Some things that can harm us are furthest from our minds... 1. I admit, l've always kept these sprays uptop my stove, or near above it. Never gave it a second thought. Will now... ( tell ya Grandma too! <3) Cooking spray can explodes, burning Toms River woman Posted: Jul 29, 2017 A Toms River woman was left with extensive burns to her face, torso and thighs after a can of cooking spray exploded. Firefighters found the woman on the porch of her home just before 5:30 p.m. Friday. There was a small fire in the kitchen. Investigators say the woman was cooking on her stove top when the heated can of cooking spray suddenly exploded, spewing super-heated liquid and flames onto the victim. The woman was taken by helicopter to the hospital. There is no word on her current condition.