Bill Cosby Rape Accusations

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ra, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

2. goodlove

goodlove New Member

3. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Sad to hear these accusations. :(

4. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

I wondered if anyone was going to post this...it's just sad...I am a Cosby fan...I just don't understand the why...the power trip...this will certainly ruin his legacy...all those years...repeat offender...buying his way out of trpuble...hush money...he was was big on preaching about the black community and this is the example he presents...pitiful

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

If it is true fine prosecute but you have to wonder why now?
    Why all of sudden was it so necessary to come forward?
    Did the hush money run out?
    I know men with money can be dispicable as fuck but it is weird to see allegations coming out 20 years after the fact.

6. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Oh this came out years ago that he did this ..the reason it came up again is a comic went in on cosby about being a rapist

7. The Dark King

Interesting, but I wonder if it had any real legs why it didn't make the news heavy like it is now.

8. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I wonder if this is picking up steam as a result of all of his pronouncements about the moral failings of the black urban working class.

9. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Haha I was just about to say something similar

He wasn't lying though and the fact that so many people could shun him as a result, shows you how comfortable they are with being ignorant

The man challenges you to rise above the bullshit and better yourself, and you turn your back on him? Sounds legit

I know here in philly he was a part of a program that encouraged youth to embrace school

They had ads promoting attendance, learning etc

But you got a lot of knuckleheads with knucklehead parents who just spit on opportunity and look to blame someone else

Pathetic

I grew up in the projects but that never stopped me from isolating myself from the dumbshit so that I could better my condition

I didn't just sit back and embrace thug behavior while blaming 'whitey' for everything

Back to Cosby tho...I seen some articles and posts condemning the man for lecturing blacks while he had his own dirt

Rape is an awful thing and if he's done that...he's an animal

But fact remains that he is one of the few who wants to see us do better in America as a group, instead of continuing on a decline

10. The Dark King

Sp you're of the pull yourself up by the bootstrap mentality huh

11. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

True, and that comic who started this mess did not do nothing for the community. Cos has been a icon for more than 50 years and he is not a house slave compared to Clarence Thomas,Thomas Sowell,and others. Plus,he had done tv shows that has positive images of Black family life. He helped fund Melvin Van Peebles' Sweet Sweetback Badass Song. Cos is a legend and will stay that way regardless.

12. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I do believe that if you want to succeed, you are responsible for putting in an effort

It's like praying to god and expecting everything to happen once he gets off his ass, while you sit on yours

There are tons of people where they are today because of a lack of effort

I seen it every gotdamn day in school and around the area

13. The Dark King

Agreed but what I look at the systemic problem that exists I can't just write it off to laziness. Some people just get a bad hand dealt to them from the gate and its unfair and unrealistic to assume everyone can Usain Bolt type will power to make it out of poverty.
    The bigger issue is being blamed and penalized for mediocrity when I have seen a shit ton of mediocre ass people living off the work of people who came before them. Most poor minorities don't have that luxury coupled with awful education systems from the time these kids are little along with being more likely to be suspended or expelled for the same behavior their non poor counterparts get a pass for.
    The problem is so complex and it is easy to say hey just get your shit together and act right. But not every human is born with that inclination, its not natural to all not to mention not all home circumstances are equal. I grew up around so many kids who got to go to better colleges than I did and not because they were smarter but their parents could afford multiple tutors and expensive SAT prep classes. We weren't playing on the same field at all.
    It's important to step back and look at the whole thing.

14. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

SAT prep courses and tutors are/were free in philadelphia public schools

All you do is add sat prep to your roster or sign up to to be tutored if you want extra help

Don't get me started on programs offered at philadelphia community college

I don't know how things happen in Yonkers...shit sounds pretty grabass

More info

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/top-lists/top-act-and-sat-prep-in-philadelphia/

Pay close attention to where it says FREE

some knuckleheads still won't apply themselves

15. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Looking at the link I posted, I'm disappointed

I had access to sat courses in my school in the 90s, but didn't have places like university of penn offering their upward bound program

I was definitely the first in my family to attend college and could have benefitted from it

The program, judging from their list, targets rough schools in low income areas

I recognize those names defo lol

16. The Dark King

I took a free SAT prep course and that shit is nothing compared to the Kaplan course I paid 3k to take the GMAT fam. I hear you, there are definitely untapped resources but by the time they get to that point where those services might be helpful the education system has already failed them. I do appreciate the fact dudes like you can say fuck it and focus but I just remember so many upper middle class/rich kids I went to school who constantly went to summer school because they refused to study and repeated classes like chemistry and english two or three times and laughed about it while they got into decent schools because someone in their family had the cash to drop on four years at a spot like Villanova. I guess we see it from two different sides because I've seen too many people skate by mediocre as fuck but never had to answer for it because they were privileged.
    Me and friend recently talked about that at our office, all of the minorities went to top tier schools for either undergrad or grad but the white males in particular went to shitty ass state schools, I'm talking like UC everyone's safety school or the community college pipeline and still got a decent job. And to be fair a lot of those dudes know their shit and couldn't stay here if they weren't bringing in money but minorities (black,Indian, Asian, Hispanic whatever) have show they're smart with multiple degrees before they're taken seriously.

17. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Dunno I went to 'lowly' penn state for a lousy semester, where my gpa was 1.75 and doctors from u of penn, Johns Hopkins, (insert random ivy school here) take me pretty seriously

I mean fuck they actually attempt to make eye contact with me in the hallway

That means something right

:smt037

18. The Dark King

You big and black they're just sizing you up for cuckold duty homie lol.
    But real talk try to get a corporate job and you'll see what I mean. It's really crazy, I honestly didn't go to the best school. I went to states schools for both undergrad and grad but I'm lucky enough to have a financial background and one of the few weirdos to be interested enough to follow cryptocurrencies in their infancy. A lot of this shit is luck, I can admit that.

19. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Basically you could have ended countless back and forth by stating that much earlier

But

Yeah

From what I read in the past, going to a top tier b-school or law school really improved ur chances in a highly competitive market

In some fields tho, it really doesn't matter where you went to school as much as it matters in those fields

Wharton is top dog around here and grads are usually set for life just on name alone

I won't ever downplay the impact it would have to go there versus penn state, Drexel, or gotdamn community college lol

Your father better be the CEO of a business

20. The Dark King

No my dad is a engineer, orginally a carpenter in Jamaica but came here drove cabs got his education and ended up working on stealth bombers in the early 90s which lead him to a job at Pitney Bowes working on commercial airplanes.
    I actually got my job because a friend I went to school with is a broker and heard that his company was going to expand in the cryptos mainly bitcoin and knew I was really into it. So I went for drinks with and one of the managing partners. Long story short I didn't get that job but I made an impression and got an interview at a smaller firm which is challenging but its where I want to be. And trust me there is A LOT of hustling but luckily its a market I am very familiar with. Hopefully things take off the way I have been praying about because I just want to go off the grid and start a farm.... with my Tesla of course lol