Black Rifle versus Starbucks: Veterans versus Refugees

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Feb 4, 2017.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Let's be fair it was most not all. There are a lot of allies out there

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Damn if I pay that to be crowded and cold, and that dirty ass beach water.......lol

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

If you learned why the freeze is in effect, it was clearly stated to take inventory of all jobs to weed out duplicate positions. You know, like hiring someone to peel the stamp and another to lick it.

'The freeze will ..end once the Office of Management and Budget creates a "long-term plan to reduce the size of the Federal Government's workforce through attrition....It ensures the American taxpayers get effective and efficient government."
    Exemptions: military, public safety and public health jobs."

Secondly, per the "worldwide hiring" 'clarification.'
    Starbucks in 2016, increased their gobal store count to aprox 24,000 , with approx 11,000 of those stores located in just three main markets:

the Americas: Canada, Latin America,and the US;

China and Asia Pacific (CAP);

The Middle East and Africa (EMEA).

Looks like Seoul has the most in the international sector..aka Refugee capital...not.

Starbucks U.S market alone however, represents the most stores - almost 12,000.

So either they plan to hire one refugee for every international store, or divvy iit up - half international, and half domestic -
    In which case, that would mean. one refugee hired in every two stores.

So that means at the least, 5000 American Vets are bypassed here, in favor of a refugee.

You can also examine the international markets and check how many of those countries are accepting "Muslim Refugees" that Starbucks plans to hire since their pop-up Refugee Initiative was borne from Trump's so-salled "Muslim ban".

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Got damn.....lol. I hope Trump don't ask you to kill anyone.

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Nope. That means nothing to her. Dildo, as a black woman, wants to remind the men here that WW are the enemy. That's why she picked a BW holding that sign in front of WW at the Woman's March.

Btw, which is it? If "most White women voted for Trump", as you say how then are "a lot" allies? It's oxymoronic in content, lol.

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Huh?
    What is that supposed to mean?

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

How does that work for you irl? Lol.

Ever dye your hair blond just for kicks?

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Let me ask you..as a mother, is your child's life not more valuable to you when it comes to resources and care, over others?
    I don't see you picking up the tab of your neighbor's child?
    While most everyone in theory wants to help everyone regardless, in practicality, that's impossible. That's why ideologically, the Left is doomed. There is a limit to resources and at some point, a cut off must be instituted. Your children come first, Raider. You can certainly help others out and even deprive your child for a while, but you would not let your child starve to feed the child of another mother who could feed them, but who decided they wanted to take your child's food instead.

I use that analogy for you to understand the Geneva agreement on Refugee Asylum-seekers, which is the first safe country that a Refugee arrives at, that Country is obligated to house them provided they meet the requirements of need.
    Not use that safe country as a holding spot to whisk over to America. The desperate and the needy fleeing danger don't get to demand countries. And if America is kind enough to open her door if there is availability, then they should be thoroughly vetted, and no American should be rioting to bypass that.

9. The Dark King

Do you know what oxymoron means?
    Of course the majority can vote for Trump and there can be a lot of allies. 52 out of a hundred women can vote for Trump and 48 can protest. The majority in that situation voted

10. The Dark King

Lol great entertainment and food though

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Hahaha! True......just thinking out loud....lol. Imagine New York with all of them people and no entertainment, that would be some scary shit.....lol.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  12. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

You're right, I would never starve my child and offer their food to another. I get your point but I have to believe that if everyone came together we COULD help everyone. I wouldn't starve my child but I'd have no issue taking a bit from all three of my children to feed another child in need. I understand where you're coming from, I just think as a whole, we can do better.

13. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Why do you guys keep arguing with her? You post easily verified fact after verified fact in response to her conservabullshit and yet she doesn't acknowledge she's wrong. She just trolling us. She has to be. No one could be that willingly ... obtuse. This is fun for her and you guys fall for it each time. ...lol

14. The Dark King

Don't let her fool you there is enough some people hoard 1000 times more than they'll ever need but we focus on the desperate. Don't fall for it

15. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Yup.

If you make $250K and are struggling to stay above water in NYC, you might need to move to New Jersey/Bronx/Queens and commute to work.
    Wealth and income are so upside down in Manhattan and NYC in general, now I know why you see so many ex-New Yorkers who leave and move down South and the Midwest.

The quality of life just isn't worth it unless you're making high six figures and above IMO.

I couldn't bring myself to sink $4K a month into rent that I'll never see again just for the privilege of living in NYC.

16. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Think about how much food restaurants and grocery stores throw out single EVERY SINGLE DAY. It's just so crazy how much waste there is in this country, and it's built into the system.
    This country produces more than enough food not to ever have a hungry mouth in the USA, and still people go to bed at night without a meal.

17. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

"Rich" is a subjective term. It means different things to different people. Same thing with the term "middle class." However, this idea being perpetrated that people who make six figure salaries in major urban areas are struggling to get by is laughable.

People making over $200K a year are the top seven percent of earners in NYC. It's not enough money to buy a penthouse overlooking Central Park or a private island, but they're doing a fuck of al lot better than the vast majority of the population in the country.

[​IMG]

18. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Don't forget that about half the eligible voters in this country didn't even bother to vote. So you gotta factor that in.

19. The Dark King

I live here and the cost of living is vastly different than most places. Yeah at 250k you keep about 150k after taxes and spend about 25k to 50k on rent depending on how much you want to commute and how safe you prefer your area to be. Most people making that kind of money literally work around the clock. You start your day at 7 or 8 and don't leave the office till 8 or 9 some bankers and corporate lawyers work later because certain markets don't open until 2am but they're allowed to come in a little later like 10. So because of that the majority of your meals are take out so probably 60 bucks a day so around 20k a year in food costs. Not to mention most people in those positions usually heavy student loan debt ranging anywhere between 50k to 200k for an MBA Law Degree Medical degree etc.
    People tell me they usually pay around 500 a month for their loans and that's the low end so another 6k a year.
    Also because people work so much they are prone to use cabs and uber to get around another 500 to 1k a month in transportation. I could go on but I think you get the drift

20. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

I'm not arguing that 250K doesn't go as far in NYC as it does in Omaha, Nebraska. That much is obvious.

Median income in NYC is just above $50K.

https://project.wnyc.org/median-income-nabes/

That means that HALF of the people in the city are earning under $50,000 annually.

A $250K+ salary is still on the high end of income in NYC.You said that doesn't make people "rich." It sure as shit doesn't make them working class either. The vast majority of people who live in the city aren't getting by on anywhere near as much money.

People are deluded about when it means to be "wealthy."

The fact that a person can't afford a Trump Tower sub-penthouse suite and a weekend house in the Hamptons does not meant that they aren't well off by comparison to the majority of the population.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017