Awesome or Too Much: Family buy's daughter's bf a new car

Discussion in 'In the News' started by darkcurry, Dec 11, 2017.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

2. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

If they can afford it, why not.

3. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Good for them, but what happens if they break up?

4. redlolly

redlolly Well-Known Member

This is fantastic. Kudos to her family for amazing generosity and who clearly did a great job raising their daughter.
    I get the impression this boy has moved heaven and earth to treat her properly and it's great they recognise that. I'm sure they would not have done this for him if they didn't feel he earned it.
    What a beautiful couple they make too. He's a very good looking guy and she is stunning.

5. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Homeboy must had worked overtime for that gf family to get that car. Let's hope he has a good job too.

6. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Let's hope that homeboy treats her right and the relationship last a long time.

7. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

Let's hope she treats him right as well.

8. K

K Well-Known Member

hmm well that's one way to control things.

9. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

That is what went through my head. I don't want to sound like a hater, but puppy love don't always develope into full grown love. I know that from experience. lol :(
    But he must of did something right to have this family love him like that.

10. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Maybe they own a car dealership??lol
    It just sounds a little strange to me, like parents who let their teenage sons or daughters GFs/BFs sleep over at their house, in their child's bedroom.

Buying the kid a car is beyond generous.
    But it doesn't look new, so maybe it's just her parents being cool AF.

11. redlolly

It's actually really smart. I'm sure her parents feel a lot happier than if they were using public transport to see each other and go on dates.
    As you say, it's a secondhand car and likely not all that expensive really (all relative I know).
    I'm sure the boy must get quite a bit of stick from his mates over this too. It speaks volumes about his character that he'll put all that aside in order to take proper care of his girl and have a good relationship with her family.
    If they break up he'll keep the car or give it back or whatever, who cares! Hopefully they are just loving being together and not even thinking about that stuff.

12. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

The question should be, if you were this young man's parent, would you allow him to accept the car???

13. K

K Well-Known Member

Nope - you know it comes with all sorts of strings.

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Agreed.

A Cute couple for sure..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's his reaction..(1:03 min length)

[​IMG]
    love how he hugs everyone first..that's his first instinct before anything else.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Two things bother me about this however...

1. That his number-plate(tag) is showing..
    Lots of assholes who can trace him now...

[​IMG]

2. The despicable racism thrown at this couple AND the father along with vile insinuations FROM BOTH SIDES.
    It seems doing something nice for a BMTeen and/or a young WWT/BMT couple is just unacceptable to so many nasty people. Proving of course, the old adage that no good deed goes unpunished..

[​IMG]

15. K

K Well-Known Member

My guess is there is more to this story. They own a dealership, a mechanic shop, or something. Maybe they had the extra car in the family. It doesn't look new - I did see where something was said about it being "brand new". The parents probably see him as a good kid....maybe he's going to school, working etc. They want to make sure the daughter is rolling around in safe transportation and they are going to be supportive of the bf doing well in life....especially if they think this relationship might be going somewhere.

In regards to if it's too much - I think that depends on the circumstances. Hard to know without knowing the full situation. What if they had won the lottery? then is it too much to get the daughter's bf reasonable car? What if this kid has been doing a bunch of work for them in their family business? Helping out with all sorts of things?

On the surface....I would question it, definitely wouldn't want my kid to accept something like that. But that's just based on no real information. Growing up, I knew people who were handed cars....brand new expensive ones at that. Sometimes it was done so the person was indebted to the family, or there were other hidden strings that often didn't come up until later down the road.

I don't get how it's any racial thing. Is that something that's being said??

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

At first I was thinking this a good situation for him being that her family is friendly and cool. Now you're making me look at it differently. The answer is no. Its not really fitting unless they were already engaged and its not the proper time unless they are already done with college.

If those conditions were met then I'd say cool. Perhaps the family is old school, like when the daughters father paid for the weddings. Imagine that.

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

A few more details on the sweet lovebirds. ..

'It is not clear how old they are or how far along in high school they are, though it appears she is a junior in high school and he attends the same school.
    He is a soccer player at school.

Chris has since told Twitter followers how he had planned on marrying Madison beforehand.

She regularly gushes about him on her own page, describing him as 'the love of her life' and 'best friend' and sharing photos of each other.

Their friends were delighted by the video.
    One labeled Chris the 'kindest most humble' person he knew.'

18. redlolly

I must say since hearing about this I don't even know them, but it made me so happy. I'm absolutely rooting for them.
    The internet is weird!

19. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Without a doubt, this gift is very generous. I guess the parents know him and probably have some affection for him enough to trust him.

I remember an episode of The Love Connection. A guy confessed that he once bought a car for a girlfriend. It is surprising that after that kind act he would be on the show.

20. redlolly

Not surprising at all.
    Any guy who would even mention that, or think it would impress a girl & make her like him would totally end up on that show.