Animated Favorites (Cartoons & Anime)

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Tamstrong, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

I love the old stuff. I like that you can understand what's going on without knowing the language. :smt023

Yep. It's a shame, because it used to be such a great station.

2. Tamstrong

[HDYT]aU1c6r9wstI[/HDYT]

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]ucoTDhIcmGY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]jl17CYYSzUw[/YOUTUBE]

4. Tamstrong

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

6. Tamstrong

Just an FYI: I renamed the thread to include anime rather than just our favorite cartoons.

Looking through the thread again, I see that the videos posted before the forum was updated are gone. :( It'd be cool if folks would repost their favorite clips again under the new format (please & thank you :D ).

Oh yeah...bump.

7. Tamstrong

8. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The best English dubbed anime show I've seen in years.

[​IMG]

9. Tamstrong

10. Tamstrong

I've seen a trailer for it, and I know my son enjoyed it, but I haven't gotten around to checking it out yet.

11. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

You actually wait for the English Dub? Its the only shows that mess me up on the voice talent differences like I prefer the English Dragonball Voice Talent cause I grew up on it.

But really I cant stand the wait so I watch the Japanese version with English Subs. I suppose its easier now to wait since you dont have to rely on Cartoon Network to carry the load providing Dubs.

But yeah Great Show...and one of the best tournament arcs that i have seen in forever and I have seen a lot of fucking tournament arcs.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  12. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

If you like "approachable" anime shows about superheroes that aren't so steeped in Japanese culture that you can't understand it, this is the show for you.

I watch the Japanese voice version as well. I mentioned English dubbed because even though it's not the native language of the show, the English dubbing is very good and they even managed to transfer over the humor, which is really hard to pull off in anime dubs. Also hearing the "No 1 Hero" All Might speaking English sounds so fitting when you consider how much of an American style superhero stereotype he is.

13. Skaddix

Makes sense I am bit of snob when it comes to Subs vs Dubs lol.

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Ahh...so you did start watching. I remember mentioning this show in the Nerdz Lounge thread a while back and you seemed a bit hesitant about watching it. Good to see you gave it a look.

15. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Yeah, you were right about it. I didn't give it enough time initially. The main character (Deku) cried so much in the first few episodes I thought it was another one of those overly emotional anime shows. But to my pleasant surprise, the character and the show got so much stronger. I also love that one of Deku's moves is called "Detroit Smash" :D

16. Skaddix

I hate the Care Bears with a burning hatred...I went to summer camp at a place where that is all they played it was annoying as an older kid at that camp.

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Throwing Black Clover into the favorite anime mix. It and My Hero Academia are my two current must watch animes.

Once you get past all the silly comedic elements, the ongoing storyline and the magic power development/discovery aspects of the two lead characters (Asta & Yuno) make for an entertaining show.

[​IMG]

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Attack on Titan Season 3 has begun. The first 2 episodes are available on Crunchyroll, Funimation & Hulu. Subtitled versions for now.

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

If you're not already on board then you're missing out. The 2 micro seasons per year formulas has worked pretty well so far in advancing the overall storyline.