Man Hits Woman - Was he Right ? Or Wrong ?

Discussion in 'In the News' started by FromUKNHereToPlay, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Privilege comes from power. You're missing the point.

2. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Yes, and this is part of what I mean when I say... "We (as a group) have to do better". I'm always appreciative of non-blacks who recognize and admit that we're still not on a level playing field, but we (again, as a group) also have to get serious and do our part. One huge issue is that such a statement will often get you labelled as an uncle Tom or sellout.

3. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

The way I see it, this incident, and others like it, just make it all the more important to help mentor young Black men. I have mentioned before that I coach my son's club basketball team, and there are multiple boys on that team who see in me for the first time a positive male role model who genuinely cares about them, holds them accountable, does not stand for any lazy, bad attitude, unproductive behavior ect., These boys have a deep need for that kind of mentor-ship and guidance. I have even run afoul of some of the mothers who think I am being "too hard on them" at times. I simply tell them that I am not just coaching X's and O's, i'm preparing them for life. I will use this article tonight at practice as a cautionary tale of letting emotions override intelligence and the lifelong consequences that can result.

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

That doesn't require segregation. (not saying you agree on segregation) In fact if we segregate without changing our way of thinking not much will get accomplished.

We need to see what needs to be done, agree on it, implement a plan, and stay focus on getting it done.

5. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Have you been keeping up with news on the just newly incorporated Atlanta suburb Stonecrest?

https://twitter.com/ATLBlackStar/status/820664804843130881
    [​IMG]
    http://atlantablackstar.com/2017/01...can-american-community-seeks-self-governance/

[​IMG] They just announced last week they're building a new Stadium & Sports complex:
    http://www.ajc.com/news/local-govt-...plex-built-stonecrest/Stu1VgHuWy8ZC3CPW19YaJ/

6. DudeNY12

Yes, I don't feel like segregating will help at all. Our priorities tend to be poor, and we make poor life choices which are often short-sighted. We need to seriously value education, and instill it in our children. We'll spend hundreds of dollars on the latest trend for us and our children, but we won't pay for a SAT/ACT prep course, tutoring and so on for our children who may be in need. We'll buy a luxury brand car, a big house in an area with a bad school district, but we won't buy an inexpensive car and modest house in an area with a high achieving school district. We'll drop money to have the biggest TV in the neighborhood, but we won't contribute extra money to our 401k or college fund for our children. Some of my own relatives have disappointed me recently. Some months ago one day I decided to text my niece (a nursing major in her sophomore year) to learn that she was on a bus traveling to Philly to get her hair done (for no good reason other than "it was time") when her study group was meeting that weekend to prepare for a big exam. My nephew who is 22 y/o barely has a dime to his name, but he's going around proudly wearing his pants and shirt in such a way that everyone can see his Burberry belt. This sort of stuff infuriates me because we as a group are often perpetrating as if we've arrived, and the sad truth is.... we barely have a pot to piss in.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  7. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Huge man takes raider's advice of pushing aggressive much smaller woman away, gets knocked the fuck out by the same woman a few seconds later as result.

:D

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  8. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Completely ignorant behavior aside, if he was smart he would not have turned his back to her, allowing her the chance to blindside him like a coward. Regardless, based on this video, if he filed charges against her for assault, he could have a credible case.

9. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Damn, slumped his ass. What a cunt

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Reminded me of this

[​IMG]

12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

This.

Frankly, he didn't contain her and them he immediately turned his back on her. Foolish on his part in the midst of mayhem. I also believe she got in a lucky shot based on theit size differential.
    Bottom line, this was an anomaly and a weak argument towards justifying cold-cocking women in general.

13. DudeNY12

Agreed! While I don't condone him striking her... The wise thing for him to do is get away from her, while keeping her in his sight.

14. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

You're a dork lol. My stance has always been that someone of considerable size should work to restrain the other, not necessarily push the other, so don't blame what happened on my advice because he didn't follow it lol.

15. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Don't turn your back on a hoodrat, or anyone for that matter.

Funniest quote of the video, "help me up mane".

16. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

lol I'm just fucking with you. Honestly that could of easily been me knocked the fuck out, I tend to let my guard down just like him by making short sighted assumptions.

I read this with Terrance Howard's voice in mind lol

17. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

HAHAaaaa!
    :D He was looking at his boys like "why y'all didn't help me?"
    [​IMG]

18. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

So feminist groups are pressuring the NFL to not have Joe Mixon drafted in the NFL? I've mentioned before that historically that feminist groups have used BM as boogeymen to get funding & laws passed. This looks like another example.

19. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Feminists don't even give a fuck about black feminists. They just hate BM more.

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

"Protection for the complexion"?
    Oh really?
    What complexion was this woman who also apparently "spat" in his face (so he says)