Beyonce and Colorism

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Thump, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Another example: I like to watch Nigerian comedy sometimes. I have noticed almost every Nigerian comedian makes jokes about Oyinbos (white people). It's ok, I can laugh about it. But let some white comedian stand up and start making jokes about black people. The racism cries will come immediately.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Lmao this guy. Ok

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

That's racial ignorance. You have to understand that in any country where you are the majority the minority will always be treated indifferent if that majority put any kind of system in place to benefit the majority and disenfranchise the minority. The minority holds no power over those that are in control. I'm not going to assume much about Nigeria, but in her culture that may have been the ideology set in the blithely ignorant minds by those that are willfully ignorant to those outside of their culture. In this world you have those that are willfully ignorant and those that are blithely ignorant. The willful ignorant teaches the blithely. But she can assume all she wants, she can't prove it, take it away from you, make laws, put it in European schools or "blackwash" it in European films because she is of the minority with no power. She is telling her views from her culture where if that where you were it would be racist, because now you have been more than just offended but disenfranchised, oppressed.

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Last time i checked culture lines don't exist on a map.

5. Madeleine

Nobody was oppressed in that context. She lives in her country where her people are in power, I live in mine. She made a racist comment based on her perceived cultural superiority. When I go to Nigeria I should try telling people "*You are good at xyz for a black person" and see what happens.
    How is she of the minority with no power? She lives in Nigeria. Nigeria has the largest GDP in Africa. They make their own curriculum at school. They have their own.movie industry. Germany doesn't go in their to mess with there interior issues. So those arguments just don't work in that context, which was exactly my point.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  6. darkcurry

That doctrine wasn't meant to be used against anybody with white skin. Remember these are terms that was later described, which described the practices of white supremacy. Before those terms that was just life. Even some of the white people that fought against the way black people were treated still referred to them as niggers or against IR relationships and still believed they should be slaves because that is all they knew about black people.

When black people in th eU.S. try to exercise that doctrine it will come with very little support and affect, which is why it is more bigotry than anything. Nothing in the law supports racism against white people which is why they were so quick to label The Black Panther Party racist and go after so-called "Black Identity Extremist" because of those hate crimes commited against white cops than they are against the murders of unarmed black people and other people of color.

When black people try that racism shit on white people, they will and have struck the black community with their racism to show us who's in control here. Which is why it is so stupid when black people even try it.

7. darkcurry

All of that is unneeded because I was under the assumption when you said that she is in YOUR country telling you that. So I'm confused with your example now. She is of the minority if she is in Germany.

8. Madeleine

She lives in Nigeria. She was in Germany only for a visit.

9. K

K Well-Known Member

So Japanese Americans, Mexican Americans (whatever other ethnic groups) who say and do things against other groups are not racist?

10. darkcurry

Then her comments were racist if that is how Nigeria feels about white women or her culture she grew up in does.

11. Madeleine

Exactly. So black people can be racist.

12. darkcurry

Depends are they a bigger group than black people in America? Do they have the systemic racism in the justice system on their side? When black people do racist things to benefit and further advance themselves pass white people along with anyone else who wants to try that on white people in America we seen what happens. So it is easy to call someone racist as I have called black people racist before, but that is on the surface and exist on the surface, when you go deeper into the ideology of racism there's more to it than the definition.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  13. darkcurry

Yes. lol. Never said they couldn't am I getting lost in translation here? Anywhere you are the minority against the majority it is tough to use their practices against them. That is why I think of black people in countries like America as bigots than racist. Same shit(racial ignorance.) but on different levels.

14. Madeleine

There we go again . Bullshit alarm in the other corner. Am getting somewhat tired of it.

15. z

z Well-Known Member

Correction
    The south begins at the Canadian border

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Good point but I'd rather live in Europe than there. For one thing Canada has shitty whisky. America, Europe and Japan does it right. Everyone else whiskey taste like trash.

17. z

z Well-Known Member

You got your priorities right, choosing a country by their whisky, lol... I a'int mad at you, do you bro

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Lol.

We first world my brother. Seriously tho, have you ever relocated and later started missing your favorite restaurants? When you got home you tried to hit all your favorite spots? Its a similar experience. Sometimes people overseas just wish they had a cheeseburger from their favorite spot. Somethings you don't appreciate until its very scarce or gone.

19. bilbo

bilbo Active Member

Agreed, Lupita is stunningly beautiful and Amara la Negra is killing it also.

20. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member