Bill Cosby Rape Accusations

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ra, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

As much as I love Canada, the tax rate for my income range would be EXORBITANT! Universal healthcare does not come cheap. The grass is not always greener my friend.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat as you and honestly I think more about the possibility of civil war at worst or a coercive police state at least.

3. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Before my in-laws retired, they were paying close to 50% in income taxes including capital gains, that would drive me insane, I will take my chances here, mid-term elections are not far away...

4. The Dark King

We must be watching different politics.
    The GOP has power now. They will NEVER give it up. They'll watch the country consumed by war first. They've made it crystal clear fuck the people even their constituents.

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Maybe work in Europe and do most of your investments in the US. If you don't move the money over there they cant tax it.

6. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

We will have to agree to disagree here TDK, There were many saying the same thing after Reagan, and Bush were elected. The GOP is trying to push an agenda that i think will generate a massive backlash, especially if their version of health care reform (created in complete privacy, something they savaged Obama for doing, even though Obama broadcasted live on C-Span some of the negotiations of the ACA) passes.

Both parties will continue to gain and lose favor as the years roll by, recently I have become more interested in this movement, http://www.centristproject.org/

"OUR HACK TO THE SYSTEM.
    The Centrist Project aims to strategically elect independent candidates to office who can break through political gridlock and serve as a voice for all those in the sensible center –– not as a traditional third party, but as America’s first Unparty.

Our “Fulcrum Strategy” is focused on electing a sufficient number of these candidates to closely divided legislatures like the US Senate where, as a swing coalition, they can deny both parties an outright majority and use their disproportionate influence to forge real solutions.

It’s a tangible, achievable plan that can have a major political impact –– and it begins with you."

7. The Dark King

Like you said we can agree to disagree because I've never seen such evil in the GOP before and what's worst is tens of millions support their evil. They have complete and total power over the country. A party who's entire agenda is selfish and destructive will never concede power. Why should They?
    Democrats are utterly weak and pathetic and their supporters will back them up till the end. We're at a point where genocide is likely and will be supported while "centrist " continue to debate and "liberals" complain.
    For guys like us who've "made it" it can seem far fetched but it's clear as day to me.

8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

There is a lot to consider. You dont just move to another country without thinking it through. Even moving to another state is another level than just being on your own. Being somewhere thats largely unknown to you while being immersed into another culture with no family around is quite different than living in your hometown. It takes motivation to get out there and work it all. New job or business, new friends, new environment, new reality and a new you.

Thats right, even you must change.

9. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Dru Story News dropped a new video last week:

10. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Nah, it's not so dificult. I picked up and moved from Michigan to Southern California back in '07. Wasn't that bad. Lived in my van for a quick minute and rose up from there. Didn't know anyone. But, I made it work.

Was going to do the same in '95 or so back in Germany. But, didn't because I couldn't leave my mother alone with her declining health. But, I would've made that work, too. Had I stayed.

It just takes the willingness to start over. But, I can see how it would be hard for some. Especially, if one has a geography specific caterer or deep familial ties. Neither are issues for me anymore.

At some point I'll move again unless I can make more money. To live how I want, in Socal, is very expensive. So, that may drive me to another state or country if I can swing it. Still trying to decide if I'm going to read into the law. If, I do, that would keep me here because there aren't many states that I could practice in with that kind of legal training.

As long as everything is wheelchair accessible, I have good, reliable internet service and a warm climate, I think can make almost anywhere work.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Lived in NC, VA, Ohio, GA, and FL. Never said it was difficult, but it should be thought out. It should be something you really want.

I've never moved because I thought my current state or area was going down the drain. I moved because it was something I wanted. So the change was not difficult.

12. The Dark King

When y'all talk like this i start thinking of ways or opportunities to get guys like you money. That I'll do anything and go anywhere mentality is rare. I respect it so much. Need more dudes like y'all.

13. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Yeah, you're right. Wanting to relocate vs. needing to because shit is so bad, would make things harder.

But, bruh, tell the truth; you hated OH didn't you? ...lol

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Lol. I probably would hate it now, but at the time it suited me well. It was cool that the women loved my southern accent. Not only that but the people there thought highly of southerners in general.

Although Cleveland was very segregated, downtown Cleveland was a great place to party. You had the "warehouse district" and the "flats" both were off the chain and it wasn't hard to meet pretty ww there. The west side had plenty of white and Rican women. The Rican festivals were off the chain. It was also cool to be able to visit plenty of northern cities while there.

I sometimes miss the hot corned beef sandwiches, polishboys, and the hot tamales. The hot tamale man is a legend there...lol. My favorite Chinese restaurant ever is there. Those people didn't give a fuck what we did. It was a restaurant/bar with great food, and they didn't even care if you lit up a joint or two....lol.

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Actually VA is the only place I hated. It's a cultureless shithole. The beach is all they have and its mediocre at that.

I traveled most of the time that I lived there. That's where I had most of my fun. Its not hard to entertain out of town company there but other than that it can kick rocks.

16. MightyLighty

MightyLighty Well-Known Member

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

18. ColiBreh1

19. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

20. ColiBreh1

Had to bump this thread because the Cosby retrial started a week or 2 ago. Cosby has a new lawyer in this trial, Tom Mesereau. The same dude who was Michael Jackson's Lawyer for MJ's 2004 trial.

Based on what I've been reading following this retrial through smaller independent media outlets like www.yc.news (as opposed to MSM outlets), this trial is looking to play out like MJ's 2004 trial all over again.

This just happened in the last couple hours: http://www.yc.news/2018/04/16/exclusive-andrea-constand-served-with-subpoena-after-exiting-courtroom

From last week:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/bill-cosby-accuser-admits-concocting-story-memoir/story?id=54417214

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List