Any other Arab girls struggling with family racism?

Discussion in 'Stereotypes and Myths' started by PrincessJasmine, May 16, 2016.

1. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Good luck to you

2. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

Meanwhile Arab guys bang BW like 9000.

I believe in equality....

I'm the rare Brother that understands the POLITICS of SEX and RACE...

If BM catch hell for being with an Arab girl....an Arab man should get the same.

If An Arab girl catches hell for being with a BM...BW should get the same.

BM are the only men on Earth that don't understand the politics of sex and race...if we did....oh boy....!

3. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Follow what you feel in your heart.

4. PrincessJasmine

PrincessJasmine New Member

That's very true there is a big double standard for Arab girls vs Arab guys. And we're basically taught from a young age to just deal with it.

My parents would probably think that I'm rebelling against them by dating a black guy, at least my Dad. But I'm not, I really love him.

That being said, I probably couldn't survive without my family. I will make a decision soon. Thankfully I have a decent job as a teacher, so I can at least survive economically without them if the shit hits the fan.

I know i would never lose my younger sisters, they will always have my back...no matter what.

5. K

K Well-Known Member

FWIW....it's not wise to make the decision based on the guy you are with. This is something you need to decide regardless of him. If you are going to take a stand, do so regardless of anyone else. Do so because it's the right thing to do for you whether or not you are involved with someone.

I think it's important to define what the real issues are for you. It's probably more than about who you date. If it's really about your dad (or whoever) controlling your life, then that's really what the issue is and it's beyond who you choose to be with.

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

:smt023

7. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Agreed! This definitely has to be a decision for herself, and the guy needs to be aware of the situation.

8. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I'm sorry your family felt that way towards Black men dating Arab women. What country is your family is from?

9. Soulthinker

I read somewhere that the Libians,Tunesians,and other Arabs treat Blacks so harshly.

10. Soulthinker

Flamehet,It is so true. They are so hypocritical like White Males when they date Black females.

11. KWillo

KWillo Active Member

I understand the politics behind it and it traces back to one thing: people look down on Black people....Which is one of the reasons why I choose to be single.

12. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Be prepared to lose everything. Sad but true.

13. The Dark King

Not entirely true but I see where you're coming from.
    Great thing about being black is you become so indifferent to all this dumb shit. Its the only way to maintain your sanity.

14. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

How does that keep you single though? Maybe relocate if you feel that everyone around looks down on you. Don't think you should have to be lonely because of how other people around you see you.

15. bilbo

bilbo Active Member

We have a presidential candidate from a major party who wants to ban Muslims (read: Arabs) from the country and your family has the nerve to be anti-black?

The risk that comes with immigrating to a pluralistic society like America is that your daughter might fall in love with a black man. Tell your family that you've made a choice they can either accept or fuck off.

16. The Dark King

There's a hierarchy homie. Nearly every single group in the world feels the same way about us.

17. flaminghetero

That's how Arabs are....pro-white....and anti-Black(men that is)

I wish Black so-called leaders would stop using the term "people of color" to describe Arabs..Mexicans....Indians....ect ect..because MOST of them despise Black people.

18. flaminghetero

For sure.

They better be thankful BM aren't the same way.

19. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

When I was in HS Arab guys dated whoever they wanted and played the field.

Most non-Black first generation immigrant women from my experience catch hell from their families when they date BM.

Do your best to work around it I guess until you're out on your own.
    Just make sure you know how 'traditional' your family is and what kind of backlash you might get for seeing a BM.

I've read about honor killings by Arab families in the U.S. and you sure as hell don't want a dating situation to become a life-or-death type of deal.

Immigrant families take a while to figure out the whole American social hierarchy.

It's not the 1950s.

The race of the man a woman chooses to date is less important than who he is as a person and what his goals in life are.

Man, I've had some serious crushes on Middle Eastern women as a teen and in my early 20s but it just wasn't happening.:smt069

If it's good for the both of you I'd just try to work around the drama you're having at home.

Just curious, but how do your Arab girlfriends feel about you dating a Black guy??

20. Othello1967

Othello1967 Active Member

I have no experience of your situation but the decision you make should be what`s best for you and not what`s best for your man or your family.
    Now let`s look at the big picture where it appears that whites in USA and Europe don`t care that much for Arabs so the smart thing your family and those who think like them to do is build bridges with other races. After all, there is safety in numbers. I must admit that`s easier said than done.