Beyond the Point of No Return

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Blacktiger2005, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Blacktiger2005

Blacktiger2005 Well-Known Member

I keep hearing from those who say we (United States) is in decline and that we are at the point of no return to being the economic superpower we once were with the loss of our manufacturing base, our children (next generation) not getting the degree of academic knowledge and skills for the new jobs of the future, and that we are politically so divided that we as a country cannot get anything done anymore as compromise is a thing of the past. With other countries challenging the United States on so many fronts economically, scientifically, technologically, and educationally for their citizens (key) for a nation to compete, do you feel that the U.S. is a dying superpower or will be before this century is out. I know it's tricky to predict the future, but is the U.S. beyond the point of no return? -Blacktiger

2. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I don't know about being at the point if no return, but we're definitely in a steep nose dive.

If we don't get the money out of our political system soon, we're doomed.

3. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I don't think the nation as an enterprise is doomed, but I think we are in for sharply diverging fortunes as wealth inequality intensifies and the perpetual underclass grows. Every non-skilled job that pays above a poverty wage is doomed, barring some sort of collective action.

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Unfortunately we are being anchored by idiot conservatives who refuse to see what's going on. They'd rather blame minorities and build walls. If only we were all the same ethnicity.

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Not even that. If everyone would subscribe to the same anti-intellectual ideology America would be great, because it would be us against the world and America is always right no matter what.

6. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Right! They won't be happy until everything is privatized, more and more tax cuts, everything deregulated, no protectionsr/rights for minority groups, women and so on.

7. The Dark King

But the absolutely mind boggling thing is they want to cut things they use and help them. Damn these politicians played these dummies like a harp from hell.

8. The Dark King

Dude how we as minorities and intellectual continue to stay here makes no sense. At this point we should be leaving in droves.

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Leaving, nope. Collaborating more aka group economics, yes.

10. The Dark King

lol when have you ever seen anything resembling that in this country in our lifetime. We are in the era of individualism. Every man for himself and fuck you if you try to tell me differently. Successful people pull themselves up by the bootstraps boy.
    I'd have to see it to believe it

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

how is going to another country going to fix that?? We have to fix our mentalities here first.

12. The Dark King

I guess because I come from immigrants I see the value in leaving when shit won't change. Most of us here because I our ancestors parent country sucked.
    If it were simply just us I'd agree but you can fix stupid fam.

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I see your point, but now you see that it's going to suck anywhere where we don't practice group economics. ( I'm sure Jamaica's problem is a bit different tho)

It's not quite as simple as fixing stupid. Smart blacks are just as guilty because it takes work to reach out to one another. Taking the path of least resistance is the worst path in this case.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  14. missshyness

missshyness Active Member

It sure does feel that way at times, might be a stretch to say, but if america keeps going the way it is, and if we end with Trump and other presidents like him, America may end up becoming a third world country, maybe not right away but in decades to come.

It is getting some problems like third world countries; big gaps in economic equality, corruption, infrastructure breaking down, more unskilled workforce, pollution and so on.

15. The Dark King

That's not necessarily true, I spend a lot of time in Canada and they're just different fam, same thing in places like Finland and Iceland. There isn't this same level of all corrupting greed and every man for himself mentality. Not to mention the country wide acceptance of police brutality and corporate elites constantly stealing from the people with the government's help.
    It's sickening and I don't know about you but I am so tired of feeling like a second class citizen in a country I've contributed to my entire life just because of my skin tone. At the very least in other parts of the world I may be black but it doesn't come with the same bs we get here. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't see an unrelenting effort by dumb people to keep shit the way it is. Absolutely no self awareness, no desire to research anything, just a bunch of dumb fucks anchoring everyone else down with their unsupported rhetoric and unbridled racism/sexism/homophobia. We can't pretend that culture doesn't play a part, too many Americans choose stupid and double down like their lives depend on it.

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Only about 2.5 percent of Canadians are black. I can show you some places down south were You would really enjoy life as a black man. Because people tend to be more friendly towards blacks when we are scarce. ie Australia. ( even tho I would be cautious about that place)

What I'm saying is if the population of those places had a higher percentage of black people like US cities then it wouldn't be much different than here.

Sure go ahead and go to Canda, but instead of encouraging more blacks to follow, you better hope they don't unless you all have the mindset of group economics.

It is true that the culture here is lacking in quite a few areas, I'm not disputing that. All I'm saying is that numbers play a huge roll in additudes about race.

17. The Dark King

I think culture is a bigger issue, a country that makes efforts to take care of its people and educate them is far less likely to be assholes about race

18. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

You guys made some good points, but this I think is absolutely key. It's smart (and I think common sense) for a country to truly care for it's people. Of course to want that in the US... You get negative labels, and accused of "wanting free stuff/looking for a handout".

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

You don't think the culture would be different if we were not here? Lol. Where do you think our white population comes from?

Funny how all of their ancestors come from Europe and over 90 percent of those countries have a better culture than here. Lol

Funny coincidence.

20. The Dark King

Because it's not simply race. It's so much deeper than that. For one those other countries don't have a history of slavery the same way we do here. They didn't have their laws centered around race like we did. Reminds me of that prison experiment we learned about in college. It first just change the prisoners it changes the guards. It's totally reflected in our media and entertainment. European and Canadian news doesn't do 24 hour fear monger campaigns like we do here of the "other:, they don't make a huge deal of making interracial couples in their art the way we do here. Of course it's not perfect but by every metric of decency they are better. Our white population has gone through centuries of divide and conquer tactics based on race. Their government and culture has embedded a deep fear of brown in their psyche since day one. In other countries it's more religious focusing on radical Islam. Which at least makes more sense since as a community they close themselves off and actually do shit to the general public. It's not right but at least I can see a clear line of logic as to why they fear them. If them assimilate people are usually find with them. Here we damn near create all the popular culture really only hurt ourselves and no one else yet there is this palpable fear and hatred based on nothing we've actually done.