known Member

Yawn!

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

All day but nobody can stop me from doing my thing lol

6. Espy

Espy New Member

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Tony Soprano again.

7. AdventurSum

AdventurSum New Member

i cannot relate. i do not, nor would i ever, limit myself to just one type of woman to date.

and for the record, if your friends are talkin shit on your name like calling you a sell-out... you have wack ass friends. destroy and rebuild. align yourself with quality in life.

8. FG

FG Well-Known Member

ahmen!

9. KingAesop

KingAesop Active Member

There comes a time in life when people have to make decisions that work for them. Choosing a woman is one of them. What's the point in waiting for the "Right" black woman when you have the "Right" woman sitting right there next to you? That "Right" woman might just be a white woman. Those naysayers need to go kick rocks or find something else to do instead of worrying about what I do. Yes I have expressed my interest in white women, and yes I have received criticism for it. And no, it doesn't affect me because no one has the right to tell a man who he should go home to every night. We are all God's children for Christ's sake!!! Geez!

10. karmacoma.

karmacoma. Well-Known Member

If anything brothas will ask you how you got your girl and where they can meet one. Never heard of some dude giving you shit for dating white women. Unless their black women are around.

11. Inner Beauty

Inner Beauty New Member

LOL....

:smt038

12. yaj152

yaj152 Member

Nope I don't have problems. If they do have problems they must keep it to themselves because I don't hear it back from them. People both good and bad come in all colors. I am more concerned with what kind of person she is and if I am happy with her. If I had a friend who was pissed off just because I was dating a white woman and had no other good reason they wouldn't be my friend for much longer.

I would understand if my friend said hey I think your girl is cheating or I think she is bad news because of a legit real reason. I wouldn't like it if they just decided to talk trash just because of her race.

People are funny like that though. A lot of these same people that talk trash will go behind your back will do some of the same things they accuse you of doing or worse. But they get a pass on it because they have one set of codes / standards for themselves and another set for everyone else.

13. Iggy

Iggy Banned

Damn. It really isnt THAT serious. A lot of the time they do it jokingly (just giving me a hard time, hence thats why I said they like to bust my balls). My buddies and I joke around with eachother all the time.

It never gets heated or super serious. Just wondering if anyone else gets a hard time sometimes regarding who they date.

14. Inner Beauty

Inner Beauty New Member

But that's kind of fucked up to play like that. I know they're your friends and all, but it obviously must be somewhat of an issue deep down if you made a thread about it.

They're either jealous or serious haters, especially since they play like THAT.

15. SmoothDaddy101

SmoothDaddy101 Well-Known Member

They're jealous, serious haters.

16. Inner Beauty

Inner Beauty New Member

LOL....that sounds better

17. Espy

Espy New Member

I think they're probably imaginary.

18. SmoothDaddy101

The op is believed to be blacgrl reincarnated.

19. Espy

Espy New Member

This I know Smooth, hence the suggestion that 'his' male friends that are giving him shit about being with WW are imaginary. Iggy has posted entirely too many veiled negative comments about WW to escape notice. We're too smart for that crap around here. ;)

20. SmoothDaddy101

Its a damn shame these people have nothing better to do with their time.